shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

theboss

Rough_Rock
I''ve been shopping casually for about 2 months and more seriously over the last 2 weeks. I think I''ve narrowed it down to 3 stones and I''m curious to hear what some of the more knowledgeable people here think.

All are princess cut, my original price range was 3100-3400:

---------------------------------

#1 - Should I be concerned about the Table% being a little high? I had the stone looked at and it is eye-clean, I was told there are feathers near one of the edges of the stone.

Carat weight: 0.91
Cut: Very Good
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 69.4%
Table %: 76%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.64x5.43x3.77 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.04
cert: GIA
Price: $3082

#2 - I''m very concerned about buying an SI2 over the web and I think I''d like a stone a little closer to a 1.00 ratio, but check out how clean the AGS report looks http://www.bluenile.com/viewcert.asp?pid=LD00376613&zoom=1 It makes me think this is a nice find, I''m having it looked at friday morning and will have more info then.

Carat weight: 0.93
Cut: Very Good
Color: I
Clarity: SI2
Depth %: 69.1%
Table %: 69.1%
Symmetry: Very good
Girdle: Slightly thick to very thick
Measurements: 5.62x5.26x3.63 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.07
cert: AGS
Price: $2948

#3 - originally a little smaller than I had hoped for (was shooting for around .9), but with the depth% I think it''s still going to look very close in size to the other 2. It seems like a good price considering it''s IF, perfectly square and part of BN signature ideal collection. I realize I''m probably paying for things that the naked eye would not normally notice, but an extra $600 (over the stones above) does not seem like too much to pay for the rarity of an IF stone.
Carat weight: 0.84
Cut: Ideal Signature Princess
Color: I
Clarity: IF
Depth %: 64.1%
Table %: 71%
Symmetry: Very good
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Measurements: 5.41x5.41x3.47 mm
Crown height: 9.7%
Length/width ratio: 1.00
Cert: GIA & GCAL
Price: $3636

So what are your opinions in general? If i said i was leaning toward #3, would you say I was getting too caught up in the IF stuff? Is there anything that i''m missing in comparing these diamonds? The prices in general seem fair to me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results