shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your I, J, K, L, etc. color emerald cuts!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all,

I have looked through all of the GORGEOUS emerald and asscher cuts on the dedicated thread, but I would love to see some specifically with the "warmer" colors (I, J, K, and beyond). I know that step-cuts hang on to color a bit more, but I think warmer stones have a more vintage look to them. I would love to see some examples!

And those of you with a warmer colored emerald cut, do you notice a difference in brilliance at all? Thanks for reading!!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That ring is gorgeous...still very white. I'm considering a J color to increase in size and wanted to see some examples. Thanks!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi iheartyou132:

My RHR has a 1.5 ct SI1 "M" coloured emerald cut. I purchased this ring prior to joining pricescope so I'm sure it's not a very good cut by PS standards. The stone has a very pretty warmth to it IRL and it still very bright. Although I'm not sure I captured the colour you were looking for, I've attached a few pictures anyway. I hope you don't mind. :tongue: I really wish I had Kenny's ability to take photos. :naughty: :naughty:

lmfec20112.jpg

lmfec20111.jpg

lmfec2011.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's EXACTLY what I was looking for, Farleysmom. Thank you so much! That setting is FABULOUS!!!!! You're very lucky. The M doesn't look nearly as warm as I thought it would. Amazing. Thanks for the response. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't judge diamond color by pics here.
There are zillions of yellow-looking Ds and white-looking Js posted on PS.
There are lots of blue and green looking white diamonds posted here too.

Many people don't match the white balance setting of their cameras for the light source being used, and that throws off the color of the pics.

You need to see diamonds in person to get a feel for the color grades - and get them away from those sparkly jewelry store lights.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Librarychickie I've admired your ring actually and it made me want to go warmer on the color scale for an EC. Just beautiful! I think it's a great way to save money.

Kenny: That's a good point. I've been looking at James Allen diamond photos and I can see some semblance of warmth in their J color stones compared to the "higher" colors but I know it's not the same as in real life. Any suggestions on how to see warmer ECs in person...away from a jewelery store especially! Other than ordering a stone and sending it back.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1296610300|2840105 said:
You can't judge diamond color by pics here.
There are zillions of yellow-looking Ds and white-looking Js posted on PS.
There are lots of blue and green looking white diamonds posted here too.

Many people don't match the white balance setting of their cameras for the light source being used, and that throws off the color of the pics.

You need to see diamonds in person to get a feel for the color grades - and get them away from those sparkly jewelry store lights.

Hey Kenny......any tips you'd care to share with us photo rookies to help us take better pictures would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Your pictures are always amazingly clear with such detail and vivid colour. Also....please keep it simple!!!! :bigsmile: Thanks

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
iheartyou132|1296604758|2839936 said:
Hello all,

I have looked through all of the GORGEOUS emerald and asscher cuts on the dedicated thread, but I would love to see some specifically with the "warmer" colors (I, J, K, and beyond). I know that step-cuts hang on to color a bit more, but I think warmer stones have a more vintage look to them. I would love to see some examples!

And those of you with a warmer colored emerald cut, do you notice a difference in brilliance at all? Thanks for reading!!
I love step cuts and find them to be gorgeous in in warmer colors. I don't have many photos on this computer, but did find this one of my S-T colored EC set E-W with FIY sides. It is a really lovely shade of light yellow and has great crystal, so it has fabulous flashes of color---no issues with brilliance at all.

I love the other rings posted---gorgeous!!!

A fingerfull of DBL.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stepcutnut: WOW that is quite a collection. I love the warmth of that emerald. PS that asscher is gorgeous. Kudos to you!! And thanks for sharing.

Dani: Thank you SO much for posting that. I've admired that ring before...definitely did not know the stone was a J. I appreciate you pointing that out. Emeraldcutlover is very lucky haha.

Thanks guys!! :D

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Acebruin! Thanks!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! hope that helped...

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It most definitely did Acebruin!

Beakoon

Rough_Rock
This is my Emerald cut ring. It's a 1.75 carat VVS2 clarity, with a J color. To me, it looks quite clear and shiny, and I can see all of the nice steps inside. I wouldn't really consider this "warm", but then again, i've never held it up against a D or anything. Keep in mind that I have a size 4 finger and a thin platinum band, so the center stone looks fairly big on my finger. I really like it...I think that round brilliants and princesses get all the hype, but Emerald cuts are so classy yet blingy to me. :)

close.JPG

far.JPG

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a zillion reasons you can't judge diamond color from pics.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Totally here ya Kenny, but I don't think asking for help with diamond color via pics is necessarily always fruitless. It's especially helpful to have the same diamond shot in many different lighting conditions - everything from vendor photos shot in all white or black (which often show the least color) to bathroom lighting (which often seems to show the most color).

Or maybe I just love seeing all the color comparison threads and don't want them to die out after PSers get clued in to the fact that there are many factors that affect their validity :cheeky:

Begrudgingly supporting Kenny's argument ;)) ...here's a lovely K http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/0007/ which shows quite a bit more color than Farleysmom's stunning M. Puts the whole online/picture color debate in perspective a bit :twirl:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Totally forgot about this thread. Beakoon that EC is gorgeous and looks very substantial on your hand. :love:

I ended up getting a K several months ago. Now if only I could figure out how to set it. :rolleyes:

1.JPG

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Not to thread jack, but Beakooon your ring is lovely! What are the dimensions on that baby? It needs its own thread!

Beakoon

Rough_Rock
Thanks y'all! To answer your question...I just sifted through my papers and pulled up the appraisal which states that the dimensions of my EC center stone are: 8.08x6.30x3.88mm. I'm sure that means something to all of you, lol, but to me, it's just a list of numbers, because i'm not very experienced with all of this yet. Here are the two wedding bands that are custom made to fit it. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of them on my hand yet...not until the big day! :)

Whole Ring.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisaelizabeth - Your ring needs its own post ASAP :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisaelizabeth, I love your ring and setting! That is a wow!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very much enjoying this thread, as I hope to own an I or J color EC solitaire....someday! 8)

Beakoon

Rough_Rock
Oh how I love Emerald cuts! I'm glad I was able to add mine to the read above...and Lisaelizabeth...THAT'S what you call a ROCK!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results