shape
carat
color
clarity

Beating the Monday blues... Nightmare Engagement?

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
blacksand|1299073579|2862808 said:
As an aside: I'd love a proposal at a family event. It would be wonderful to have all the people I love in one place. But I know the boyfriend would be too shy for something like that, and I'm okay with that.

This made me think of a friend who recently got engaged, and I think her FI did a great job of incorporating the family into the event, while still making it a private proposal. He took her privately to the beach and proposed, and afterward, the two of them had champagne on the beach to enjoy the moment for a while. Then he had arranged to have her family with his family at his parents' house, so they went over there afterwards and saw everyone. I think that's a really good combination of getting to enjoy your moment together for a while but also getting to see all the people you love.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
TwinkleStar|1299038956|2862697 said:
No public/family proposals, which leads me to...

No proposals at other people's weddings! Awkward! Do people even do this anymore? It just seems like you're stealing someone else's day.

THIS. this is the worst- hands down. And, as a joke, the bf said- "hey, what would you do if my bro/sis in law announced that they're pregnant at our wedding" (They're going to start trying at the end of the year/next year). And I told him- it's not what I will do, it's what my family will do. That is just as tacky.

Also, I agree with blacksand. I don't have any right to tell him what I want and don't want, and I really try not to. I actually asked him to stop asking me what-ifs about it since I really want to be surprised and want it to be entirely him. My bf is the super-duper romantic type so I know that I will be totally pleased with the results. he's also big into surprises (not so much at keeping them secret...) so I know he'll try his hardest to surprise me. As soon as we buy that ring I'm going to have to keep tissues on me because I know I'm going to weep when he finally asks ;(

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Carriage Rides... It just seems so contrived and cheesy.

I'd prefer something sweet, thoughtful, and low key. I'd rather him not stress out over every detail or spend a lot of money.

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
My nightmare engagement would have to be at any type of sports game. I have made it clear that I find it embarressing and not personal.... please avoid the thousands of peoples eyes staring at me.. At that moment I only want his eyes on me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results