shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Picking HOT PINK.....please

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I'm begging you...
I have no business continuing to check these sites for gems, but I can't can't quit...
I love my Mahenge spinel, but I am dying for a HOT pink Sapphire, something round.
Size closer to 6 mm than not.....
The two that I have been staring at for weeks now are:

The GemRite Winza sapphire (I think someone here actually bought it but returned it?)
Or
This stone from Tan (and I am not sure how to link these things, maybe someone can help me out with the picture....)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-24ct-CERTIFIED-UNHEATED-Stunning-Round-Pink-Sapphire-/330446978910?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item4cf02cbf5e

I don't want to go much higher in price than the Winza would cost.
I am looking for something that is PURPLISH or REDDISH pink.
That is how I describe hot pink.

For reference, here is a pic of my Mahenge that I took a quick snap of yesterday.
That is kind of what I am going for here, only in a Sapphire...
Any other suggestions are more than welcome. I am thinking of an Anniversary ring
so I am going to get my DH to purchase the stone (That way, I can spend on the setting :sun: )
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0583.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
it was gempassion who bought the winza and returned it. I think she loved it but wanted BIGGER. It is on my list of "Stones Whose Continued Availability Causes Me and My Checkbook Terrible Anxiety". The ebay one has window, and a shallow crown despite having enough depth to have been better cut.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks VP....
I also had an anxiety attack after I posted this.
I don't think it is ok to link?
So let me delete that link *if I can*
and just say it is the ebay stone entitled
"1.24 ct Certified Unheated Stunning Round Pink Sapphire"

And maybe I will just have to alleviate your anxiety....
Actually I think we shared anxieties, that's why I dreamed up the
idea that my DH could purchase the stone for me !
Why YEAH!!! That should work !!!! :lol:

ooops guess it's too late to edit.....maybe a mod could do it if it needs doing ?

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
hi Shiney

I've never purchased from them, but had a couple of email exchanges that were extremely helpful and friendly...

http://www.djraregems.com/finegems.html

Scroll down to find the sapphires...there one there (#7268) that is screaming hot pink! and, I think it comes under their current 20% discount on this section of stones.

I toyed with this briefly and just happened to be looking at pinks when I read your post. I can't afford it right now though!

Happy hunting!

:))

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pwendyp: Wow, that is a screaming pink Sapphire if I ever saw one! :shock:

That's the color I am going for, but I was hoping to find something in a round stone.....
My Spinel is a 6.6 x 5.2 mm oval, which is similar to the measurements of that Sapphire,
and I am wanting something kind of "the same, but different" :lol:
I am gonna bookmark it anyway !!!

THANKS!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I kinda thought the shape might not be quite what you were looking for, but it's one heck of a colour isn't it?!

:))

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Yes, that's right. I returned Gemrite's Winza because I wanted something bigger and because it shifts from hot pink (incandescent, halogen, sunlight) to peachy amber indoors and on cloudy days. If you think that the shifting won't bother you, then give it a try.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo GemPassion: You know, that just might bother me, for that price.
It's a lot for me to contemplate spending.
My Mahenge shifts around a bit, but it wasn't that pricey
and it tends to shift from hot pink to purple pink to reddish pink,
all of which I LOVE!!!!

Hmmmmm something to think about ....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results