shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Pricing

Writerman

Rough_Rock
Trade
I had a question about emerald pricing. I have a 47 carat single crystal, astounding in color, from Crabtree Emerald Mine in Spruce Pine. I polished it down from 53 carats just to clean it up and wrap it in gold wire. It has occulsions of course, but the color knocks you off your feet, and parts are very clear. I was wondering if anyone would have any idea on pricing, since I would like to offer it up for sale. Thanks!

serenitydiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You need to submit it for grading or have it inspected by someone who specializes in emeralds for an accurate price.

--Joshua

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The first thing to do would be to post several high resolution pictures here so that we can all get a shot at doing some armchair grading, or at least ogling it's green magnificence. It would be quite mean of you to post such a nice description and then show no pictures, so let's see 'em.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael_E|1296515788|2838622 said:
The first thing to do would be to post several high resolution pictures here so that we can all get a shot at doing some armchair grading, or at least ogling it's green magnificence. It would be quite mean of you to post such a nice description and then show no pictures, so let's see 'em.

Michael, it's not good to grade an emerald in photos because one must loupe it to see how many surface fractures reach the surface. This is an indication of the treatment level which is very important to judging the value of an emerald. However, I do wish, like you, we could see photos. :naughty:

Writerman

Rough_Rock
Trade
I can post those pics. but I don't seem to see how to do that anywhere. If you know how, would you please advise? Thanks. Tom.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you post a reply, you will see a tab at the bottom for "upload attachment" and then you can attach photo files in jpg format. It's pretty self explanatory after you click "upload attachment."

Writerman

Rough_Rock
Trade
Okay, with no excuses for my photography skills, this crystal is so green in person you just want to bite it like candy. The photos do not do it justice. I know there's inclusions, but there's also some clear spots of pure green. The thing about it is, it's the largest out of matrix crystal that I know of from The Crabtree Mine, and that's where it's value is, you just don't see them this big from there. It's 47 carats without the wrap. I just wanted to know what somebody thought the pricing should be. Thanks! :) T.

Big Guy 002.JPG

Big Guy 004.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results