shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Jerkstore is from waaaay back in the thread, I forget which page and don't have time to hunt. If I remember correctly, one of the posters got pregnant her first month of trying and said she felt like a "jerkstore" about it since other women had been trying for a long time. It was a funny phrase, so it stuck and from that point on, any poster who got pregnant the first month of trying was deemed a "jerkstore".

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, congrats!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG, Lizzy! Congrats to you!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, many congrats!!! :appl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for all of the congrats Skippy, Lauren, NE, Octavia, LC, and Laura! I am still in shock!!! I need to buy more tests so that I can get more positive results before I will truly believe it. After the negative yesterday, I had figured it wasn't going to be my month, but it was too early I guess.

I already called my Dr's office and let them know I will be coming in tomorrow to confirm it and let them know that I need a prescription for progesterone suppositories and an order for a beta HCG. My Dr. and I already had that plan ready once I got pregnant. For me the first 8 weeks bring a lot of excitement and anxiety due to previous issues but I am praying and hoping for the best here!

I need to run to the grocery store. Thanks for all your kindness ladies. Oh and NE, I guess I am a jerkstore! haha :lol: I think that's a Seinfeld quote!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

princessplease|1295888248|2831468 said:
Lizzy, congrats!!!!!!!

Princess, sorry I missed thanking you as well!!!! I am so excited! Thanks for stopping in!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

YAY LIZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited for you! you're so prepared...i love it.
i had a feeling yesterday may have been a little bit too early to test- glad today came back positive!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Lizzy: Congrats, that is fantastic news! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Ok, so AF was due last Thursday and I still haven't started this evening. I took a pregnancy test on Friday and got a negative. DH is dying because he is sure that I am pregnant. I don't know, I took the test late in the afternoon on Friday, but that shouldn't matter if it is after the expected start of AF. Also, I have been feeling all the regular stuff that comes along with AF. It's driving me nuts!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super excited for you!!!! How wonderful to not be wondering and waiting anymore! Fingers crossed for a very sticky bean!!

LC, any news on your MIL? I hope she's doing okay and getting stronger.

Blackberry - FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!! I hope this is it for you!

Ladies who are new to this like me - HI! I hope to get to know you all better over the next several months!! This is such an exciting time!

And to you ladies who have become familiar but are pausing TTC - don't go anywhere! I know I don't post much, but it's so easy to feel camaraderie over these things more quickly than I would in other forums. I've gotten used to having you around =)

As for me... AF is here, but should be packing her bags shortly, which means it's official... I AM TTC!!!!!!

We leave for vacay Saturday morning and will be in the beautiful DR until the 5th of Feb!! I'm not temping/charting (for a few months, at least) but I expect to O on about the 4th, so hopefully a decent amount of romantic beach vacation BDing will be just what the doctor ordered! :naughty:

This is my first "real" relaxing vacation at a resort (we usually play it by ear and run around seeing the sights and stuff, consulting locals on the best places to eat) so I'm looking forward to it for way more than just the TTC =) We're also going with another couple, two of our best friends. I cannot wait! The next four days at work are going to drag!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Congrats LizzyAnn! Sending you a ton of sticky dust.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Do you girls find that while you go through the process of TTC that you are hypersensitive to your body? You notice things you would never notice before? I never used to understand how women could convince themselves that they were pregnant, but now I totally get it and do so almost every month.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Blackberry - YES. And I wasn't even TTC! But since I was dangling my feet in the pool, and definitely DIDN'T want to get pregnant before this unlimited-everything vacation, I almost had myself convinced I was pregnant even though I didn't want to be and probably couldn't be! "Do I feel crampy?" "I am sooooo tired all the time!" "Do I feel nauseous... AGAIN?!"

Hahaha. The one thing I am not excited for is how incredibly neurotic I will definitely be until I am actually pregnant :bigsmile:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Blackberry, that sounds hopeful. Did you have a late O? Maybe you can POAS tomorrow AM, no harm in peeing right? I know what you mean about convincing yourself you're pregnant. I had that in my last two cycles, but I knew rationally I wasn't. I still peed on sticks just in case, but I kept rationally saying to myself, "I'm not because of X, Y, Z reason."

Katy, have fun on your vacation! What a lovely way to kick off the TTC effort. :) Sounds amazing, and I hope the weather stays gorgeous for you.

