carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

lizzyann01|1295456266|2826688 said:
Hey ladies, just stopped in for a quick question...do you guys still exercise after you O? I usually dance with my DS for about 15 mins a day to some kid music and in the middle of dancing I got worried that maybe it was too much movement. I also think I tend to be over cautious because I had 2 m/c's before having my DS. Anyways, let me know your thoughts.

I cannot in a million years imagine that is a problem. The rule of thumb is that you can continue whatever activities are common for you, once you are pregnant. So if you do this bit of dancing regularly, then it is not a problem. If you have 30lb toddler you haul around, you can keep doing that. If you run every day you can keep doing that. But you should not *start* any of those activities brand new when pregnant without easing into it. I can't imagine the rules are any different when TTC. If dancing or moving or lifting caused m/c, then hardly any babies would ever be born -- in the historical past and in the developing world today women did much more strenuous activities and seem to have lots of babies!

If it makes you feel better, of course check with your doctor, and if you really worry then just don't dance! There is nothing wrong with being cautious if you want to be, whether warranted or not.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1295491974|2827279 said:
Hello all, I think I'm ready to join this thread. My husband and I have agreed that we will start trying for a baby in a couple of months, so I have just started reading the very beginning of this thread. My sister tried for a couple years before she became pregnant with her first and had a couple of miscarriages and ultimately got pregnant using clomid and taking progesterone supplements. My other sister, who hasn't tried for a baby yet, recently found out she has endometriosis. So knowing these things, I am worried that having a baby is not going to be easy for me. I hope I am wrong.

I have a question for all of you. Do you recommend that I get off of the pill after this month and wait a couple of months before trying? Or are our chances just as good if we start trying right after going off the pill? I have heard before that women are often more fertile just after going off the pill, and I was thinking it wouldn't hurt to have a little boost. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this.

I can't believe we are actually really going to do this soon!

I personally found it took about 3 cycles off the pill for my fertility to return to normal -- I estimate this based on my fertility signs like cervical fluid. Once my cervical fluid returned (there was NONE the first two months) I got pregnant right away. This second time when I was not on the pill prior to getting pregnant and thus had strong fertile fluid right away, I got pregnant the first month trying. So for me, if I was on the pill and wanted to TTC again I would go off it a few months in advance because I found those few months TTC with few fertile signs very stressful and confusing would rather have avoided it. Of course many women get pregnant right off the pill, too, so if you go off it now you need to be ok with an oppsie in those months.

I have not heard of the idea of increased fertility coming off the pill, only the opposite, for what its worth.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Hey guys,

Drive by post. DH gets back tomorrow and it's CD10, which is a day earlier than expected :love:. I've been a little MIA sorry I'm trying not to obsess too much in this cycle and I figured TTC forums kind of contribute to that a little bit but I love hearing from all of you. Anywho, I'm a little down in the dumps--another pregnancy announcement from a friend and it's #2. Same story as last time but I can't help but feel a little :blackeye:.

LC- I hope your mom is improving. Sorry about what happened and I think things like this just brings out the worse in people. Same thing happened to me last year and I just saw another side of my DH's family.

Monkey- welcome!!!! Hope the stay is short.

I'll catch up later =)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Fab, Hooray for DH getting back early. Have fun this cycle. Totally know what you mean by taking a break so no big. :) maybe hang out in the Hangout while you whittle the time away. :)

Monkey, Welcome! I went off HBC (Hormonal Birth Control) early since I was on those 3-month-ers and I figured I needed more time to get my body back to normal. My last cycle (first one off HBC) was L.O.N.G. so I'm glad I made that decision. We're kinda in the spot where we're not really trying but we're not using any barrier methods either.

Dreamer, THanks for chiming in on the exercising. I'm kinda a seasonal exerciser, definitely do more when it's warmer out. But I'm planning on getting back into shape before my ski trip in March so motivating myself to go back to the gym. I've never been much of a runner but wanna try so I can run at least in the beginning of any pregnancy I have in the future. I did the Chicago marathon this past Oct so once upon a not so long time ago I was "a runner"

Lizzy, re: the legs up in the air, is that why everyone suggests yoga since yoga does headstands? hee hee, couldn't help myself in the dorky joke. Good thing I like yoga.

So I'm going to check with DH if he's OK with moving our timeline up by a few months. Originally, it was mostly dictated by him, but I dunno with his mom in the hospital etc, it kinda got me thinking, "Why are we waiting?" Kinda Irish's same revelation. DH wants to get Lasik, but it's not like I'll get pregnant and the baby comes immeditately. THere's still a 9month gestation... We were also waiting to do a splashy vacation, but again with his mom in the hospital, 1) might not have the vacation, 2) might not have the budget 3) it'd feel like we're pretending that this doesn't affect us and 4) Most importantly family is so much more important. It's not like we'll never take a vacation again ever, so I said we should put that first and foremost.

