color
clarity

Feedback on Whiteflash you may be interested in

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
risingsun|1295929215|2832218 said:
diamondseeker2006|1295923426|2832148 said:
Did all of you see the FB posts? Those of us who did were pretty much in agreement with Tim that it was in very poor judgment and not a good business move regardless of Tim's situation. I do think he had every right to mention the sales associate. This is what the forum is for..to give feedback on our experiences with vendors, good and bad. The thing is, only a few people at WF were the cause of the problem. Allison addressed it as well as she possibly could and Mr. Eber replied late on a Saturday night to try and resolve the situation. It seems like when I was on the WF FB page I saw a blog that said Debi Wexler is out of the country, so that may be why she hasn't been involved. WF needs to talk to employees about building good business relationships with customers, and the WF FB page definitely needs some oversight. And I think we are the ones dragging this out because Tim isn't the one who is keeping this going!

(And Tim, I do find it rather interesting that 2 people's first posts just happened to be on this thread.)

I always respect your opinions, diamondseeker. I didn't see the posts on the WF FB site. I do believe that the OP has been getting a secondary gain from his comments in this thread. I continue to believe this. There is something in Tim's comments that do not sit well with me and I decided to speak to this.

Hi, Marian, thank you and I certainly feel the same about you! But Tim did try to do this the right way by emailing them on Friday and he was basically ignored. I think that is why he ended up posting it here. He was insulted that no one there on Friday really cared to do anything about it. It would have been simple to say that it was a total coincidence and that they certainly did not want to insult any customer's method of proposing and promptly take down the posts. But they sat there another whole day and evening until there were enough posts here that someone was alerted that they had a problem.

I agree that the initial issue wasn't that big of a deal and they really had the opportunity to express their sincere regrets and remove the posts asap on Friday. All of this thread is a result of 2 bits of poor judgment...first, the FB posts were inappropriate for a business that sells diamonds daily to men proposing (especially since one of the sales people responding "epic fail" to a fb proposal knew she had a customer proposing that way that very weekend), and second, once someone called them on it, they should have quickly responded. In fact, once Allison found out she did the right thing and quickly responded and so did Mr. Eber. I was pretty amazed that he was called and told of the issue on a Sat. night and actually emailed Tim. They understood a mistake had been made and addressed it. But it never would have made it to PS if they had just taken care of it the minute they knew there was a customer upset about it.

I really think these diamond companies just need to hire some of us. We have passion for the products and sincerely enjoy helping people find the best possible diamonds and jewelry they can. And I think we care about the people we help over a period of time. Those are the kinds of sales people we'd like to have, I think.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker and Diva, thank you very much for your comments. You guys were here at the events unfolded and understand how things progressed more than people that don't even bother to read all the threads. I know I said I was done posting and I am on this topic but wanted to thank you as I wasn't sure how all the sudden I was becoming the bad guy.

I just have to comment on the "something to gain" comments, what does that even mean? I spent over 17k on a GORGEOUS wedding set but could have bought equally beautiful pieces for the same price or less from multiple vendors. I gained a beautiful piece of jewelry but paid for it. I spent about 2-3 weeks SCRUTINIZING diamond pairs for my fiancees first set of studs for her birthday and a diamond pendant for valentines day that I canceled as a knee jerk response to my frustration, so there I haven't gained anything but yet have lost my weeks of research and lost out on a great set of earrings. I shared my experience but never hesitated to say how great WF was for 2 months and how great the piece is. WF was actually very thankful for the feedback. So what is my gain? I am at a loss trying to answer that but hey, I do see gain and the gain is re-starting the earring search and having something to occupy my time in the last 5 weeks and also, I gained a lot of feedback myself that I really appreciate and more so, gained A LOT of support during a frustrating time. But I think that would make me no different from any poster in this forum, come for support in making big purchases, share elation with pictures of lifetime memories, and share the goods and bads and receive support through both as we all pursue our love for jewelry. That I did gain, I guess I am guilty as charged.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
risingsun|1295921401|2832123 said:
I don't mind that two posters joined PS to comment on your thread and I believe that they did join for this purpose. They had something valid to say and it also triggered some long time posters to become involved in this discussion. I hope you will consider what thing2of2, gemgirl, monarch and I have had to say regarding your reaction to this incident. This thread involved more than just posting the facts of the situation. It was, IMO, an effort to punish WF and the two named employees in a public way. I think we have all agreed that WF could have done better, but so could you. You and your fiancee will be facing far more difficult challenges in your future. If they are resolved as quickly as this one, you will be a fortunate man.

