shape
carat
color
clarity

My new prehnite ring

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Hi I just bought this 6 carat Prehnite ring in 18k rose gold it is by a designer called Pomellato.

I love the stone! the way it holds light and it moves around inside the stone is mesmerizing.

what can anyone tell me about Prehnite?
thanks,
Candice
prehnite3.jpg prehnite2.jpg prehnite1.jpg

Candice

Shiny_Rock
oh my...sorry for the gigantor sized photos...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I remember correctly, Prehnite forms as a secondary mineral in volcanic rock and I think has a Calcium make up. They tend to be glassy looking and a pastel yellowie green. The thing I like about Prehnite is that it looks like it has a little internal glow. I've got some but for some reason have never worn them! Not sure why as they're a gorgeous colour to wear in spring time. I very much like the look of yours and haven't seen a cab before - mine are faceted.

I can't remember where it is on the MOHS scale but seem to recall 5 or 6? If so, it's a softish, brittle stone and so needs some care.

Edit: Just looked it up and it's a 6-6.5 MOHS.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. I like prehnite, and I have a large cab like yours. It would look stunning, with mandarin spessartite garnets surrounding it. Lovely ring, very modern, and I love the prongs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1295641655|2829001 said:
Its shimmer and glow is just lovely, and the setting is just perfect for it too.

Probably a bit dry and technical:
http://www.mindat.org/min-3277.html

So Calcium and Aluminium plus a few others I don't recognise! I wonder if it's the aluminium that gives it the glowy appearance!?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think prehnite is a very beautiful and underappreciated stone. It has a beautiful glow to it, like moonstone. Really lovely.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo lovely ring! I love the prongs on it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love your ring and Pomellato (in general)--I have the matching Prehnite earrings! I hope you enjoy your ring as much as I do my Prehnite earrings and ring.

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! First time I've ever heard of it. Really lovin' the glow.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's really lovely, and I like the setting a lot, too. I've seen prehnite offered for sale a few times, but didn't know it was possible to set it.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is a beautiful ring. Really different. congrats

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it! I love any stone that has a glowy presence, and this one surely does.

Laura

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses. I wanted to make sure that it was ok to wear it without fear for putting my hands in dishwater or fast temperature changes wouldnt affect the stone.

I am loving this ring the Prehnite is so glowy and its mesmerizing with he light play and colour. its a light green and its tends to dance with a rosy hue that comes over it, possibly from the rose gold? and it also has a blue undertone which plays and rolls around inside the stone. it almost looks like its lit internally by a battery or something lol
edited to add: the photos were taken in the afternoon on a grey dark winter afternoon, and its still glowing :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to see pictures of prehnite on the PS. I have seen it and it is beautiful and I think more people should buy these glowy beautiful cabs. I like the design of the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results