~LC, out

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1295501230|2827382 said:
Dreamer, THanks for chiming in on the exercising. I'm kinda a seasonal exerciser, definitely do more when it's warmer out. But I'm planning on getting back into shape before my ski trip in March so motivating myself to go back to the gym. I've never been much of a runner but wanna try so I can run at least in the beginning of any pregnancy I have in the future. I did the Chicago marathon this past Oct so once upon a not so long time ago I was "a runner"

Good luck with that ;)) I was a runner prior to pregnancy, about 12-16km per week, and have not run once since getting pregnant. Too tired, too big, too bleck.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies-

Another one of my infamous drive-by posts! Sorry for the disappearing act.

It's CD 35 and still no sign of ovulation (or, at least, no signs of ovulation again). My temp has still been down ranging between 97.3 and 97.7. So it'll likely be another 50+ day cycle! BLECH! DD-I'm looking for a good chart to post, but unfortunately, I didn't chart my CM signs as thoroughly as I should have!

In other news, we are off the TTC train temporarily. My big case didn't settle last week and is likely to go to trial late this summer/early fall. Being part of a trial team would be phenomenal experience and be great for my career. But, if we get pregnant now or next month, I'd be around 7 months while working basically around the clock. So, we decided it makes sense to hold off until Spring to restart. And with my cycle as wonky as it is, it's really probably on one more cycle anyway. I will keep lurking and will be keeping tabs on the progress here!

LC-I've been lurking, and my thoughts go out to you and your hubby's family. Here's to a quick recovery to your MIL!

Fabcrab-Keep your head up! I know how those #2 babies are painful news! But your little bean is coming soon!

Welcome to all the new ladies! I hope your stays on this thread are short!

Lizzy-You are so sweet to ask about me! I think you definitely covered your bases! Hoping you have more patience than I did during my first 2ww! As for OPKs, while I think it's technically supposed to be 24-36 hours after, we start BD'ing that day. No harm right??? Also, we ordered the cheapie amazon ones so I was POAS twice a day.

Monkeyprincess-As you can tell from my post, my fertility has still been really wonky (7 months later). I came off the HBC in June on the wise recommendation of ladies in this forum! We had intended to start trying in October. If it hadn't come off so early and began charting and noticing my fertility signs, I would have been WAY behind in being diagnosed with fertility problems by my Ob/gyn. If you don't mind using other methods of prevention for a little bit, I'd recommend coming off as early as possible!

NEL-Hope your doggie is doing well! Sorry about the Pats loss...but I can't be too sorry since I'm KNEE deep in Jets fans here!!! Can't say we wouldn't love a championship team in NY again!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Hi gals!

Monkey, welcome. I would call your ob/gyn and see what they recommend and then figure out what works best for you. My Dr. recommended me to start taking prenatal vitamins 1-2 months before TTC to get the folic acid. He also recommended to wait a month or 2 after getting off of the pill before TTC. He said it would be just fine if I got pregnant during that time frame but I would just be letting my body readjust after the pill. But it's personal. Good Luck!!!

NElady, I totally saw that episode of Sex and the city! I'm just a worrier!!!

Dreamer, thanks for stopping by to help us out here in TTC! I almost paged you in the pregnancy thread to come by to give me your take on this. I would think the same rule applies with TTC vs. being pregnant as well. The problem is that I started looking into it online and saw mixed opinions so I got nervous. My DS is around 27 lbs and I do pick him up quite often and about halfway thru dancing he usually wants me to pick him up so that we can dance together. (very sweet) But I don't feel like I am overexerting myself or anything. I mean my body is used to picking him up on a daily basis, so not like it is new behavior or anything. Thanks for your comments. Also, another question? What day do you consider O, the same day as LH surge or OPK or the next day? Just curious.

Fabcrab, thanks for posting! Good to see you but I understand you don't want to obsess! Fellow obsessor here!!! I know it is hard to see other people get pregnant but you will get there one day yourself! Your time will come my friend!

LC, maybe I need to take up yoga!!! ha ha!!

Scarlet, great to see you checking in. CD 35 and no O. Jeepers. Sucks that the case you are working on didn't settle and now you have lots more work ahead of you. Hopefully, you won't have to put off TTC for too long. Once you get bit by the baby bug it is hard to put the brakes on!

AFM, I am 6dpo. I think I might test on Sun/Mon! Luckily, my DS keeps me busy so I don't get too anxious about taking the test!

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

NEL – Hoping Byron’s weakness is from the meds and that he strengthens up quickly. It’s so sad when pets are sick. Hope you see improvement soon. Good news about the positive feedback on the interview… Things will work out how they are supposed to, hopefully sooner than later so you can officially jump in the pool with us!!