I couldn't have said it better myself RS.

Tim- while I'm sorry WF posted that topic on FB they have apologized and it is obvious it was not done maliciously to you. I guess my issue is why post on PS that you welcome all feeback, comments etc then act rudely to the members who think you are acting a little whiney and are not defending you? As Gypsy mentioned early I'm sure months or years from now you will look back at this entire situation and laugh about it. So either give WF your business or don't.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1295936627|2832316 said:
I don't mind that two posters joined PS to comment on your thread and I believe that they did join for this purpose. They had something valid to say and it also triggered some long time posters to become involved in this discussion. I hope you will consider what thing2of2, gemgirl, monarch and I have had to say regarding your reaction to this incident. This thread involved more than just posting the facts of the situation. It was, IMO, an effort to punish WF and the two named employees in a public way. I think we have all agreed that WF could have done better, but so could you. You and your fiancee will be facing far more difficult challenges in your future. If they are resolved as quickly as this one, you will be a fortunate man.

Tim- while I'm sorry WF posted that topic on FB they have apologized and it is obvious it was not done maliciously to you. I guess my issue is why post on PS that you welcome all feeback, comments etc then act rudely to the members who think you are acting a little whiney and are not defending you? As Gypsy mentioned early I'm sure months or years from now you will look back at this entire situation and laugh about it. So either give WF your business or don't.

This, in part, is what I meant by a secondary gain. For example, you have a forum in which to express how poorly you were treated, receive a great deal of sympathy and support, and feel you have the right to be rude in your responses to those who disagree with you. These are secondary gains. I realize that I am among the minority who are hold this type of opinion, but it has a right to be expressed.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Did all of you see the FB posts? Those of us who did were pretty much in agreement with Tim that it was in very poor judgment and not a good business move regardless of Tim's situation. I do think he had every right to mention the sales associate. This is what the forum is for..to give feedback on our experiences with vendors, good and bad. The thing is, only a few people at WF were the cause of the problem. Allison addressed it as well as she possibly could and Mr. Eber replied late on a Saturday night to try and resolve the situation. It seems like when I was on the WF FB page I saw a blog that said Debi Wexler is out of the country, so that may be why she hasn't been involved. WF needs to talk to employees about building good business relationships with customers, and the WF FB page definitely needs some oversight. And I think we are the ones dragging this out because Tim isn't the one who is keeping this going!

(And Tim, I do find it rather interesting that 2 people's first posts just happened to be on this thread.)

This is my first post in quite some time...I was here a few years back when i was purchasing and came back as we are going to be purchasing again. I have to agree with Diamondseeker...I actually saw the post that day...WF was just added to my fb and when I saw that post I was thinking REALLY...plenty of people that are far apart have to be creative in how they propose. My cousin proposed to his gf over fb when he was in afghanastan...it may not be the norm but sometimes those outlets are all people have in the way of communication. I agree with diamondseeker...in poor taste and not good for business. I for one won't be taking my business there.
Congrats Tim...thanks for serving our country and best wishes on your upcoming marriage!

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
risingsun|1295937232|2832321 said:
Sarahbear621|1295936627|2832316 said:

This, in part, is what I meant by a secondary gain. For example, you have a forum in which to express how poorly you were treated, receive a great deal of sympathy and support, and feel you have the right to be rude in your responses to those who disagree with you. These are secondary gains. I realize that I am among the minority who are hold this type of opinion, but it has a right to be expressed.

