shape
carat
color
clarity

I need advice on the cut of this round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toddfj

Rough_Rock
I bought a 1.09 egl round brilliant I SI2 Paid $3900. He has given me a few more choices before I set it next friday. I am thinking it is too deep and too far off ideal--am I right?? The guy didn''t give me any cut information in the begining. I am thinking I should look for another egl stone of his and look at cut better.

measurements 6.43-6.4*4.23mm

Depth 65.9
Table 57
Crown 16.4
Pavilion 44.9
Girdle med-slthick
Polish G-vg Symmetry good Flourescence none Culet none

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
What did your eyes tell you about the stone? Did you have the opportunity to see it in lighting other than that of the jeweler's store?

The numbers aren't lighting up the ideal range at all
sad.gif
For the money you are spending, I would guess you could get a similar color/clarity combo that would be a bit smaller...maybe the .8-.9 ct weight?

toddfj

Rough_Rock
Oh Yeah, the HCA score is 4.6

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
As Wonka suggests, I am a big believer in your eyes telling you a lot about the stone, but this depth scares me--you're losing spread because of it. I'd compare it to stones with 60-61.8% depths and good table/crown/pavillion numbers and see what you notice.
1.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your stone looks smaller than a well cut one carat stone, so the extra weight is just costing you money for something you can't see.

I would compare it to a stone with a better depth percentage (59.5-62.5 or so) and see if you can tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results