shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, help me to choose one of these PP tahitian strands

le chat

Rough_Rock
Re: Please, help me to choose one of these PP tahitian stran

HHPmom: Thank you very much for your picture. And wowww, you got really beautiful strands. I can't say any word, just look at your strands and :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: .
You give me an ideal for the next strand, i hope :naughty: . I order the strand above and the next one will be green/blue and have silver overtone, something like that to lay out. Have ever you lay out the round and baroque together yet? I haven't seen anyone done that, and wondering will it give nice look to lay out round and baroque strand together?

Mozo, 4Ranch Girl: I did ask them when I chatted with the assistant what I like and she got what I want but It seems PP doesn't have many pearls in stock at the moment so she can't offer more I think.

I decided to order this green body strand with green/blue overtone and aslo ask them to find a pair of earrings to match with. Hope they will be nice on my skin. When I get them, will post the pictures. Thank you all for your advices. I appreciated very muh =)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

I'm totally confused. Did you order the inner most strand of the first picture or the new strand they sent. Anyway, I bet you will love the one you did order. Congratulations and when they arrive Enjoy :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

HHPMom, i like the bottom strand....i seem consistently drawn to the more silver tones as opposed to the darker and more green.....

MoZo

le chat

Rough_Rock

4Ranch Girl: thank you very much for your congratulations. I ordered the new one. The more i look at the strand, the more I love. I am very excited to see them in person.

Here is one more picture that they sent me with the earrings. I chose the bottom ones and found it is a better match.

02-11-11%20TAN+E.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

Great choice, le chat. The top pair has some bronze overtone, not my favorite, won't pop on your ears. This picture shows better luster than the other one. Gorgeous, gorgeous luster. :love: :love: :love: My favorite pearl is the one with the blue halo from center left, looking at the strand.

As long as you stay away from much darker overtone, like the one I attach below, you should be ok. The very dark overtones won't do well on Asian skin. I've attached an example of such strand from PP's website. I find that the bright green and med. green look fabulous on Asian/olive skin, no matter if you are fair or med. tone. Any weak pink from peacock won't show well at all, unless it's strong pink or you have to wear on top of white shirt for pink to show.

I haven't try mixing round with baroque shape yet. Being more of a symmetrical person, I don't know if I can do it. But I made some mixed strands of various colors by breaking up and mixing some PP strands (white SS and Tahitian) and a TPO GSS strand. I am attaching it here. This is part of it. There are 3 parts: 18" strand, 40" ish rope, and a bracelet, all can be joined at the clasp to loop around 2 times to wear as a loose belt on solid color, sheath dresses.

IMG_3421_1.jpg

PP dark TAN100-1161 strand.jpg

le chat

Rough_Rock

HHPmom: the blue one is also my favorite and this strand has the best luster than 3 others as I was told.
I like your robe pearls very much. It is beautiful and practical., you can wear in many ways :love: . Plus, golden SS make tahitian and white SS pearls more blended well and don't make the robe too constrast dark and white.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

HHPmom|1297524729|2849946 said:
As long as you stay away from much darker overtone, like the one I attach below, you should be ok. The very dark overtones won't do well on Asian skin. I've attached an example of such strand from PP's website. I find that the bright green and med. green look fabulous on Asian/olive skin, no matter if you are fair or med. tone. Any weak pink from peacock won't show well at all, unless it's strong pink or you have to wear on top of white shirt for pink to show.

I have to come back to clarify. The dark strand I referred to, imo, isn't compatible with Asian skin because it's too chocolaty-looking. I have a baroque/drop strand that has deep, deep purple and deep green pearls. It looks nice on my complexion, I think. As far as peacock pearls, some weak pink pearls don't pop out when looking directly at them. But at an angle (person looking at your strand is by your side/45 degree), the pink can shimmer against the green, showing off its peacock characteristic. It's quite mesmerizing. I noticed that with my bracelet when I wore it yesterday.

Lechat, please post your pictures when you receive your set, including neck shot.

le chat

Rough_Rock

HHPmom: thank you for your advices again. I learnt a lot from you :wavey:

I will post the pictures when I get them. I ordered the set and freshdaman studs 2 days ago and have not gotten any update on tracking order yet. Hope they ship out soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results