shape
carat
color
clarity

Teaching kids $$$ mgmt...

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Cute article. I don't have kids yet, but think back and wish my parents had taught me more about money as I got older, like the teen years. I babysat all the time, made a ton of money and even bought a car, but I had no idea how to manage it. Thank goodness DH taught me all about being frugal. Good to start young!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I grew up with an accountant for a father. This is familiar territory to me. I won't be doing it with my own kid, for sure! It didn't teach me the value of money (which is different to every person) it taught me how to be secretive and sneaky about acquiring money and spending it.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Cute!

My parents did something similar with me, though I didn't have to save any of it (or give any of it). If I wanted something, my mom gave me chores to do in order to earn the money. I also got a small allowance every week just for being cute :bigsmile: I liked that I could always earn extra money if I wanted it. Once I got older she had me do more annoying and difficult chores - once I washed all of the windows in the house (inside and out) for $100. She was paying a company more than that just to do the outsides, so she figured I could do it all and get paid. I loved that!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they'll learn when daddy stop paying their CC...go ask my older daughter.. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results