When 'secondary gain' was referred - I was thinking something else actually. :)
Thanks for clarifying what you mean.

Everyone has a right to express themselves here. That's fine - I think the issue becomes when people are being rude as you pointed out. However I have to disagree with you about TIm being rude. I haven't read anything here except for his response to Richard Ross considered rude.

And no offense to Richard Ross but telling someone hurting to 'suck it up'? I personally feel this is rude considering the situation Tim is currently in. If you feel he is over reacting - that's fine - we're all entitled to our opinions. However there are far more constructive methods to express this. As evident by other PSers' comments prior and after Richard's post.

Perhaps Richard didn't mean to be offending but if I was in Tim's position - I would be offended. It is also very clear from Richard's post he did not read or comprehend all of Tim's posts here. Because Tim did clearly state the process of communication between WF and him. If you're going to pass judgement on someone's situation or behaviour - at least have the decency to read all the posts first.

Additionally - the statement ALL PS vendors here have great service? Seriously?
Come on now - we've seen numerous posts here where that was not the case so let's not exaggerate and generalise.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small|1295940889|2832344 said:

This is my first post in quite some time...I was here a few years back when i was purchasing and came back as we are going to be purchasing again. I have to agree with Diamondseeker...I actually saw the post that day...WF was just added to my fb and when I saw that post I was thinking REALLY...plenty of people that are far apart have to be creative in how they propose. My cousin proposed to his gf over fb when he was in afghanastan...it may not be the norm but sometimes those outlets are all people have in the way of communication. I agree with diamondseeker...in poor taste and not good for business. I for one won't be taking my business there.
Congrats Tim...thanks for serving our country and best wishes on your upcoming marriage!

Off topic:

Hey Small!!! :wavey: I remember you! I took a little break, too, because we bought a new house, moved, and had a daughter get married last year. So I recently returned to my hobby as well! Hope you'll be starting a thread soon! :appl: :appl: :appl:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I don't really see how/when TimMD was being rude. I see a slight, slight tinge of rudeness in the response to Richard, but Richard was not so polite himself. Who else was he rude to? I am not really sure what he is gaining by posting here. He did gain support and he benefited by wf deleting their post. I thought that on Ps (unlike some forums I've visited- like the knot eek :( ) members welcome feedback. I think that the OP is upset and not satisfied with WF, but why does that make him "vindictive?" Even if he was feeling like he wanted revenge ( however you truly get revenge on a large, generally well-liked company by posting an HONEST review :confused: ) as long as he was 100% truthful, open etc. who cares what the motives are?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't going to post on this thread again, but I have to respond. I don't think Tim was trying to "gain" anything from his posts. He hasn't been rude to anyone other than Richard. And I agree Richard's post could have been worded more politely. You can disagree with someone without being rude. Tim's feeling were hurt. I've been dealing with a customer service rep from a company for almost a year now!!! It's taken me that long to commit to something. If I saw a post on FB like Tim did, I'd be HURT! You build a relationship with a person whether you think you do or not. And maybe it's not "real" friendship, but that representative is the face of the company. That's the face that you have to deal with. I honestly have no issues with naming names. Why not? The posts on FB were public, so why not call that person out? When I was looking for my wedding dress I read reviews online of a bridal store - one salesperson got GLOWING results, others did not. How is this any different? I sometimes feel that PS is full of rave reviews, but few negative reviews. When you admit that vendors aren't perfect, I agree with you. But sometimes on PS it seems like everything is all rosy and perfect. So I like to see "real life" reviews that aren't 100% perfect. Tim is happy with his ring. He canceled the other orders cause his feelings were hurt. I would have probably reacted the same way. He is sharing what happened and I think it's honest, heartfelt and *real*.

The last thing I have to add: I think it's really unfair to comment on any style of proposal. Everyone and every COUPLE is different. Different things work for different people. IMO the only kind of proposal that is an "epic fail" is one where the person does not say yes. :-o

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
OMG I'm so sick of this post. Yes Tim is hurt...WE KNOW. Yes WF's FB post was unfortunate (but I believe unintentional.) WE KNOW...YES many of you think that WF messed up big time...WE KNOW. YES..Tim told his salesperson for months how he will propose (he's in the service abroad) WE KNOW. YES many of you say you won't give them your business all from one person's story without the other side of the story...WE KNOW.

