shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue spinel...ok fess up, who got it???

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wish it were me! What a heavenly color. Nice cut too.

--- Laurie

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, pretty! I wish it were me, but would settle for admiring a bunch of photos.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I want to see...how come Swala's site never works for me? Am I the only one with this problem? I have the rare advantage of being just down the road from their retail store.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie thats weird. I'm not sure why that is. ..... though if I was right down the road I'd be all up in that place weekly :lol:

-A

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it worked in the states.

They have the most exquisite finished jewelry in their window but they have never been open when I go by. I think perhaps it's by appointment but I would feel like I shouldn't make one just to ogle. I do need to get on with getting some local gems it's true.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
That is marvelous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that is lovely. I wish it was being shipped to my house.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
That's a nice color for a blue spinel. I wish a Pricescoper got it so there may be a chance to see more pictures. Gem quality cobalt blue spinels are getting very expensive. If you want to see a even nicer one, go to Palagems.com amd click on Feb. 16 'featured stone'.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Art Nouveau|1298257437|2856333 said:
That's a nice color for a blue spinel. I wish a Pricescoper got it so there may be a chance to see more pictures. Gem quality cobalt blue spinels are getting very expensive. If you want to see a even nicer one, go to Palagems.com amd click on Feb. 16 'featured stone'.

Oh yeah, thats GORGEOUS!!! :love:

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1298246543|2856211 said:
Yeah, it worked in the states.

They have the most exquisite finished jewelry in their window but they have never been open when I go by. I think perhaps it's by appointment but I would feel like I shouldn't make one just to ogle. I do need to get on with getting some local gems it's true.

I'm really confused. I thought that Swala was based in Africa. Do they have a retail store??????

Ignore me! I've just looked at their website and apparently they have two. One in Arusha and the other in Dar-es-Saleem

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I was actually at the one in Dar es Salaam again today and they were still not open. One of these day I'll make an appointment and give a full report. They had changed their display since my last visit and had some really sweet little cab rings I was eyeing.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1298321375|2856762 said:
Yes, I was actually at the one in Dar es Salaam again today and they were still not open. One of these day I'll make an appointment and give a full report. They had changed their display since my last visit and had some really sweet little cab rings I was eyeing.

OMG please do!!! :appl: It would be great to see what they have in house!

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results