carat
color
clarity

Vietnamese and Tanzanian spinels

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my rings are done! :appl:

You'll have to forgive my shaking pictures, as I'm still not feeling 100 percent but getting better every day. Plus I'm using my left eye to take the shots...lol (thats how much of a junkie i am (yeah baby!! :appl: )

SOme of the pictures don't really tell the entire story as to how lovely these stones are. And red...well, we know my camera's issue with really red stuff (it wants to turn it orangy, ugh!!!)

apologies in advance for them being so grubby (yeah well..you know... :saint: )

Will start the show in a little bit :mrgreen:

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First up, the Vietnamese spinel. This stone is What I call strawberry red. Its quite lovely and packs a punch in all types of lighting.

Specs on this stone, 1.6ct 6.8mm cushion cut. The setting I purchased from LOGR last year. it is a VERY delicate setting. I really do love it.

More to come :naughty:

-A

sop1.jpg

sop2.jpg

sop4.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, the stone is not round, but a cushion. I think its quite rounded though. The cut on the stone my understanding is native (the seller cut the stone himself) but he did a really nice job of it.

Full sun

shade

Another hand shot

Excuse my fingernails as giving myself a manicure is quite the challenge.

more to come!

-A

sop32.jpg

sop6.jpg

sop7.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So heres the tanzanian spinel. This is the one I purchased from Africa Gems. Its 2.33ct and 9.25x7.25 slightly shallow at 4mm but still not terrible.

This stone will look somewhat orange in the pics though its not. it is however one hell of a red stone. And yes its also dirty considering I had my hands all over the poor thing :lol: Setting is an LOGR. Its not its forever home, but a home for quite a while.

We had sun today and it was pretty strong. This if full outright sun so I put the camera on auto for this shot. this actually comes close to the color that stone shows IRL when in full sun.

I stood in front of the door for this shot.

Not full sun, but by a window

Showing some half and half action

sup13.jpg

sup3.jpg

sup2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh, some of my shots are getting really screwy!

here's another on full auto. I'm in full sun which does wash me out but look at what it does to that stone!!

Hell I'd stay washed out forever if it stayed that way :lol:

Ok back to business...

Extreme Closeup!! I'm putting this out there because you can see how shallow the stone is. The stone is angled just a tad as well. Now granted, nobody is going to be that close and personal, and yeah I have to admit I purchased this stone for color above anything else. I'm cool with that. :mrgreen: (she's so smudgy...sorry :oops: )

-A

sup13.jpg

sup6.jpg

sup9.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more singles I took these in the great room. some sun, but not full sun.

Then i took a few quad pics :bigsmile: Dining room chair, full sun

Ok last one (glad??)

I was on the deck but in the doorway for this pic. Indirect sunlight

Its one of my favorites. Can't wear them like this all the time (too bad huh?)

Thanks for looking!

-A

sup4.jpg

soup2.jpg

soup6.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love them!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Freke! I had a tough time with taking pictures, even rougher putting them up (I put some of them in the wrong order drat!!) But I'm happy with how they turned out. I think I called the Vietnamese spinel 1.6ct but I believe its actually 1.8 (I have to look up the specs again) The Tanzanian stone is a very strong red. Won't always photograph like I see it though, but the glow really is something else on it.

If I could have gotten a bigger one I certainly would have!

-A

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well that turnd out fantastic. love the glow.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my! :o

Those are pretty amazing! The strawberry spinel is beautiful, and I love the setting, but the fiery red one is a real showstopper. They both look beautiful, and are guaranteed to stop traffic.

Aren't you glad you took a chance on the red spinel? ;))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks VL. The lovely guy that set it said that the inclusion wasn't a big deal though its visible. he did examination of the stone and said that I should not have any issues wearing it. Its not a ring I'll wear all the time, and thankfully its set low that I won't worry about bumping into anything.

Aoife, thanks. yes I'm VERY happy I took that chance. I was scared as hell to and I don't know if I would put myself through the stress again (yea I probably would... :lol: )

you know what? I wish it was bigger. :roll: man I should be shot for saying that...lol

Both are equally lovely to me for different reasons. On the way home I wore them both. :shock: Thats so sad... :nono: :lol:

-A

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1298761928|2860121 said:
Thanks VL. The lovely guy that set it said that the inclusion wasn't a big deal though its visible. he did examination of the stone and said that I should not have any issues wearing it. Its not a ring I'll wear all the time, and thankfully its set low that I won't worry about bumping into anything.

Aoife, thanks. yes I'm VERY happy I took that chance. I was scared as hell to and I don't know if I would put myself through the stress again (yea I probably would... :lol: )

you know what? I wish it was bigger. :roll: man I should be shot for saying that...lol

Both are equally lovely to me for different reasons. On the way home I wore them both. :shock: Thats so sad... :nono: :lol:

-A

Well, if it were any bigger, you'd need to wear sunglasses all day to protect yourself from red-glow-overload! :lol:

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
I really love them both Arcadian... beautiful!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOH Arc they are soooo beautiful and I love the settings you picked. :appl: :love: :appl: :love:
The strawberry spinel has my heart right now.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Arcadian! I have serious ring envy! We must have very, very similar taste in ring design because I found myself saying, "Yes! Yes!" every time I saw a new ring as I scrolled down!

