shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

janiced163

Rough_Rock
I am new to the site but I wanted to share my most recent purchase. I have always wanted a colored stone, particularly a blue sapphire for the color and durability of the stone compared to other colored gems. I know enough about diamonds, but when it comes to colored gems, I always second guessed myself... until now! Bold, yet there's still something delicate about it... The fancy yellow diamonds on the side topped it off for me. :)

Sorry for the not so clear pics... Took all with my iPhone. Not the best lighting either...

sapphire ring.jpg

sapphire 2.jpg

sapphire side.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a thread on that beautiful sapphire ring, and the stats, and all the particulars. More photos with a real camera too - please!! :saint:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
janiced163|1290489748|2776217 said:
I am new to the site but I wanted to share my most recent purchase. I have always wanted a colored stone, particularly a blue sapphire for the color and durability of the stone compared to other colored gems. I know enough about diamonds, but when it comes to colored gems, I always second guessed myself... until now! Bold, yet there's still something delicate about it... The fancy yellow diamonds on the side topped it off for me. :)

Sorry for the not so clear pics... Took all with my iPhone. Not the best lighting either...

GORGEOUS! :appl:

I agree with TL, we need a thread on this with lots of pics. The iPhone will take great pictures in good light, and I can't wait to see the sapphire in all it's glory! :love:

janiced163

Rough_Rock
iLander|1290783175|2779656 said:

GORGEOUS! :appl:

I agree with TL, we need a thread on this with lots of pics. The iPhone will take great pictures in good light, and I can't wait to see the sapphire in all it's glory! :love:

Thank you! I started a new one under "My first sapphire ring." :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

it's bold....and beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

MakingTheGrade|1277798867|2630033 said:
Blue spinel ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/barry-blue-spinel-in-iolani-sally-setting-pics.145723/

IMG0994.jpg

IMG1005.jpg

My sally collection
IMG1016.jpg

I really love that spinel in the sally setting- the rope details and touches of rose gold are amazing.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Just a few of my favorite unset stones :D There's only one stone in there destined for jewelry already. I wish the trillion and the oval in the middle were bigger :(

hodgepodge 013.png

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty Collection Davi...

jent

Rough_Rock
My 11th anniv. wedding set upgrade! Alishan rings with a custom cut spinel. alishan%20hand%20sm.jpg alishan%20side%20sm.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish PS wouldn't kill color when it crops, but here's a new pic. Hopefully the glow shows up. 1.77 ct trillion Mahenge spinel in two tone trillion micropave setting. Sunlight.

TLmahengespineltrillionglow.JPG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a colorful treat!

LTP's rubellite is sooo gorgeous. Same w/ TL's glowing spinel.

More more more! :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's some collages I put together of my spinel, tourmaline and miscellaneous garnet and other gem species. I have other rings, but I never wear them like I wear these. Sorry about all the pics. Some are precision cut, and some are not. Sometimes I wish I had better crafted rings, like WF or Leon, but then I would never be able to afford setting all these stones, and it's the stones I love.

garnetandothercollage.JPG

tourmaline_collage.JPG

TLspinelringcollage.JPG

freewheelinrose

Rough_Rock
Don't have anything to post yet myself, but those are some lovely examples!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a small 6mm faceted Ethiopian opal I bought at a small gem show last October. I'm thinking of pairing it up with an indicolite. It's really beautiful, and more neon orange than I can capture in these horrible fuzzy photos. The stone will not cooperate, but it's very firey. It stood out in a tray full of such opals. It has a neon orange base color, and ever since I saw a similar, but huge opal, like this at a museum, I had to have one.

TLethiopianopal.JPG

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
psyched to be here and happy to be posting my lovely jewel! This is my 2.07 carat ruby bezel set in a yellow gold, diamond halo from diamonds by lauren. It's a 5.5.

IMG_3157.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I'm drooling over all of these gorgeous colors!!!!

Lori

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaurenThePartier|1285443931|2720408 said:

Such beautiful rings :love: Lauren, is that also peridot in the ring on the right with side stones? Do you have a thread with more pics?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, that ring is really tdf! I love that color!! :love:

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
may as well add my newest up here huh? =)

2.93ct 8.3 x 8.3 x 6.2 mm blueish green tourmaline definitely a color changer of a stone.

P1040048.jpg

The blue zircon ring:

P1040038.jpg

Both are LOGR setting I bought sometime last year. about time I filled them right?

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone has such beautiful pieces. :appl: I have this 2.5 carat portuguese cut oval blue spinel, which has inclusions, but it has nice color. It's sitting on a yellow gold ring, just to show it off next to yellow gold, but unset. Wanted to post this because I love the shot.

TL3caratspinelovallegacy.JPG

briolette

Shiny_Rock
bicolor.jpg
I don't think i ever posted a photo of my 3 ct. bi colored sapphire. It's yellow and blue but in some angels you'll get a touch of green. Cyrus Shennum in Austin,TX set it in a 14 yg Stuller setting...I'd like to get it reset in the future. Any ideas?

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Jackieclarkm ur sapphire ring is exquisite! Love that setting :love:

Same goes to arcadian's blueish green tourmaline. The color is so tempting :lickout:

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
It's been awhile since I last posted some gem shots. Now I'm really excited about posting my recently acquired gem

First...

My color shift Lavender Spinel from Vietnam (it's 9.7x8.6x6.3mm) I bought it last month, first week of January from my trusted local dealer. It seriously needs a recut & repolishing ::) **notice the pink flash in some shots. too bad I wasn't able to include some photos taken under incandescent light to see its dramatic shift to pastel pink hue**

Viet_Spinel.PNG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Second...

This is so far my favorite gem purchased and I bought it last december along with my indicolite as xmas gift to myself. It's my dream stone & now I finally own one. It's a 5.4ct Brazilian Imperial Topaz. Native cut & windowed but the color hides it. My photos don't give justice on how the golden orange/salmon/reddish colors blend together nicely. It even shifts to a more reddish color under incandescent light. I also encircled the healed-fracture/wisp veil inclusion near the girdle.

imp_topaz1.PNG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
This one is the closest color it shows in RL...

A true classic treasure...

'Til my next post :wavey:

imp_topaz2.PNG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blithesome71|1297598235|2850675 said:
It's been awhile since I last posted some gem shots. Now I'm really excited about posting my recently acquired gem

First...

My color shift Lavender Spinel from Vietnam (it's 9.7x8.6x6.3mm) I bought it last month, first week of January from my trusted local dealer. It seriously needs a recut & repolishing ::) **notice the pink flash in some shots. too bad I wasn't able to include some photos taken under incandescent light to see its dramatic shift to pastel pink hue**

I likey!! That stone is beautiful. Here's my new small spinel, 6.5mm. Very little grey, reminds me of a purple sapphire, and very sparley.

TLpurplespinelround.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1297615481|2850776 said:
blithesome71|1297598235|2850675 said:

First...

I likey!! That stone is beautiful. Here's my new small spinel, 6.5mm. Very little grey, reminds me of a purple sapphire, and very sparley.

TL...where are you finding these spinels???

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results