shape
carat
color
clarity

deciding on a dress is hard and emotional

pannini

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone!

so this is my second time trying on dresses. i went to saks and they have a promo that if i put 3K down by the end of the month i get a $450 giftcard, which i could put towards alterations (equally 450!), and then if i sign up for a credit card there, i get 10% off! so... i tried on dresses and fell in love with these 3. i don't have pics of me in them, but i have a pic of them on the hangers, and provided links.

would appreciate your input.. i know it's hard to tell when you don't see me in them, and if you don't see me or know me, but just wanted to get some feedback. i don't think i'll end up buying something by the 30th of the month, but it is a nice little bonus right?

I actually cried wearing one of them! Looking back right now, I forgot to check out how they looked from behind, so I need to try them on again and reassess. Maybe I can compare prices at different stores that carry the same dress.

http://www.amsale.com/bridal/amsalecollection/081226/aubrey.shtml
(the brooch is still something i'm not sure about, the salon said they can order without it but not sure how that would look without, maybe too bare. the fit is slimming in person, and it's very much a city wedding dress, which fits my SF venue)

http://www.christosbridal.com/gowns/F2010/joy.shtml
(this one has flowers on the side but the sample was in bad shape. the online image is better but i noticed there's not flowers on it which may be better, not sure yet. the model is really curvy so it fits her differently. on me it's a bit less exaggerated in curves- really flattering butt too, so sleep and sophisticated, fits any wedding venue i think)

http://www.romonakeveza.com/collections/bridal/2010/
(this one you have to flip through the thumbnails and click on it the dress was labeled RK 831 (Romona Keveza)... it's the 22nd and 23rd photo, the belt was optional and i can choose my own awesome belt from anywhere! i tried one on with swarovski crystals and it made me cry.... super flowy sexy)

saksTRIO3amsale christos romona.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well...I would get the one that made you cry! that one is also my favorite out of the three, I think the christos one is really nice but a little plain, and I don't personally care for the Amsale one (maybe it is just how the model is posed though)

pannini

Shiny_Rock
you're right the christos is on the plain side...oh man but the way it hugs the figure!

they're all so different. i don't know what to do..... i've been wanting a dress that hugs my figure and then this romona keveza comes out of left field on conks me on the head. =)

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I really like the Christos. The buttons are lovely and the skirt is very pretty.
But the third is beautiful as well. I love the idea of a belt. They are so different!
Most likely when you go back to the store to try them all on again, you'll have a better idea based on what the back looks like. I know I eliminated many dresses because I didn't like the way they looked from behind. lol.
Go with the one that makes you feel the most beautiful!
And if it's not any of these three, bring back more pictures! :naughty:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What a difficult choice -- I love all three options. I think the Amsale isn't for everyone, but I think it's incredibly chic and the structure is not something you see every day. However, I think you should go with the one that made you cry - the Romona Keveza.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I've always LOVED RK dresses and would have loved to be able to wear one on my day. Alas, it wasn't in the budget. I love the RK and the Christos the most and don't like the Amsale as much. What is the style of your wedding? Where are you having it and what time of day? Church or outdoor ceremony? Those sorts of details will help in deciding between two very different styles of gowns.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
so far i'm loving all of the feedback! yes, the more i look at the amsale the more the brooch is bugging me. i just keep staring at it, and i want the eyes to travel all over me not just at the brooch.

the christos is fabulous, i am still loving it. and romona...ohhhh romona....

i'll go back and share more pics if i can get sneaky about it!

my venue for the reception is an art gallery in SF, very modern, huge windows with city scapes --- the place is called Terra Gallery: http://www.terrasf.com/

the ceremony is potentially at a chapel in SF, but we haven't booked it yet: http://www.presidio.gov/event/rental/chapelofourlady/COLGallery.htm

what fits these venues? do you think the dresses would match, or what would be a better match? i just want to look really unique, and not too plain. can christos pull that off as long as i have the right accessories? i'm so confused - the more i think about it, the more i worry!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I like both the Christos and the RK (which is actually really similar to the dress I'm thinking of getting). I too long thought I wanted something fit-and-flare, and tried on several that I really loved. And...then ended up being totally enamored with that bodice and that flowy skirt. Something about it screamed "BRIDE!" plus I found my particular flowy dress is a billion times lighter and more comfortable than the tighter one (which started to really matter after I had it on for a few minutes and tried to sit down!).

This will be totally unhelpful, and I'm reluctant to even say it, but I see the Christos in your modern reception space and the RK in the more romantic old-fashioned chapel. Ahh! But either dress will be gorgeous in either space, and neither is "plain."

My best suggestion is to try them on again, preferably with a veil (if that's what you're interested in) and your hair vaguely similar to how it will be on your wedding day (either up or down, depending). If they have a bouquet you can hold, even better. Which can you see wearing as you say your vows and have your first dance?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
sillyberry,

your comments are spot on! it's totally the selling point- that lightweight chiffon and awesome sweetheart.

also- the observation to put one dress for the reception and the RK for the chapel is also so accurate! unfortunately, no $ for both.

i wish i wasn't alone on this one. i needed my best friends and my mom there, and neither were. it's hard for me not having that support locally. everyone is long distance.

also, i'm scared to purchase by the 30th of september. my wedding is in october of 2011, and the only way i can make sense out of buying the RK dress for the price is to purchase by the 30th so i can get free alterations. otherwise, the RK dress is way out of my budget.

that's the pressure i'm feeling. so scared.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
silly berry-
what dress are you thinking of? do you have images or a post about it? i would love to see!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
pannini said:
silly berry-
what dress are you thinking of? do you have images or a post about it? i would love to see!
I'm looking at some Watters dresses - Austin and Lasara. Gobi and Gibson have a similar feel, too.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
those are beautiful! i bookmarked the gobi and the gibson a couple months ago too. we share the same taste in dresses, i can tell. you know, maybe i should go try on some at watters.... it will be less $$$ that's for sure!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the Romona Keveza. I can certainly feel your pain - I have been going back and forth with my decisions. I just purchased my third and final dress. I am done and can't allow myself to look anymore. If I am still not happy, too bad.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
pannini said:
those are beautiful! i bookmarked the gobi and the gibson a couple months ago too. we share the same taste in dresses, i can tell. you know, maybe i should go try on some at watters.... it will be less $$$ that's for sure!
I haven't looked high-end, because I knew those dresses weren't in my budget and I had to keep from falling in love with something I couldn't have, but I've been really impressed with the construction of the Watters dresses. Definitely worth a look!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
My vote is for the Romona Keveza. I can certainly feel your pain - I have been going back and forth with my decisions. I just purchased my third and final dress. I am done and can't allow myself to look anymore. If I am still not happy, too bad.

charmy what dress did you end up getting?

margaret cereola

Rough_Rock
What dress did you end up getting? I am wearing the Romona Keveza for my Sept 30th, 2011 wedding in NYC. Our venue is on the water with the skyline in the backdrop. I love this dress!!! I am curious if you got the Romona, and if so are you wearing a veil?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1285043148|2715386 said:
CharmyPoo said:

charmy what dress did you end up getting?

Oops . sorry I just saw your post. I ended up buying 3 dresses ..

1. Vera Wang Diana
2. Melissa Sweet Dora
3. Pronovias Nemesis

I am going to be wearing the Vera Wang for the ceremony and the Melissa Sweet for the reception. I must admit .. I am still not sure about the Vera Wang. I really love this Oscar de la Renta gown but it doesn't have a train. I just can't buy another gown .. such a waste of money since it isn't easy reselling gowns even if they are not used.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Man I can't even decide on one dress, and my wedding is in five months!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results