shape
carat
color
clarity

Los Angeles Area - Beach Proposal Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

usc_alex

Rough_Rock
I''ve received help from you wonderful people regarding the ring selection and now I need help with a proposal idea. We are going to LA soon and I know I want to do a sunset beach proposal. I want to go to a nice beach with a nice view. I think Laguna Beach and Malibu have nice cliffs and things that set a nice back drop or points that over look the beach. I just don''t know exactly where. Can someone help me find a location like that? Any info like websites with pictures that you know of would help or any recommendation. Thanks in advance!

AL

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
There are lots of beautiful beaches in So. Cal. IT probably just depends on where you are and what is near by. My favorite is Manhattan Beach. The pier or the strand are great sunset watching spots. Manhattan Beach

researcher

Ideal_Rock
There's a beautiful place in Malibu--I think it's the Nature Preserve--that would make an AWESOME place to propose.

As for Laguna, my fiancé proposed to me at the Surf & Sand Hotel. It's a GORGEOUS location (right on the beach) and has sliding doors in the rooms that give you a spectacular view of the waves crashing against the shore. But, if you're not wanting to get a hotel room and propose there, if you head north a little there's a cute little gazebo that is perfectly situated on the cliffs (I think it's called Heisler Park). Here's a picture: Gazebo.

Good luck!

usc_alex

Rough_Rock
Do you happen to know where this natural preserve is or the name of it?

fancycoloredfan

Rough_Rock
Go to dana point - near laguna beach.

the st. regis hotel is gorgeous - as well as the montage - they are kind of pricey (i went to a wedding there) but the area is gorgeous!!!
-Ariana

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
All those places are fabulous, I would also recommend going to the Sunset restaurant in Malibu http://www.thesunsetrestaurant.com or Geoffrey's in Malibu http://www.geoffreysmalibu.com/. Both have spectacular ocean views and incredibly romantic atmosphere. I live in Manhattan Beach and lop is right the pier is incredibly romantic and there are a lot of great restaurants in walking distance to celebrate afterwards. Some of the more romantic Restaurants around there are Mangiamo's, Talia's, Fonze's...but I think they are not as romantic as other places in malibu or even Santa Monica...but geesh I would think denny's was romantic if my boyfriend proposed there~

How exciting!!!! Good Luck~
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ivanadiamond -- I lived in MB for years, and it still is one of my all time favorite places! I hope you are enjoying it.

I agree -- for a sunset restaurant, there are better, but for a nice stroll on the strand or pier, and then dinner afterwards, it's great.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one who adores Santa Monica & the front porch of the Art Deco Georgian Hotel at cocktail hour?

Edited to add: Not to mention a GREAT place to watch the sunset.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
lop,

I love living here too. And you are right, the pier and a stroll is super romantic-

Allegria in Malibu is also romantic http://www.allegriamalibu.com or Wolfgang Puck's Granita restaurant. You could even go for a stroll down the boardwalk at the Santa Monica Pier and then go to a fab restaurant around there like Michaels or the Lobster.

good luck and keep us posted~
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results