carat
color
clarity

I've gone off the deep end... pink-red tourmaline

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo that certainly is pretty!
now that I think about it, I never saw that on his site either. dang you making him stash these things? :lol:

-A

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i started looking around after i read hotpozzum's thread, and there it was! so i emailed him :)

eta: i debated w/ myself for about 10 mins before i sent out the email too... i won.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH usually I stay in the kiddy pool, but I'd cross the rope to the deep end for that! Wowsahs

A

Anonymous

Ohhh that's PRETTY! Congratulations! ::)

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
fierypyropixy|1297212335|2847035 said:
ForteKitty|1297210695|2847009 said:

Gosh, you're winning a lot lately . . . congrats, I was about 15 minutes behind you. :)

I have been buying a lot lately. it really needs to stop. but i have no self control.

Ahh.. thanks guys! i can't wait to see this one. My gems from Barry are stuck at the post office.. our delivery guy decided to leave a slip on my patio chair while i was sitting in the living room! Didn't bother ringing the doorbell or knocking! Of course the slip slipped off and i didn't find it until sunday night.. so my gems are still at the PO. and i can't get to them until this friday!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and such a nice size.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
yum yum yum! Very nice stone. :appl: :appl: :appl:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooh that is luscious! I did look at that but it's a tad outta my price range hence why I chose the other one but glad a PS member got it! Can't wait to see your pics.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
both of those look so yummy! :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! she should be here tomorrow.. i am too overly excited!

Rinni- that tourmaline is so pretty! you must post pics when it arrives!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1297360763|2848564 said:
Thanks guys! she should be here tomorrow.. i am too overly excited!

Rinni- that tourmaline is so pretty! you must post pics when it arrives!!
Any update on the tourmaline?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
that tourmaline is lovely too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful!!!! Pics when they arrive, please!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am wondering where my new baby from Litnon is...? It's been at least 2 weeks and nothing so far :(( Can't wait to see photos of everyone elses.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HP, I would send Michael an email if its been that long. I've usually gotten stones from him in 3-4 days but that could be because of my location. Postal service has been known to get really squirrely sometimes though.

-A

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Sorry everyone, but no pics of this gem. I returned it. it wasn't as vivid as i expected... :((

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all, I too have just received my garnet from Litnon finally. :appl:

The cut and clarity are divine but sadly it is very dark unless in direct sunlight. ;(

Typical of this material I know but I cannot seem to reproduce the bright red shown in the listing at all! I may send it back but will play with it for a day to see if I fall in love with it regardless.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that :((

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty and HotPozzum,
No vendor is going to have perfect stones all the time. I find that the most accurate pictures are usually the hand shots where the stone is usually less saturated/glowy than the on the table shots. I am sorry that your stones did not live up to your expectations but at least Litnon has a good return policy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1298339866|2856965 said:
Sorry everyone, but no pics of this gem. I returned it. it wasn't as vivid as i expected... :((

Fortekitty,
I'm sorry about your experience, but at least they have a good return policy. I returned a stone to Linton a long long time ago, and had no problems. Michael was very communicative. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. No stone is perfect, and that's why it's a good idea to ask how the stone performs in various lighting, before purchasing. I didn't really respond to this thread earlier because I do have a problem with rubellites in general. Many can undergo irradiation and the treatment is not detectable, so I think you did yourself a favor by returning it regardless of the color.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i ended up buying another red tourmaline tho.. a 5.10ct from Barry's drop last week...

he said he had the rough for about 4 years. what's the chance of it being irradiated?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1298684556|2859715 said:
i ended up buying another red tourmaline tho.. a 5.10ct from Barry's drop last week...

he said he had the rough for about 4 years. what's the chance of it being irradiated?

I heard they were irradiating tourmaline since the early 2000's. It could be irradiated, and it wouldn't be Barry's fault because he's trusting his supplier. The problem is that this treatment is not detectable except for one situation: If it has brown or orange in it, I heard that's probably the only way of telling if it's not treated, but then again, if you want vivid saturation, you don't want brown or orange in the stone.

I have some Bob Kast rubellites that I adore, but I kind of look at them in a different light now because they could be irradiated. I have no 100% fool proof way of telling. It's a bummer, but at least I didn't pay a lot for them.

Honestly, the only way to be 100% sure that a nicely saturated rubellite is untreated is if you dug it out of the ground yourself. At least that's what I have been told by people that make it their work to investigate treated stones.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It's orange-red. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results