shape
carat
color
clarity

Seriously misleading :(

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Heated by fission

WhoTF would spend that kind of money on television shopping? I wouldnt even buy a snuggy from the tv!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or inspired by nuclear technology :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[Admission: sometimes things that are obvious to others are not to me, so here comes dumb question]

I'm missing something - they said it was heated and then it has had more treatments? Don't get me wrong, I'll be mad along with the rest of you :nono: :nono: :nono: , but can you explain this one to me?

Thanks

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1296933051|2844091 said:
[Admission: sometimes things that are obvious to others are not to me, so here comes dumb question]

I'm missing something - they said it was heated and then it has had more treatments? Don't get me wrong, I'll be mad along with the rest of you :nono: :nono: :nono: , but can you explain this one to me?

Thanks

They just said heated! That's completely misleading. It's like saying a BE diffused sapphire is "heated".

This has been treated with either irradiation or HPHT or some other method to give it that colour. So simply saying heated implies a natural diamond that's been heated by the earth or outside the earth to get that colour. You can see from the colour intensity that that's simply not the case.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that's what I thought, but I couldn't tell - I know nothing about colored diamonds

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1296933481|2844097 said:
Okay, that's what I thought, but I couldn't tell - I know nothing about colored diamonds

No worries - it was a good question. Can you imagine if you're confused (and you frequent these boards) then normal Joe Public wouldn't have a clue of understanding what they were buying. :nono:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1296933655|2844101 said:

No worries - it was a good question. Can you imagine if you're confused (and you frequent these boards) then normal Joe Public wouldn't have a clue of understanding what they were buying. :nono:

And that's why so many people are taken advantage of by jewelers (television, B&M, online, etc. . . ). Gems and diamonds are the one area that people don't feel they need to do any research when buying something expensive. I know I keep saying this, but I'm grateful that boards like PS are opening people's eyes. Unfortunately, there will always be victims of these deceptive practices, and it's rather sad. Even when I started collecting, I was ripped off quite a bit, and I know others as well.

ETA: LD, remember those beryllium diffused sapphires that Jewelry Television was selling for around $18K not too long ago. I posted about it. That's another sickening example of these types of deceptive practices. There is no law about charging whatever you want for a gem. That's why they try to get away with what they get away with.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1296935996|2844145 said:
LovingDiamonds|1296933655|2844101 said:

And that's why so many people are taken advantage of by jewelers (television, B&M, online, etc. . . ). Gems and diamonds are the one area that people don't feel they need to do any research when buying something expensive. I know I keep saying this, but I'm grateful that boards like PS are opening people's eyes. Unfortunately, there will always be victims of these deceptive practices, and it's rather sad. Even when I started collecting, I was ripped off quite a bit, and I know others as well.

ETA: LD, remember those beryllium diffused sapphires that Jewelry Television was selling for around $18K not too long ago. I posted about it. That's another sickening example of these types of deceptive practices. There is no law about charging whatever you want for a gem. That's why they try to get away with what they get away with.

I really do not keep up with pricing on colored diamonds. Can someone please post some links to comparable items to illustrate your point.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why?

Do you think £20,000 for an irradiated diamond sold as natural is right?

The point is not the price it's the manner in which this has been sold.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1296937929|2844184 said:
Why?

Do you think £20,000 for an irradiated diamond sold as natural is right?

The point is not the price it's the manner in which this has been sold.

Was it not a natural diamond? Do you know for a fact it is irradiated? What if it is HPHT? It could also be coated.The post I Quoted seemed it was a ripoff. I am just trying to see if this is the case.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not a naturally coloured diamond. Anybody who knows anything about coloured diamonds can tell by looking at the photo, looking at the size and where it's being sold. Finding that colour saturation in a natural pink diamond is almost unheard of in that carat weight.

Oh and if you look at the link you will clearly see that they have said it's enhanced - however, that is only visible if you have an internet connection AND the enhancement declaration is generic not specific AND their enhancement page is less than clear. The diamond was being mis-sold on the television where there was no disclosure of enhancement other than "heat" during the sale of this ring. That is misleading. It doesn't matter what way you look at it.

What is your definition of "heat" then when buying a diamond?

Eta: The presenter even compared this diamond to JLO's natural pink diamond.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1296939410|2844208 said:
A rip off is something being sold as something that it clearly isn't. I'm sure you have another definition.

This is not a naturally coloured diamond. Anybody who knows anything about coloured diamonds can tell by looking at the photo, looking at the size and where it's being sold. Finding that colour saturation in a natural pink diamond is almost unheard of in that carat weight.

Oh and if you look at the link you will clearly see that they have said it's enhanced - however, that is only visible if you have an internet connection AND the enhancement declaration is generic not specific AND their enhancement page is less than clear. The diamond was being mis-sold on the television where there was no disclosure of enhancement other than "heat" during the sale of this ring. That is misleading. It doesn't matter what way you look at it.

What is your definition of "heat" then when buying a diamond?

Eta: The presenter even compared this diamond to JLO's natural pink diamond.[/quote

As I stated above. I linked to a post that indicated the item is way over priced and I asked for info backing that statement up. What I did not ask for was you to come and try to start an argument.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For comparison, several years ago, GemsTV were selling red/pink irradiated diamonds as follows:-

Carat - £ - shape

1.44 2,999 Round
1.44 2,999 Round
1.23 2,799 Round
1.23 1,999 Round
1.22 2,999 Oval
1.22 2,899 Oval
1.00 2,399 Round

I'm not arguing with you. I'm stating facts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results