The fact is we're hearing one side of the story and judging an entire company and staff (who probably never had any sort of communication with Tim) all from Tim's story. Is he making up his hurt feelings? NO! Do we know what he's been saying to WF via email or phone? NO. We are not privy to their communications. I come from the school of getting both sides of the story but since this is a forum where you usually get one side, I won't condemn ppl or a company the way that many of you have. It seems like it's grown into a mob mentality here...Tim said this..ok it's gospel now let's roll with it.

The way many ppl on here are reacting, you'd think WF sold Tim a stone and then played switch-a-roo with it..or something horrible with the purchase. It didn't (and I know Tim said it didn't). My point is coincidences happen, this one hurt Tim's feelings, he received an apology and a refund for his appraisel. What more does he or many of you want? Something written in blood stating we're a bad bad company and we will name our next born after you? Come on

Yes I may be in the minority but can this post just stop? Stop beating a dead horse. You either agree or disagree. Can we just all agree to disagree? or Agree to agree? I mean how long will you drag this out? It's like a friend I know who won't let you forget that you forgot her birthday 10 yrs ago. Enough is enough.

Nuff said :naughty: Now I will revert back to my nice Annette (I'm a Gemini) and send sarcastic Annette back for a nap :bigsmile:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
atroop711|1295966475|2832541 said:
OMG I'm so sick of this post. Yes Tim is hurt...WE KNOW. Yes WF's FB post was unfortunate (but I believe unintentional.) WE KNOW...YES many of you think that WF messed up big time...WE KNOW. YES..Tim told his salesperson for months how he will propose (he's in the service abroad) WE KNOW. YES many of you say you won't give them your business all from one person's story without the other side of the story...WE KNOW.

The fact is we're hearing one side of the story and judging an entire company and staff (who probably never had any sort of communication with Tim) all from Tim's story. Is he making up his hurt feelings? NO! Do we know what he's been saying to WF via email or phone? NO. We are not privy to their communications. I come from the school of getting both sides of the story but since this is a forum where you usually get one side, I won't condemn ppl or a company the way that many of you have. It seems like it's grown into a mob mentality here...Tim said this..ok it's gospel now let's roll with it.

The way many ppl on here are reacting, you'd think WF sold Tim a stone and then played switch-a-roo with it..or something horrible with the purchase. It didn't (and I know Tim said it didn't). My point is coincidences happen, this one hurt Tim's feelings, he received an apology and a refund for his appraisel. What more does he or many of you want? Something written in blood stating we're a bad bad company and we will name our next born after you? Come on

Yes I may be in the minority but can this post just stop? Stop beating a dead horse. You either agree or disagree. Can we just all agree to disagree? or Agree to agree? I mean how long will you drag this out? It's like a friend I know who won't let you forget that you forgot her birthday 10 yrs ago. Enough is enough.

Nuff said :naughty: Now I will revert back to my nice Annette (I'm a Gemini) and send sarcastic Annette back for a nap :bigsmile:

Lol - your last comment made me laugh - let's hope I get nice Annette not the sarcastic one. :)
If you are sick of this - I'd suggest you send sarcastic Annette to a long nap and ignore this thread.

I don't think the PSers supporting Tim want anything but express their feelings and support for him. Just like the minority who are expressing their feelings like yourself. Isn't this what PS is about?

I agree with you though - let's all agree to disagree.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
diva rose|1295968840|2832576 said:
atroop711|1295966475|2832541 said:

Lol - your last comment made me laugh - let's hope I get nice Annette not the sarcastic one. :)
If you are sick of this - I'd suggest you send sarcastic Annette to a long nap and ignore this thread.

I don't think the PSers supporting Tim want anything but express their feelings and support for him. Just like the minority who are expressing their feelings like yourself. Isn't this what PS is about?

