shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco diamond earrings - Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a .25 tcw or greater, clarity VS2 or better, color I or better, brilliant cut 14k Gold Four-Prong Diamond Stud Earrings w/ screw-back posts. I don''t know the exact details of the diamonds but Cotsco promises that their diamonds are VS2 or better and color I or better. I paid around $220. Do you think it''s a good deal? If I bought loose diamonds could I get a better deal? I don''t want to spend that much...

Thanks.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
See, I am one who doesn't think you could do better, unless you were willing to spend more money.

My guess, those diamonds might not be ideal cut, keeping the price low. You could go out and find ideal cut diamonds in the same color clarity range at a higher price.

Also, say you bought those diamonds loose...the exact same ones you bought a costco. To purchase the earring settings and pay a setting fee (which generally happens with loose diamonds), it probably would have cost more.

Bottom line, if your happy with the way the diamonds look, then you answered your own question
2.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Costco gives a fair deal.

For a total price of $220, saving 10%? going elsewhere is only 22$ and you probably wouldn't have the great return policy. As Wonka said, if you like your studs, enjoy them.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What place would sell diamond earrings cheaper? (save 10%) Do you mean if I buy loose diamonds?

Todd07

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 10/6/2004 6:41:18 PM snlee wrote:

What place would sell diamond earrings cheaper? (save 10%) Do you mean if I buy loose diamonds?
----------------

Hi SNLEE,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The 10% comment was to highlight that a cheaper price (if you found it) doesn't really put much back in your pocket.

I think Costco gives a fair price for their goods. Assuming you like what you got then I'd keep the studs as it will be difficult to find a better deal for the same quality of diamonds, with such a great return policy.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
If you have ever bought a bag of oranges, there are some that are great, most average, a couple of duds. That is the buying of Costco earrings like what you got. The price is very fair, some cut better than others. Hope you got one of the average or good ones. If you got one of the duds, you can exchange it at another Costco or see if the one you bought at has a couple. Sometimes two side by side tells you which is better. For the price and size, you are ok either way. If you get into larger stones like 3/4 ct or larger, you will most likely spend more time evaluating your options and get slightly better stones for the money. A blind purchase there is better than many other places.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/7/2004 12:27:02 AM yowahking wrote:

If you have ever bought a bag of oranges, there are some that are great, most average, a couple of duds. That is the buying of Costco earrings like what you got. The price is very fair, some cut better than others. Hope you got one of the average or good ones.----------

This is a great analogy. For the money, I'd agree that if you are happy with them, just keep them. They do guarantee some kind of quality minimum as a company policy, so I don't think you did too bad, and like Todd/Cowboy/Ricardo said (sorry he has an identity crisis
9.gif
) at least you are assured of a great return policy.

Enjoy and let me know if you find any more. I'm looking for some inexpensive ones too.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results