shape
carat
color
clarity

$1000 to spend

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
If you had $1000 to spend on a piece of jewelry, what would you get?

My anniversary is 4 months away. I have not talked to my husband about a specific piece or budget (but I am assuming it is around $1000 AND the past 2 years I have picked my own present). I already have 2 RHRs, so I don't think I want another one. Unless it is amazing :love: I don't have any "real" jewelry except for my rings. I prefer diamonds to gemstones. I have found beautiful gemstone rings that I like, but since I don't love them, I would not pay $1000 for them.

I have looked at ID Jewelry Pre-Set Round earrings. The .90 is $795 and the 1.00 is $950 (J-K SI). I am not convinced that I would love diamond studs. I always wear a pair of CZ in my ears. I am not sure if I or anyone could tell the difference, since no one will get THAT close to my ears. I am not sure if it is worth the money to me. I think I would rather get something that I don't have anything similar to it (cz or not).

I am not as concerned with color/clarity for earrings, necklaces, bracelets. Especially if they are made up of small diamonds, I cannot tell the difference between VVS and SI if I can barely see the diamond.

I have also looked at this bangle from WF. I don't know how I feel about it, as I have NO idea how small the diamonds would look IRL on a wrist. I would rather have more ct wt than have "Color: F-G, Clarity: VS", but they do not offer a different carat/cut/clarity combo.
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-bracelets/shared-prong-diamond-bangle-705.htm

Any suggestions?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that bracelet is beautiful! I don't think I'd wear it much, though, because a very thin bangle bracelet would be somehwat delicate. How about a diamonds-by-the-yard necklace? That is something you could wear all the time.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the idea of the necklace. The bracelet is pretty, but as diamondseeker said, it looks delicate and I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it a lot....can't wait to see what you get!

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
It is very pretty - looks delicate.

I like the necklace idea or how about a watch?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
If I had 1K to spend right now I know what I would pick! A bezel diamond pendant from BGD!!! Preferably the Barbara or the half bezel. It'd be a .20-.30 carat stone I think that would work in that price range. Depends on the setting. This is actualy my dream wedding gift and I've hinted to my fiance about it. Although. . . that DBTY necklace is pretty nice. Does anyone know what the millimeter is on those individual stones?

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all of your suggestions! I admit I did not know what a "diamonds by the yard" necklace was. I looked at it and I am not sure if it is my style. I guess I like pendants on a necklace, more so than in the necklace ? If that makes sense ;))

Geckodani, that pendant is very nice, but it is probably too much $.

Divarose, I have a watch. I forgot to mention having one. It is only a Fossil, but my style changes frequently in watches for some reason.
http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/women/watches/boyfriend_watches/riley_multifunction_pink_dial_boyfriend_watch-es2251p.html?departmentCategoryId=30000&N=0&Va=254&Ns=p_wsc0|0||p_weight|0&rec=3&pn=c&imagePath=ES2251

Tyty333 I would like a diamond pendant! That diamond is no longer available, but I like the idea. .45 sounds like a good size. I can look around for some other options :)
Hoofbeats, I don't know if a .20-.30 would be too small? I guess I would have to look at one ON a person.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
There are a lot of pics around here of the bezel pendants. I'm not sure what is too small. My consultant at BGD said .2-.3 is a nice size for them. I just want a bit of sparkle right at the base of my neck! :) But it's all about how subtle you want to be . . . or not. :) lol. Personally I want a BGD Sig round. I'm a quality chick - and that range is in the budget, maybe (!). Just a suggestion. :)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! I have the 1.5ctw bangle from BGD and it has a nice presence on my wrist! I really like it and wear it daily. I like that it isn't fragile as my son pulls at it all the time! That's why I didn't want to get a tennis bracelet, I was afraid my little guy would pull it right off of my wrist!!! Here is the link to my thread. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-1-5ctw-bangle-has-arrived.143515/

I also really like the pendant idea!!! I tend to go for rings and bracelets though because I like to be able to look at my pretties all day which I can't do with earrings and pendants!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
lizzyann01|1296006988|2833096 said:
Hi there! I have the 1.5ctw bangle from BGD and it has a nice presence on my wrist! I really like it and wear it daily. I like that it isn't fragile as my son pulls at it all the time! That's why I didn't want to get a tennis bracelet, I was afraid my little guy would pull it right off of my wrist!!! Here is the link to my thread. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-1-5ctw-bangle-has-arrived.143515/

I also really like the pendant idea!!! I tend to go for rings and bracelets though because I like to be able to look at my pretties all day which I can't do with earrings and pendants!!

Does that bangle flip upside down at all?

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Hoofbeats, I am not saying it is too small. I am almost 6 feet tall, with broadish shoulders, so I might be too big for it, rather than it too small for me? LOL
Wow Lizzyann! That looks a lot "blingier" than 1.5. I am impressed.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
We are twins! lol. 5' 10.5" with broad shoulders! :) ha ha. I love the sparkle at the neck though. Let us know what you decide! :)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
hoofbeats95|1296007555|2833105 said:
lizzyann01|1296006988|2833096 said:

Does that bangle flip upside down at all?

In the whole 8 months I've had it, it has flipped maybe once or twice. I like the fact that you can engrave on the inside too!

SilverFire

Rough_Rock

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Personally for me I would do a DBTY necklace. I have a necklace and bracelet from BGD and I love them!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
SilverFire|1296013780|2833213 said:
tyty333|1295966904|2832551 said:
I also think a diamond pendant would be nice.

Here is an .45 I SI2 (check to make sure it is eye-clean enough for you) for $650. Plenty left for setting and chain.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1353036.asp

If you don't mind a little bit of warmth a J will make it cheaper allowing for a larger size or better clarity. ;-)

I second this. I put a J in a bezel, and with the sides being blocked off by metal, you can't see the warmth. People also don't look at pendants up closely like they do rings. My ACA 0.5 J/SI1 in a 14k WG bezel pendant from WF was about $1250.

ETA: I like the DBTY necklace as well!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Repeat, sorry.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Texaskj, I love the second pair you posted - the princess channel pair! I really do. I would have no problem buying from Costco. In fact one of my RHRs is from Sam's Club which is close enough to a Coscto lol and I love it :love:

Silverfire, I probably would not mind a J. While I was getting a ring resized at a local jewelers, I did look at some of their loose diamonds and saw a round I that looked very yellow. My solitaire is an H, and is VERY white. I am sure the stone was just poorly cut AND "I" was incorrect as it was not even a graded diamond eek. I have not seen a J in person, but I trust Pricescopers who say, if it is well enough cut that it should not be a problem. Assuming it was for earrings/necklace not a ring (which probably won't be a factor, since I am not in the market for a ring) that would be viewed at a closer distance.

jstarfireb, I think I would prefer prong set to bezel set. Do you think it would be that much more visible with prongs vs bezel?

And Gypsy, I love pear diamonds! Actually, now that I think about it a pear might more interesting to me than a round diamond for a pendant. I NEVER see pears where I live. Plus, I have a round already, so it would be variety. I don't know what a hidden bail is :confused: I tried googling it, but didn't get an answer.

Thanks everyone for your responses. It is very helpful :)

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Ah, I see. Thanks. I do prefer the hidden bail.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results