I agree with you though - let's all agree to disagree.

Hey DR

I'm all for expressing opinions and yes that's what it's all about BUT it's the same thing being said, stated, repeated over and over and over again. Like I said we have one side of the story and that's all that we've got to go on. If there are new revelations, I'd love to hear them but the horse is dead, the mouse is squooshed, that roach has been splattered 3 pages ago. That's one of my issues with this post...the constant beating of the same old-same old. Been said, been heard unless there's something new to the mix, let is rest in peace

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Can we not use horse analogies? ;( ;( ;(

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
hoofbeats95|1295971322|2832614 said:
Can we not use horse analogies? ;( ;( ;(

:lol: Maybe we should just stick to the roach one? I do hate them.

I do agree - it is probably best to stop now.

thisisjohnny

Rough_Rock
This thread shall never die... until an Admin locks it down.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Well I guess all of this debating back and forth is FINALLY over YIPPEE :appl: Seems like TimMD isn't upset with the WF FB page any longer. He posted pics of the his ring on their FB page! Good...now let's get back to the regularly scheduled question asking! :wavey:

angelintraining

Rough_Rock
**Deleted by moderator. PS members creating new screen names without prior approval of the PS admin, and particularly for posting rude comments, will not be tolerated.

Please consider this the one and only warning we will give on this matter**

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
angelintraining|1296169423|2835087 said:

His fiancee posted that, not Tim. He may not even have knowledge that she made that post.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb03Bride|1296170077|2835099 said:
Deleted by moderator

His fiancee posted that, not Tim. He may not even have knowledge that she made that post.

Yes, and in any case I am sure we all agree that freedom of speech is important. She has every right to post her experience with Whiteflash and it is to the benefit of all when they are deciding what company to work with to see the good and the bad.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Yes that review was clearly written by his fiancé - not him. And who really cares anyways.. I wasn't going to comment further on this situation/thread but I just had to point out (the irony) that your post comes across a teensy bit vindictive as well (aimed towards hurting the OPs reputation here on PS, insulting his "maturity", "sense" whatever) IMO.

Of course you are free to express your opinions- as is the OP and everyone else.

Signing out of this "dead cockroach" thread now :rolleyes:

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Feb03Bride|1296170077|2835099 said:
Deleted by moderator

Oh come on do you really believe that? ME THINK he posted it pretending to be his fiance and even if she did..I find it hard to feel for him when he was posting pics of her ring on WF FB page(yesterday), asking (just yesterday) about a pendant that WF sells. I don't know about you but if I'm that upset with a company, I would cut all ties to them and not post on their page nor look into buying more from them. Seems a little CYBILL to me. One Tim is irate with the company and the other Tim wants to do more shopping. I'm over their complaining. I'm sure there so much more to this story that he hasn't told us..in fact he did say there was more to it that he didn't post.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Deleted.

diamond_seeker

Rough_Rock
It seems like all of this could have been avoided if Whiteflash would have just taken down the FB post originally...and not after it turned into this big public relations disaster on Pricescope? Seems like they were not too concerned about it until this thread was started??

And not calling any names...but...don't understand why some of you act like it's your mission to discount and discredit Tim's idea of what happened...even as you admit that you truly don't even know the details of what actually DID happen? You have now repeatedly stated your feelings on this subject...and at this point, are simply being a pest. If there's a discrepancy in what Tim has said and what actually happened.... then let a Whiteflash rep (who actually has some knowledge of the situation) refute it.

Furthermore, and most disturbing to me, I find all of these "new people" that seem to keep signing up to leaving ONE negative post about TIm to be complete joke. Until now, I would have given Whiteflash the benefit of the doubt...and a fair chance at my business in the future. But now....very slim chance i will work with them again.

And finally, as a past customer of both companies, I will go on record that I would choose BGD over Whiteflash any day of the week.

Regards,

D_S

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamond_seeker|1296177367|2835231 said:
Furthermore, and most disturbing to me, I find all of these "new people" that seem to keep signing up to leaving ONE negative post about TIm to be complete joke.

