shape
carat
color
clarity

New spinel

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Largosmom|1296779796|2842339 said:
Frekechild, love that setting, you find the coolest things. ;-)
Thanks Largosmom! I actually wanted this setting as my ering originally, so I'm really excited about it. Yay!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like your engraved setting too..wonder what bothers you about the prongs, do they distract from the stone--to much going on?

I have found some similar split shank settings and some which are engraved, but not quite like that.

I just purchased a dark grey spinel from Dana...felt brave to try something totally different than I would normally get. We'll see what it looks like when it gets here. I hope it isn't too dark, but am considering a tie pin or something for my hubby or maybe setting it with something bright colored. I'm wondering what the color shift on it may be, I don't recall if Dana said in his description.

Laura

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Largosmom|1296793390|2842555 said:
I like your engraved setting too..wonder what bothers you about the prongs, do they distract from the stone--to much going on?

I have found some similar split shank settings and some which are engraved, but not quite like that.

I just purchased a dark grey spinel from Dana...felt brave to try something totally different than I would normally get. We'll see what it looks like when it gets here. I hope it isn't too dark, but am considering a tie pin or something for my hubby or maybe setting it with something bright colored. I'm wondering what the color shift on it may be, I don't recall if Dana said in his description.

Laura

I have to tell you I know exactly which stone you're talking about and I considered purchasing it as soon as I saw it! I can't wait to see what you think! He seemed to think it had a slight blue/purple shift to it. You have to promise that you will take pictures!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the clarification. The setting for big blue is very pretty. Can the prongs for the other one be shaved down rather than having to remake the entire thing?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I love the new spinel and the setting choice!!

Also, could you tell me where you got your baguette setting for the grey spinel? It's one of my favorite classic settings and I've seen a lot of versions of it but your looks really nice and sleek.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1296825015|2842745 said:
Thanks for the clarification. The setting for big blue is very pretty. Can the prongs for the other one be shaved down rather than having to remake the entire thing?
I'm wondering that myself, seeing as how that would be much cheaper than a new setting. I will probably look into it before I get a new setting made, but I'm afraid I don't trust the bench person who made it, although I know they would do the "repair" for free...Still seems to be something to look into.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1296826640|2842754 said:
Freke, I love the new spinel and the setting choice!!

Also, could you tell me where you got your baguette setting for the grey spinel? It's one of my favorite classic settings and I've seen a lot of versions of it but your looks really nice and sleek.
Hi rubybeth! I'm afraid that it was secondhand. It originally had a synthetic sapphire set into it, and I don't think that was original to the setting, otherwise I'd point you that way. I know that Icekid has a very similar setting (only hers has a gorgeous sapphire!), so perhaps she might wander by? If not, I think she's in FHH nowadays...

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I will post some pictures when it comes in next week. I am hoping it is pretty. A shift to blueish or purplish would be cool.

I would never have considered a gray stone without having seen yours, though I surely love spinels.

Laura

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a CAD....

CAD1.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love spinels.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you did so good! It's lovely. I'm head over heels for Big Blue too, and the one at the top of the pic with all your rings. Can't wait to see the necklace -- super idea.

--- Laurie

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
:) :) I like!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results