shape
carat
color
clarity

I never introduced myself!!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I was on here this morning seeing if anyone got engaged over the weekend (my favorite new hobby) when I caught my eye on the LIW list rules: 1. Ask to be added to the list and 2. introduce yourself! I've been posting here for a few weeks and lurking for a few months but never properly introduced myself. My sincerest apologies!!! :nono:

A little about me: my bf and I have been together now for just over 5 years but have known each other for almost 8! We started out as co-workers, then became friends, then best-friends, and finally realized our feelings for one another. We began dating 2 weeks before the end of our senior fall semester in college, but I had signed up for a study abroad program and was leaving in 6 weeks. After some serious talks, we felt that it would be silly to ignore the amazing relationship we had just started and decided to try a long distance relationship. We were apart for 6 months and it was a truly difficult experience. I don't know if we would have been able to make it had we not been such great friends before I left. I was initially opposed to the "long distance" thing but it ended up being a great test to our relationship and to our friendship. I think after that we felt that we could survive everything and anything.

We've been living together now for 3 years and I can't say it's been perfect. We certainly had to "learn" to live together- (I can be a bit messier than his OCD can handle) but we've really gotten into a groove now and, each year, feel like we grow stronger and stronger as a unit. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world- I found a man who loves to do the dishes!! :appl:

My bf just finished grad school in May and is just starting to get on his feet. We've always talked about getting married (as far back as our first few weeks together- we knew it was right from the start) but last year he finally told me that he wanted to start saving so he could propose sometime this year and we could be wed sometime next year. :D I was especially happy since I was definitely starting to feel the itch and hoping he wasn't getting too comfortable with our living situation (which I've been hearing so much of on here lately). All in all I feel like a pretty lucky lady- He's the first man I had dated who was the "nice" guy- sensitive, romantic, respectful to his family, loves my family, and is completely devoted to me. I can't wait to post my engagement on here in a few months, but for now, I'm enjoying meeting all you ladies and living vicariously through your proposals! ;))

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet.
Can your BF please teach my BF to do the dishes? :bigsmile:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chloe,

Yes- I didn't realize how rare that was until it would come up in conversation (mainly from women saying their men don't do much around the house) and I love to drop that tid-bit. It makes me fel so special!! :love:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Yes, your BF should host a dishwashing class! My BF hates doing the dishes, but will do them for me when I am busy.

Hope your stay is short!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, confuseddaisy! That's super exciting that you've found the one AND that you have a timeline! We'll be waiting excitedly for all of the great news!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and welcome! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results