Regards,

D_S

Huge ditto. I can't help but wonder who these people are...WF reps? Angelintraining, Richard_Ross, raider80, thisisjohnny...
I really hope not but no way to know for sure.

Edit- Just looked through this thread and Tim hasn't posted on this thread since Jan 25th so why do the "new" people keep posting complaining about this thread?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I have been watching this thread and I have participated some. . .

I've been on PS for just over 2 years. I have done biz with WF. I think there is more than TIm has told us. He has stated such and I vocalized my concern over this and didn't get an answer.

However, I do think Tim has a right to share his experience and be HONEST about it. I mean as a consumer I want to read good and bad. Sometimes I feel like on PS when someone has a negative experience that everyone jumps to defend the vendor - one that they hold dear to their hearts. They have every right to do so. But at the same time mistakes happen, bad things happen and I for one would like to hear those as well. Ironically I was talking tonight about how it's human nature to complain. Often times when you read reviews you read negatives first because lot of people don't take the time to post the positive. We are quick to complain and slow to compliment. That is slowly changing. There are sites full of positive and negative reviews. For example I use Trip Advisor quite a bit because I like to read positive and negative. I feel PS is often weighted more in the positive. It takes guts to post a negative review on here in my opinion. However, running all over the internet posting bad reviews for WF. . . I just don't know. . . is that really necessary? My degree is in math . . . something just doesn't add up here. This story isn't going to make me say I will never do biz with WF again . . . it's doing that for some people, or they are posting as such. But the fact that Tim has admitted that there are things we don't know. . . the people that are joining just to post on this thread. . . Tim's post on WF's FB. . . this new negative review. . .

The thing is - if the fiance is really upset they were still within the time frame of return right?? Once she got the ring and was told the whole story. . .were they still in the return time frame? Or can custom not be returned? Cause if it's so tainted, if he was so upset, if this memory will stay forever. . .why didn't they just return it? Things just don't add up. And now I'm going to shut up cause I don't like being this vocal and posting on controversial threads.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1296177859|2835236 said:
diamond_seeker|1296177367|2835231 said:
Furthermore, and most disturbing to me, I find all of these "new people" that seem to keep signing up to leaving ONE negative post about TIm to be complete joke.

Regards,

D_S

Huge ditto. I can't help but wonder who these people are...WF reps? Angelintraining, Richard_Ross, raider80, thisisjohnny...
I really hope not but no way to know for sure.

Edit- Just looked through this thread and Tim hasn't posted on this thread since Jan 25th so why do the "new" people keep posting complaining about this thread?

Really. They would have done WF a much bigger favor to let the thread die (which some of us sincerely tried to do).

marls

Rough_Rock
Angelintraining

WOW! I would not say that Tim was being vindictive or seeking revenge. Comments like that do not sound within the PriceScope guidelines. Reading what Annette said on the above link is quite unbelievable. THAT(and what Angelintraining)wrote, had more of a vindictive flavor IMHO.
After reading this, I have removed WF from my list of vendors as a choice for my new engagement ring. In today's tough economic environment, customer service that exceeds my expectations is desired.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
PS members creating new screen names without prior approval of the PS admin, and particularly for posting rude comments, will not be tolerated.

Please consider this the one and only warning we will give on this matter.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Re: Angelintraining

marls|1296188510|2835412 said:

WOW! I would not say that Tim was being vindictive or seeking revenge. Comments like that do not sound within the PriceScope guidelines. Reading what Annette said on the above link is quite unbelievable. THAT(and what Angelintraining)wrote, had more of a vindictive flavor IMHO.
After reading this, I have removed WF from my list of vendors as a choice for my new engagement ring. In today's tough economic environment, customer service that exceeds my expectations is desired.

What I've ever said on this thread is not vindictive. I call it like I see it and I usually stay quiet but this story got muddy. If you consider what I've said unbelievable or vindictive, that's your opinion. What I wrote at any time on this board is just my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results