shape
carat
color
clarity

antique setting for an aquamarine

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone ~

I am sooo happy to have found this site! I am new to the world of colored gems and feel as though a whole universe just opened up (akin to: "we're not in kansas anymore.") A completely intoxicating, glorious, universe. I shouldn't forget humbling too, especially after seeing some of the eye candy pics. Wow!

I have a few questions but I'll just ask this one for now. I am in the process of having Jeff White cut an aqua, my birthstone, for me. A fortieth b-day gift to myself and I could not be more ready to begin a whole new decade.... The finished gem is going to be a 3.5-4.5 carat, square cushion, in the ballpark of 9x9mm. Deeper blue, rather than icy blue. (insert me dancing a jig here in anticipation of seeing the rough come to life) After much thought, I am very interested in exploring a setting that has an antique or vintage feel to it. Does anyone have a suggestion where I might begin looking? I truly appreciate any guidance.

Thank you ~
faegrace

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Were you looking for an artist or a ready-made setting?

If you work with Michael E he can create something for you to your specs,
or suggest settings or ideas of his own.
I am working with him right now, and I
am pretty stunned with what he is coming up with... :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are shopping for ideas, I suggest Lang’s Antique and SingleStone.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to say 'thank you' to all of you.... I am eager to check out your suggestions. :) Shiney, I am thinking it will have to be a custom setting, so probably an artist.

Have a great day!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds beautiful, Jeff did a Perdiot asscher cut for me.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Autumngems ~

Your avatar is gorgeous!!! Would you please tell me about that ring? If you have a pic of the peridot, I would love to see it. Jeff's web gallery proved mesmerizing, so naturally I had to follow through.

The suggestions everyone had has left quite a brainstorm on my desk....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results