shape
carat
color
clarity

The Sparklier the Better! (Please Advise)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I love this forum almost as much as I love diamonds! And that's saying a lot.

Please advise...I'm looking to get a .75-.80ish ct Lazare (can someone please confirm that they only make ideals?). There isn't much money, so I'll be satisfied with eye-clean and face-up white. In a stone that size will an H be alright, or can I even get away with an I? Also, Would SI2 be much lower than an SI1? I intend to mount it in platinum.

Thanks so much!

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately I have boxed myself in because I'm ugrading from a diamond I bought at the mall before I found pricescope. The jeweller only (or I was made to believe) carries the Lazare ideals. Can they order non-Lazare ideals?

Regardless of the brand, I really want to know whether or not a .75-.80ish ct stone is small enough that an H or I color and SI2 clarity is irrelevant to the beauty of the diamond.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lazare makes only diamonds that qualify as Ideal. All of them are not super ideal, but within the reasonable range of ideal.... The size you want may look fine to you at SI2 in the H/I color. It will be a nice diamond and lively... It would make most people happy.

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
My center stone is a similar size, and it's an I/SI1 H&A Ideal cut - it really really faces up white - I love it! From what I hear, some I's look more yellow than others, so it's important to see the stone in person. Also, in certain lighting, you can see a tiny tiny little hint of yellow from the sideview. Otherwise, I'd definitely go for the I - more bling for the buck!

Diamond Angel

Rough_Rock
oh my gosh...i love the name aurora...sorry, just had to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results