Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Eternity Diamonds 'Tessa' halo

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Whiteflash Trellis/X-prong solitaire

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I'll be placing my order on Monday and I'm torn between these 4 settings. My diamond is a .80 carat, round brillant. This is my last reset for the next several years, if not permanently. We've got a list of house projects we're ready to tackle, so no more jewelry fund for me! I love all four for different reasons and really can't decide, but I need to get on with this project! DH has a preference for one of them (which I'll post later). Thanks so much! :wavey:

solitaire-engagement-rings-4161.jpg

Tessa.jpg

Bianca.jpg

Lauren.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Re: Please help decide! Halo, solitaire, or baguettes?

Please ignore the title of my post. No baguette settings, lol. I made a mistake and have messaged the admin to correct it. Thanks! :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please help decide! Halo, solitaire,

I Prefer the first or last halo ring, leaning towards the last one if you were going with a stand alone piece.

You can still change your title if you are within your 45 minutes of editing i think? at least I have done it in the past.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Re: Please help decide! Halo, solitaire,

D&T|1296239364|2835817 said:
I Prefer the first or last halo ring, leaning towards the last one if you were going with a stand alone piece.

You can still change your title if you are within your 45 minutes of editing i think? at least I have done it in the past.

D&T- I tried doing that but didn't see an option...? Thanks!

Also, I would be wearing a wedding, so no stand alone rings. :))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please help decide! Halo, solitaire, or baguettes?

hmmm, odd... on the subject line, can you change or delete in the field? maybe that has changed.

BTW - I wouldn't do a solitaire, just because in the past, I"ve seen your resets, and you may end up with DSS?

ETA: Ok,,, I did vote for the Tessa then :) still think it packs a big punch.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
These days I am leaning more towards simple erings that can get paired up with blingy wedding bands. I find I wear my band alone at times and the blingy ones hold their own when worn separately. The beautiful pave erings are so hard to match with bands.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1296242881|2835869 said:
These days I am leaning more towards simple erings that can get paired up with blingy wedding bands. I find I wear my band alone at times and the blingy ones hold their own when worn separately. The beautiful pave erings are so hard to match with bands.

Thanks swingirl! For right now, I would pair up any of the settings with a plain wedding band. The Tessa and Bianca do have a matching band I could buy, and if I go with one of those, I would probably buy it for my next birthday. But then no more pieces after that for awhile. The Lauren doesn't have a matching but I think it would be fairly easy to find a beautiful diamond band to go with it! If I go with the WF Trellis, I'd wear a plain band with it and probably wouldn't go for a diamond band at all.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Adding profile shots of the halos...

Thanks!

bianca2.jpg

lauren2.jpg

tessa2.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Two more photos- thank you so much!

cantijusthavethemall.jpg

cantijusthavethemall2.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the Tessa because it looks so great on your hand -- love the proportions and the shape. That's my vote if you are comfortable living with a halo day-to-day. As a former halo wearer, they are stunning to look at -- from all angles, which I really like -- but they can be tricky to pair with wedding bands. And they are a bit more difficult to keep clean. They are great for warding off DSS, lol, so if this is your last jewelry project for a while, that's definitely a vote in the halo's favor!

I like the idea of a plain solitaire and blingy eternity band for its versatility, as someone else mentioned. So that would be my second choice, especially if low-maintenance is a better choice for your lifestyle. But if you don't get an eternity band now, will it be possible to get one later? Other things do have a way of cropping up, so would you be okay with a solitaire and plain band for the long-term?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Feb!

I LOVE the Tessa. So pretty!!! That's my choice!!!!! :love: :love:

eta: And as far as wedding bands, I dont think you have to be matchy-matchy. I saw a patient yesterday with a halo ring like the Tessa paired with a bezel set eternity band. It was gorgeous!! So I think you have lots of options!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you posted the side views because that made a difference! I usually vote for plain solitaires, but I voted for the Lauren because I like the profile best and the band is thinner and more dainty looking.

Does anyone here have these rings to know how the quality is? That would be my biggest hesitation.

DianaDiana

Rough_Rock
I like the Lauren the most. The halo shape looks really nice with your hand, and it had the cutest profile, in my opinion -- like a little hamburger

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Lula|1296248088|2835965 said:
I voted for the Tessa because it looks so great on your hand -- love the proportions and the shape. That's my vote if you are comfortable living with a halo day-to-day. As a former halo wearer, they are stunning to look at -- from all angles, which I really like -- but they can be tricky to pair with wedding bands. And they are a bit more difficult to keep clean. They are great for warding off DSS, lol, so if this is your last jewelry project for a while, that's definitely a vote in the halo's favor!

I like the idea of a plain solitaire and blingy eternity band for its versatility, as someone else mentioned. So that would be my second choice, especially if low-maintenance is a better choice for your lifestyle. But if you don't get an eternity band now, will it be possible to get one later? Other things do have a way of cropping up, so would you be okay with a solitaire and plain band for the long-term?

Lula, I big huge puffy heart halos! lol I do agree with you that it's harder to keep clean over a solitaire. I think I would be ok with a solitaire and a plain band long term, but I really want a larger center stone and that's NOT going to happen anytime soon, and the halos would give me that oomph I looking for. DH and I are on agreement that it's time to get the more expensive house projects done. I could see for my birthday getting a diamond band for the halo, just because to me, the halos need a diamond band. I don't need a blinged out diamond band so that wouldn't be too expensive! But for the solitaire, I know I would pair it up with the plain band and be done with it.

The Tessa replica was just gorgeous!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Dani|1296251683|2836044 said:
Hi Feb!

