carat
color
clarity

Quick help with lavender spinel!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone,

After my disappointment with the Rhodolite I decided to consider purchasing a spinel I've had my eye on for some time. It's right at the top of my budget so I want your expertise to evaluate it before I go ahead and pay for it today. Link and pics below:

http://www.artcutgems.com/item.php?item_id=753&page=2&category_id=48

I am looking for a medium coloured spinel - it seems to not have much grey and hopefully won't go dark! What do you think?

Cushion Spinel.jpg

Cushion Spinel.2jpg.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks very nice. lovely color.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree, it's a beautiful colour.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I considered it for a long time (I only have so many settings though lol) Its very lovely and will sparkle nicely. Rose or yellow gold will make it sing!

-A

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Lovely color. Agree w/Arcadian, rose or yellow gold would be perfect -- I vote for yellow gold, in fact. Nice stone, hope you go for it.

--- Laurie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's very pink and I prefer the cooler lavenders, but if you like the color, that's all that matters. I'm worried that it will be a bit darker than it looks in the pic? The description reads medium light reddish-purple, so I wouldn't expect this to be lavender...of course that also depends on your definition of lavender...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course you're right FrekeChild - it's more of a Hubba Bubba chewing gum purple but that didn't sound quite so chic.... :lol: I really like it so will probably get it. Hoping it isn't much darker than shown - fingers crossed! Will be sending it to Daniel M once I have some funds.

Thanks for all your replies and comments. :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1298858099|2860853 said:
I'm worried that it will be a bit darker than it looks in the pic? The description reads medium light reddish-purple, so I wouldn't expect this to be lavender...of course that also depends on your definition of lavender...

I agree with this summation.

If you want more of a lavender shade, I would keep looking. Pure lavender is a light violet color, and has a bit more blue in it and less red.

However, if you like this stone, then I would ask about the tone, as it could be darker in real life. It would also be nice to see into the stone, instead of the glare on the table. Also ask about any color shift as some of these more reddish purple spinels tend to go browner in some lighting.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rick has very kindly sent me another face-on photo and answered a few questions about it so I have gone ahead and purchased it! It looks beautiful and grapey. :love: Can't wait to receive it and post IRL shots. Thanks for your advice and encouragement.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results