shape
carat
color
clarity

New here, looking to buy engagement ring...help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bing_0

Rough_Rock
Hi all, i was directed here by a freind who said you guys would be a great benefit for my needs.

my situation is that I am looking to buy a engagement/marriage ring for my gf, she just wants one ring, in stead of the engagement and then wedding band since we will only have a very short engagement period.

anyway, i went to local stores and was quite confused by the lack of consistency in pricing and quality.

and then i saw some rings at very nice prices at www.philipnoel.com, so i was wondering if they are a trust worthy site?

anyway, what i am looking for is this:

thin white gold band

fair to good clarity

marquiese (sp) or Princess cut

nice center setting, loose diamonds are a plus if they arent so big as to make the band look wide (she has a small hand)

and basically I am looking for the biggest diamond i can find for below 1000
1.gif

so, if ANY of you guys can help me out, point me to some place or someone or even a particular ring, that would be fantastic!

thanks in advance.

b

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
http://www.diamondsafe.com/Engagement-Rings-Settings_4.asp?diamonds=28655

this .63 is less than $1000 and a setting will run you $85 more.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the prices look good but you don't have enough info to really know what you are getting.

Spend a few days reading the tutorial here on PS and reading posts. When you have more knowledge you might then search the PS database for a stone that meets your requirements, then choose a setting.

This is a good link Price Stats

To keep the cost down, I suggest looking at I/J color and VS2/SI1 Clarity

piepiezzz

Rough_Rock
The price stats referenced above by Todd are outdated a bit. You can not find many diamonds in that price range/grades anymore. And the closer to Christmas you get the worse it's going to get. I just bought a gorgeous diamond from USA Certed and it was the best deal that I found in searching for four months. And it was still more than the chart referenced. Just do some searches, call USACerted and give them your specs, they will e-mail you a list of available diamonds and prices.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/7/2004 8:44:01 AM piepiezzz wrote:

The price stats referenced above by Todd are outdated a bit. ----------------
Those price stats are linked real time to stones offered for sale by the vendors listed here. How can they be outdated?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results