I LOVE the Tessa. So pretty!!! That's my choice!!!!! :love: :love:

eta: And as far as wedding bands, I dont think you have to be matchy-matchy. I saw a patient yesterday with a halo ring like the Tessa paired with a bezel set eternity band. It was gorgeous!! So I think you have lots of options!!!!

Hi Dani!!! Long time no see! If I go with the Bianca or Tessa, I was thinking of a milgrained bezel eternity! There is a matching band but I'm not 100% sure I would go with it.

What's going on with your reset, Missy?!? :devil:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1296252059|2836048 said:
Glad you posted the side views because that made a difference! I usually vote for plain solitaires, but I voted for the Lauren because I like the profile best and the band is thinner and more dainty looking.

Does anyone here have these rings to know how the quality is? That would be my biggest hesitation.

DS06- I didn't want to send the Lauren replica back, lol. It's THAT gorgeous. And it's a comfort fit shank and it was by far, the most comfy halo of the bunch!

Forgot to add- I'm not sure about long term quality. A few PSers have ED halo (cupcake being the most recent) and the posts seems to be all positive. But I don't recall anyone having an ED setting for long term yet. The other factor in my decision is, a platinum halo from Eternity Diamonds with their 10% discount and $30 setting fee, is the same or only slightly more than a plain platinum solitaire from WF. So I'm kind of looking at it as I feel I get so much more bling for my buck but going with Eternity Diamonds. Does that make sense?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren hands down! :appl:

No contest

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey lady!!!! The bezeled eternity sounds PERFECT!! Like I said, I love the Tessa, but the Lauren is very pretty too. You cant go wrong with either setting.

Nothing is going on with my reset right now. The cushion halo thing was/is a pipe dream. I adore it so much, but the truth is is that I really love my EC and cant see parting with it. Now if I could have a second e-ring, you know what I would get in a heartbeat!!!
Since I upgraded my stone last year, its been in a temp WG solitaire setting, which I actually like and can wear for awhile. I still haven't found the setting I want for its permanent (or semi-permanent, he he) home. For now, I will wear my solitaire and be happy. Thanks for asking!!! I'll will definitely keep you all posted, you know that for sure!! :bigsmile:

I cant wait to see what you choose!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the Lauren!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The Lauren is my favorite hands down. It is the one my eye is drawn to for both the front and side shot. I think it adds a little more finger coverage yet still allows the center stone to be the star.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I've chosen the Lauren. :naughty: I'll be pairing it up with a thin plain wedding band for now. I think it will compliment it beautifully. Someday I'll order a diamond band but I'm not in a hurry! Also, I'm not placing my order yet after all. With Yoni being slammed with orders and I don't need it by a certain date, I'll be waiting until the Valentine's rush is over. 8)

I will reorder the Lauren and Tessa replicas one last time when I get closer to ordering, just to make sure the Lauren is 100% it. I'm also waiting to see other customers rings from Eternity Diamonds. I've seen a few posts where people have taken X and Y rings and asked Yoni to combine them, like what cupcake did. Thanks again!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Yay for the Lauren! That's my favorite!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll look forward to seeing it! :appl:

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
well, I voted for the Tessa, because well.....that's what I ordered:).....and hope to have in the next week or so....will post pictures so you can see it...maybe that will help affirm your decision to go with the Lauren....or help you change your mind:)

Lynn

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
rockclimber|1296776107|2842280 said:
well, I voted for the Tessa, because well.....that's what I ordered:).....and hope to have in the next week or so....will post pictures so you can see it...maybe that will help affirm your decision to go with the Lauren....or help you change your mind:)

Lynn

Lynn- I am waiting for your Tessa to arrive! You've made some changes to it, yes? The Tessa is my second choice and by that I mean, by a hair. I adore both the Lauren and the Tessa! I said I wasn't going to buy a diamond band for awhile, but I just won on eBay a .40 tcw, full eternity (in my size woohoo!), bead set, milgrain, diamond band for $200! :love: :cheeky: I am definitely going to reorder the replicas because the Tessa or Bianca may be a better fit than the Lauren with the band. Or I may order the Lauren, and add milgraining to it... :Up_to_something:

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
oooohhh....how exciting....you definitely should reorder the replicas to see which one you like better with your new band....

you're right about me tweaking the Tessa a bit...I'm having the halo made in YG (prongs will be WG as well as the band itself)...I also ordered 2 of the mathcing bands in YG to flank it with (not sure my fingers can handle all that but willing to DIE trying)...

I've been wanting to "remarry" YG and WG for awhile now, and came up with this idea after seeing something similar at a remounting event I attended...we'll see....I honestly don't know if I'll love it or be sending it back....

be sure to post pics when you can of your new bling! Lynn

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
rockclimber|1296778020|2842313 said:
oooohhh....how exciting....you definitely should reorder the replicas to see which one you like better with your new band....

you're right about me tweaking the Tessa a bit...I'm having the halo made in YG (prongs will be WG as well as the band itself)...I also ordered 2 of the mathcing bands in YG to flank it with (not sure my fingers can handle all that but willing to DIE trying)...

I've been wanting to "remarry" YG and WG for awhile now, and came up with this idea after seeing something similar at a remounting event I attended...we'll see....I honestly don't know if I'll love it or be sending it back....

be sure to post pics when you can of your new bling! Lynn

Oh wow!! PLEASE post pictures when you get your bands! I can't wait to see them!

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
I definitely will....and will be counting on all the PS'ers to help me! Lynn

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I like the Lauren best. It looks great face up and has the best looking gallery, IMO. Have fun choosing your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results