shape
carat
color
clarity

is this diamond a good value

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi All;
I found this diamond and here are the specs
Pear shaped 1.65 carats F VVS1 with two trillion cuts on the side at .58 carats each. It is set in platium.
The price is 13,250
it is from a very reputatable company that makes fine jewelry. thanks

Phil

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
any feedback on this post would be apprecaited, thanks

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Pad, you gave us the color, clarity, and carat. Without the numbers that tell us about the cut, it is very difficult to decide if it is a good buy or not. 1/4 of the equation is missing. (1 of the 4Cs) See if you can get all the measurements of the diamond, so the experts can weigh in. Otherwise, make sure they have a good return policy, and use an independant appraiser to decide if this was a good deal or not. Make the sale contingent on the ring appraising at, near, or slightly above the price you paid. Good luck.

Shay

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of stuff missing. What are the dimensions of the center diamond? That will give you an idea of the width to length ratio. Industry standard preferred is 1.5 to 1.75 for pears. What is the symmetry rated? Some pear shapes are just modified trilliants if not good symmetry. What is the depth percentage, table percentage? What about the side trillions? What color are they? Clarity? .58 carat trillions are pretty large.

It's impossible to tell what kind of bargain you may or may not be getting without some more information. That's why you didn't get any responses after your first posting.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi all;
I dont have the cut info on the diamond. but I know that it comes from Tiffanys, so I am assuming that is it a premium cut on the pear, the side stones are F color and VVS1 like the center stone.
I hope that helps some what.
Thanks

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results