Not much going on here. CD8. Just hanging out. Last cycle I O'd around CD 31. I'm hoping it won't be so late this time around. DH is out of town next weekend visiting his folks.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies,

Congratulations to all the BFP I had missed in the past weeks :appl: :appl: . And tons of dust to the girls that are in the 2 weeks waiting period. ;-)

I'm supposed to be on a break, but I think I'm back :lol: . I just could not wait any longer :oops:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blackberry16|1295927551|2832197 said:
Do you girls find that while you go through the process of TTC that you are hypersensitive to your body? You notice things you would never notice before? I never used to understand how women could convince themselves that they were pregnant, but now I totally get it and do so almost every month.

OMG YES. I was convinced I was pregnant last month because I felt like I was going to the bathroom all the time. Turns out, I just go to the bathroom all the time. Oops.

Fingers crossed for you!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone for the congrats and the well wishes!

Good luck to all of you TTC! Sticky dust for you!!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

lliang_chi|1295961686|2832478 said:
Blackberry, that sounds hopeful. Did you have a late O? Maybe you can POAS tomorrow AM, no harm in peeing right? I know what you mean about convincing yourself you're pregnant. I had that in my last two cycles, but I knew rationally I wasn't. I still peed on sticks just in case, but I kept rationally saying to myself, "I'm not because of X, Y, Z reason."

Katy, have fun on your vacation! What a lovely way to kick off the TTC effort. :) Sounds amazing, and I hope the weather stays gorgeous for you.

Not much going on here. CD8. Just hanging out. Last cycle I O'd around CD 31. I'm hoping it won't be so late this time around. DH is out of town next weekend visiting his folks.

My O was around day 16 or 17 (it is always a tad later than the dr. would like). I broke down and took a test this afternoon (thinking that by 5 days passed a missed P I could take it any time). It was negative, no surprise there.

Can I just say that I think that pregnancy test should be more polite? Like, instead of flashing "not pregnant" across the screen maybe they could say "no luck this month, but keep your chin up"? Any way, I think I will test again Friday morning if nothing happens between now and then.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations Lizzy!

I'm on CD 15 - just focusing on trying to get as much BD in as possible in the next 10 days. :)

Good luck everyone!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I haven't read this whole thread yet, is there a page explaining all of the abbreviations everyone uses?

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

Blackberry, page 4 has most of them listed.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

LauraLoo|1296006384|2833088 said:
Blackberry, page 4 has most of them listed.

Thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Blackberry Are you charting or did you use OPKs to identify O day? I am wondering if you charted, if you post it, maybe we can see if you ovulated later than you thought? How long is your usualy LP?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Pumpkin, a few of the ladies here had some pretty good results going the BD marathon route. Enjoy yourself :)

Gaby, hello! Glad you're back. Hope your break helped.

My friend had her baby 5.5 weeks early. She just shared pictures and her birth story with us girls. I'm so happy for her. :)

~LC

charbie

Ideal_Rock

PumpkinPie|1296004490|2833062 said:
Congratulations Lizzy!

I'm on CD 15 - just focusing on trying to get as much BD in as possible in the next 10 days. :)

Good luck everyone!

DH and I BD'd from CD9-17, only missing 1 day. I ttypicallyO on CD15. Good luck and have fun!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi said:
My friend had her baby 5.5 weeks early. She just shared pictures and her birth story with us girls. I'm so happy for her. :)

~LC

Wanted to add the the baby was totally healthy just a little jaundice, but no incubator or anything. What a healthy boy! Methinks the due date should've been pushed up a bit. Anyway, really happy for my friend.

Charbie, how are you feeling friend? I poke in the JBP and Preggo thread every now and then. Not that I'm pregnant but I like "checking in" on you ladies.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Im doing well, LC! Excited for more of the ladies I bonded with over here to fall into the TTC pool and get KU! ;-)

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy-Congrats!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm still waiting on AF at CD 42, though since we're not "actively" TTC, I'm not worrying about it too much.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

charbie|1296011538|2833177 said:
PumpkinPie|1296004490|2833062 said:
Congratulations Lizzy!

Good luck everyone!

DH and I BD'd from CD9-17, only missing 1 day. I ttypicallyO on CD15. Good luck and have fun!

I think our plan is every second day from CD11-25 or so. I have no idea if or when I ovulate.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Dreamer_D|1296008483|2833123 said:
Blackberry Are you charting or did you use OPKs to identify O day? I am wondering if you charted, if you post it, maybe we can see if you ovulated later than you thought? How long is your usualy LP?

By charting do you mean BBT? If so then yes. I have been faithfully doing so for the past seven months. However, my temperature never increases enough to tell anything. My MD says that some women just don't have enough of a temp change to track. He says that doesn't mean anything bad, just that we can't use that as a tool.

I have found OPKs fairly reliable and so that is what I use. My LP is usually between 12-13 days. According to the OPK I ovulated between CD15 and 16 this past month.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of sticky bean dust your way :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results