shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for my bunny Daisy

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about the passing of your bunny! HUGS!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1294068530|2813156 said:
Oh, I am so terribly sorry for your loss :cry:
I know your dear Daisy had a wonderful life with you and take comfort from that.
Sending you big cyber hugs.

That's such a sweet thing to say, missy! It actually brings tears to my eyes. Thank you!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh Baby Nurse I'm so sorry about Daisy! :(sad

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1294074288|2813217 said:
she will live in your memory and in your heart. at these times i always tell myself it was better to have loved than not to have loved.

MoZo

This is true. Easy to forget when grief is fresh but it is all worth it. Sadly, the heartache is part of the territory.
Thanks, MoZo :)) .

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh nooo, I'm so sorry ;( Daisy was blessed with a very loving family, she was a lucky bunny. My heart really goes out to you.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
meresal|1294080737|2813300 said:
I'm so sorry to hear about your bunny Daisy.

Thank you meresal. I appreciate the kind words.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1294087637|2813376 said:
I'm so sorry about the passing of your bunny! HUGS!

Thanks for the hugs,vintagelover!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I was so sorry to log on and read about Daisy today! I'm so sorry for your loss. Bunnies really are fantastic creatures and Daisy is so lucky she had such a great home with you.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rhbgirl24|1294089002|2813397 said:
Aww I am so sorry for your loss! Here's to many happy memories though.

Thank you, rhbgirl24. That's right, we will always have those happy memories :)) .

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1294093781|2813487 said:
Ohh Baby Nurse I'm so sorry about Daisy! :(sad

Thank you, packrat. My husband and I are starting to feel a bit better.

One thing I didn't anticipate is all the questions from my oldest who is 4.5. He was feeling really sad last night and then suddenly brightened up saying "Mama! We can call up God and ask him if we can go to heaven and visit Daisy and Hannah (another pet who passed a couple of years ago)! What's God's number?! We're going to have to use a big phone!" Shoot, I didn't know how to approach that without really hurting him and I knew he wouldn't let it go. Sure enough, I had to call God this morning and then explain to Benjamin that we couldn't visit heaven this morning because God didn't think it was a "good time" for a visit. My little guy was devastated. We parried back and forth like this for a couple of hours. Eventually we had the following conversation.

Me: "Benjamin, people can only go to heaven when they're dead."
B: "Is Daisy Dead?"
Me: "Yes."
B: "Is she going to come back and visit?"
Me: "Probably not."

:errrr:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1294096458|2813523 said:
Oh nooo, I'm so sorry ;( Daisy was blessed with a very loving family, she was a lucky bunny. My heart really goes out to you.

NewEnglandLady, those are really sweet things to say! It warms my heart :)) .

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh baby nurse I'm so terribly sorry. Daisy was such a pretty girl, and so blessed to have had a wonderful bunny life with such an amazing family. My heart is aching for you all xxx

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elrohwen|1294170239|2814167 said:
I was so sorry to log on and read about Daisy today! I'm so sorry for your loss. Bunnies really are fantastic creatures and Daisy is so lucky she had such a great home with you.

Thank you Elrohwen-- that's such a kind thing to say!

Yes, bunnies really are such fantastic creatures :)) . I think a lot of people have the impression that all they do is sit there because when you see them in the pet store, that's pretty much what they're doing; they're nocturnal, so they tend to be quiet during the day. And if you buy one, and leave it in a cage, you won't get to see their personality blossom. They need to have time out of their cage so that they can socialize with you, get the sense that they're loved, as well as a sense of control over their environment.

We still have 2 bunnies and one of them looks just like the one in your avatar :D !

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1294288124|2815483 said:

Yes, bunnies really are such fantastic creatures :)) . I think a lot of people have the impression that all they do is sit there because when you see them in the pet store, that's pretty much what they're doing; they're nocturnal, so they tend to be quiet during the day. And if you buy one, and leave it in a cage, you won't get to see their personality blossom. They need to have time out of their cage so that they can socialize with you, get the sense that they're loved, as well as a sense of control over their environment.

We still have 2 bunnies and one of them looks just like the one in your avatar :D !

I completely agree! I always tell people that bunnies are more like cats than anything - you wouldn't think of keeping your cat in a cage for the entire day, and if you did lock it up while you were out you certain wouldn't put it in a teeny cage - you'd get the biggest area you could manage. I have two bunnies as well and the silly things they do just bring me so much joy. I'm glad you still have two left to keep you company! I'd love to see a thread with pictures of them some day ::) (especially if one looks like my Otto, the guy in my avatar)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elrohwen|1294322306|2815648 said:
baby nurse|1294288124|2815483 said:

I completely agree! I always tell people that bunnies are more like cats than anything - you wouldn't think of keeping your cat in a cage for the entire day, and if you did lock it up while you were out you certain wouldn't put it in a teeny cage - you'd get the biggest area you could manage. I have two bunnies as well and the silly things they do just bring me so much joy. I'm glad you still have two left to keep you company! I'd love to see a thread with pictures of them some day ::) (especially if one looks like my Otto, the guy in my avatar)

Oh! Otto is such a cool name! And he looks just like an Otto! My little gal who looks like Otto is named Kayla (nick-name Kitty kat kay :D ) My other bunny in a light grey and white rex named Willow. She was supposed to be a mini rex but she just kept on growing! So, definitely a full sized rex. She's extremely sweet and loving, would never nip. I love the idea of a bunny thread! I'll get some pictures of mine together and start a thread.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby Nurse, I feel awful for missing your post - I'm so sorry about the loss of your precious Daisy, big (((hugs))) to you and your family, and some extra ones for your adorable kids. Daisy sounds like such a sweetie. Losing a pet is just so painful, I hope happy memories of Daisy bring you some comfort as you go through this hard time.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug[/b, you're a sweetheart for responding so kindly to my thread. I thought of you today and wondered how you were coping-- too soon I'm sure for you to be getting much relief from your sadness. I hope you can get some comfort from the knowledge that so many PSers are sending you their hugs and prayers :wavey: .

Diamond.Lover

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss baby nurse. She's so incredibly precious and I know you'll miss her. Pets become part of your family and it's devastating when you lose them. ((hugs))

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Just seeing this now, what a beautiful pic of Daisy with your son. As another bunny "mom" I am sorry for your loss. How are the other two buns adjusting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results