shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun dilemma...join in.

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
So, I am busy fantasizing. In my fantasy, it has come down to 2 necklaces from Kojima and I cannot decide between them. Can you help?

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/tahitian-leopard-keshi-rope

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/endless-japan-kasumi-necklace (is this exceptionally inexpensive for what it is or am I misled?)

What would you choose, and why? What is more wearable? What would you wear it with? I know I would pair that Kasumi necklace with neutral colours (love the idea of it with a slouchy khaki cashmere sweater I have) and understated/minimalist clothes - that thing would be WAAAY OTT paired with other girly colours/styling.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i'm loving the tahitian pair, very versatile. the second ones look too ... sweet.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I personally love the Kasumi necklace, because of the rarity of the pearls. I prefer my Kasumi looking a little more wabi-sabi myself, with ripples and swirls, though.

My fantasy is her $9K strand of Kasumi :http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/stunning-japan-kasumi-strand I just go to her site periodically to drool on that one. :cheeky: :cheeky:

Though it's my understanding that keshi are quite rare too. . . and it would go with a lot of colors. . .

Don't you love fantasizing about this stuff? I do it too!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The Kasumi necklace is just $36/pearl, which is a very good price for those pearls. I like pink pearls with my coloring, and they go with colors that I wear a lot in winter...namely browns, dark greens, and dark reds. Pink pearls really pop against these clothes. I find my Tahitians do not look all that interesting in artifical lighting, but these spotted ones might be an exception. Still, I'd go with the Kasumi necklace.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Depends on your style I think. I would choose the Kasumi necklace.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd one....and i don't like pinks. i like the color variation and think it would go with more things....dressy or not dressy as well.

MoZo

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
I'm surprised - for some reason I expected a fairly large segment to come down strongly on the side of the Tahitian keshis. I have loved that piece for months now, and the Kasumi necklace only just caught my eye but there's something about it. Something mysterious, because I am not generally one to wear pastels/easter colours. The keshi rope is the Elizabeth Taylor to the Kasumi's Doris Day. Both very alluring, but for completely different reasons.

Did I get those references right? :D

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose the Tahitian keshis. They are exquisite. Love the shapes. I am not a pastel pearl lover. I have several strands of the pastel multi metallic and never reach for them because I feel the pearls are bland, pale and blend into an overall color of peach/pink tones. I have seen a darker rose pink bumpy pearl Kasumi and with out the bumps on the Kausmi strand that is what would gives it character. If they are smoother then it is with out what is prized for this type of pearls.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1295767396|2830337 said:
I would choose the Tahitian keshis. They are exquisite. Love the shapes. I am not a pastel pearl lover. I have several strands of the pastel multi metallic and never reach for them because I feel the pearls are bland, pale and blend into an overall color of peach/pink tones. I have seen a darker rose pink bumpy pearl Kasumi and with out the bumps on the Kausmi strand that is what would gives it character. If they are smoother then it is with out what is prized for this type of pearls.

No wonder you said we are pearl sisters. I would choose the Tahitian keshi strand. I prefer my Tahitian pearls over pastel FW strands. Not a fan of those really wrinkly Kasumi, or druzy/popcorn pearls. I love smooth Kasumis though.

Moto

Rough_Rock
ENDLESS JAPAN KASUMI NECKLACE because it looks more classic to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results