The stones are gorgeous and each design is exquisite. I think I would love to own every single one, which is very rare for me to feel about any Pricescoper's set of rings. Just gorgeous! Wear them in good health!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That red stone makes me wanna go howl at the moon. Huh...oh well. :naughty:

If you ever decide to get rid of it, I wanna be first in line! Gorgeousness!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife, yeah I know, I have some big sunglasses though :saint: :bigsmile:

Gempassion, thanks.

Treenbean, thanks. For vietmanese spinel I heard it was pretty rare to get some of the larger sizes that were clean. When I started researching them, that seemed to really be the case, and larger sizes you ALWAYS paid the premium no matter the color (well especially if quite clean) My stone isn't what I would call eye clean, because I do see some small inclusions but the cutting helps to not make it so obvious. The color is really lovely, I love how it just glows in lower lights.

Deb, thanks. I think having such a diverse place as pricescope is that you'll always find someone who can have your taste or something close to it. Though these are mass produced settings, I'm quite happy with how they look. I think that you have to let the stone sometimes dictate how its going to be set, though in the case of the strawberry spinel, I really looked high and low for just the right stone to make that setting sing. so thats quite a compliment to me and I thank you :bigsmile:

brandy thanks. I've had some very happy weeks at the jewelers. I dunno, you think he's sick of me doing the happy dance in his store??? :lol: It does indeedy glow like nobody's business in a lot of different lights, but it has times where its also pretty quiet and just at a low hum. I'm ok with that but everyone wouldn't be. I would also say its the way to go if you really can't afford the crystalline ones in the same color category, BUT, they really are an acquired taste but cheap enough to find out if thats what you really like. Certainly a fun stone and one I'm not looking to unload for a long time ;))

-A

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS, Arcadian! The strawberry spinel made me sigh out loud. That is just the way I want to set my blue spinel, delicate halo & shank, showing off the beauty of the stone -- wonderful choice you made. First I thought that was my fave till I saw your red one -- loved that too. Then came the others, all are just right for each stone & for your slender fingers. Thanks for the photos, great way to wake up this morning!

--- Laurie

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
WOW such a GORGEOUS collection of rings
Each one lovelier than the last! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

I think JewelFreak is right on about the settings....
Your hands and fingers are so feminine and nice,
and that dainty setting for your strawberry is so perfect sitting on your finger :love:

But Big Red !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know who the Attention Queen is in that crowd ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

such pretty rings. It will be hard to decide which one to wear each day..... le sigh.......

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I can't decide which one is my favorite as I really like them both.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Laurie. I really lucked out with that 6mm setting, just it remade in 18k. The band is quite thin at 1.3mm so I can put my stackers around it without it feeling and looking too bulky. Nothing snags anywhere, my jeweler checked the diamonds when I brought it in, and he said they were nice and tight, so I commend LOGR for doing a great job on it. I initially was going to set a cushion Tsav in there, but it was way too big. I think this combination worked out way better though.

Thanks shiney! hehehe my big ol size 8 slender fingers you mean?? :bigsmile: Its always hard deciding what to wear some days. The only time I really restrict myself from any jewelry sans my diamond studs is when I have to travel for work.

Thanks herekitty. next up is the elusive orange stone. (I got a lead on one, too bad I can't post video!) Looks like it may be what I'm looking for. from the video its somewhere between tangerine and safety orange. Once I have it in hand I'll be able to tell more. (though I still don't think its going to be a go for white gold...gahhhh :errrr: )

But heck if I could get all the rings on my hands and just walk around like that for a few hours I probably would! :lol:

In some of the pictures you can see the unfortunate inclusion on the larger red stone (and sweater fuzz) :shock: which at arms length, you really can't see it at all. (Ok I have to admit, I actually look for it :roll: :lol: )

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo Arcadian, they are both lovely! I really enjoy the group shot as well!

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful gems. Both so different but lovely reds!

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
the tanzanian spinel is such a yummy candy-ish color! i like!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks packrat, cabochon and zzz. The tanzanian stone reminds me of one of the pantone colors called red berry. =) I'm always amazed by how NOT red the vietmanese stone looks when its next to the tanzanian one. ah well. red is pretty no matter the shade :bigsmile:

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Vietnamese spinel and am awed by Marc's one. It does not look orangey, it looks stunningly bright, saturated and noticeable. I bet this stone is SEEN from afar! It glows! Congratulations on both stones, great colors, I can only imagine how happy you feel.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your red stones, and the settings :love: :love: ! The only red stone I have is a Barry rhodolite and it's gorgeous, but now I want more!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks crasru and babynurse. I'm wearing the yellow gold ring now :mrgreen: Both have amazing presence for their size. The settings were perfect for each of them.

-A

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! I really like that strawberry red color. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results