Lizzy – The ladies have given you great advice on exercising while TTC. I wish I was a little more active myself right now..gotta get on that! FRER is First Response Early…Result? Response? Something that begins with R. Careful not to confuse those with the first response rapid result.

Monkeyprincess – Welcome, hope your stay is short and sweet!

Fabcrab – Great that DH is coming home early! Sorry your down about another announcement. Your time will come, and your baby will be cuter ;-) Wishing you all the best this cycle

LC – Hope your talk with DH goes well… We need some more official activity around here!

Scarlet – Great to see you! Sorry ttc is on hold for now (and that your cycle is being screwy), I also have a job where there is no good timing and I know how stressful that can be. Hope you’re able to jump back in soon.

AFM – CD31/14dpo and no AF yet. I average 29 days with a 14 day lp, but I know that my stomach bug and cold pushed O back about 2 days so we’ll see what happens today. I haven’t tested since Tuesday and if need be will hold out till Saturday. I just don’t want to waste my last FRER only to get AF shortly after.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Laura 14dpo!!!! I am dying over here in suspense! Lots of baby dust coming your way!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy I don't know anything about OPKs, sorry! But since even the best estimates of O are really within 2 days at most, it sort of doesn't matter, ya know? My son is about 30lbs and I carry him around all the time. I am sure it is not a problem to dance with your son. Not sure about where you are looking online, but really, you can find someone to say whatever you want online and espcially about fertility stuff I find. Best not to look online or at least look with a grain of salt.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer, That's so funny what you're saying about running. We'll see. :)

Scarlet, sorry to hear about the TTC postponement. But at least this gives you little more time for your cycles to normalize a little more. I hear you on the really long cycles... This will give you a chance to not sweat and go crazy when you're waiting out your cycle length, KWIM?

Fab, Sorry about feeling bummed about "getting lapped." But it's not a race and everything.

Lizzy, yoga helps you with your balance so maybe you and your DH can get creative on the BDing too...Just sayin'... Well, the weekend will probably go quickly, so keep us posted on how things go.

Laura, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in this cycle. I can't remember did you get cheapie preggo tests?

AFM, I started my discussion with DH about moving up our timeline, not sure how he'd take it. He very nonchalantly answered "OK" and that was that. I guess it wasn't that daunting as I made it out to be. We haven't talked about specifics but will do that over dinner or something.

~LC, out

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Hi Everyone,
I have been TTC for a year. We had our consult with the fertility clinic today. My head is spinning with all the new words, and info we were given but it feels good to have a plan and to know that there is hope.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Blackberry, sounds great you guys have a plan for TTC. I'm sorry you've been TTC for a year now. A lot of us ladies are noobies, so we might have a few questions for you if you don't mind...

Hope you ladies are doing well. it's -1F today on the way to work. Brrrr!

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

LC – Yay for “OK”! And yes, I did order Wondfos from Amazon and the shipping was unbelievably fast! I ordered them Tuesday night and they were delivered yesterday. I've had it with the cold too. I hate hate hate January and I can't wait till it's over.

Thanks for the dust ladies. CD 32 and STILL nothing to report. Since the wondfos came yesterday, I did break out my last FRER. Who am I kidding, I would have done it anyway. Unfortunately it was a waste since it was 6pm, only 2 hours since I had last peed, after drinking a ton of water and BFN. I tested again with a wondfo this morning and still BFN. If I was KU, I would think something would show by now. So hurry it up AF! I’m just annoyed that I’ve had clockwork cycles since I was 12 and the first cycle we TTC, it goes wonky on me. Harrumph. Also annoyed that I keep running to the bathroom every hour thinking AF is here.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer, thank you. You are always a plethora of information! Much appreciated! :wavey:

Laura, so interesting about being CD32 and no BFP or AF! How many days were your cycles previously?

LC, if you don't mind me asking? Where are you located? -1F brrrr... we did get snow here in the Northeast. I live in Western Massachusetts but it is in the high 20's!!! So glad your hubby gave you the "ok" on TTC. You know what? I sometimes feel that major life happenings like his mom's accident, or other tragedies like that sometimes put people in perspective you know? "Life is too short...why wait" mentality. I was a couple months pregnant with my DS when my 25 year old brother died tragically and having my son after such an ordeal has been the best thing that could have happened for our family. He brings so much love and fulfillment to our whole family that was much needed after something so bad to have happened. I think TTC will be a fun distraction for your DH and will bring such a lovely joy into your life once you do get pregnant! Good luck and lots of baby dust!

Blackberry, I am sorry you have had a bumpy road with TTC. A friend of mine went thru many obstacles including IUI, IVF and she now has a healthy 4 month old little boy who is the joy of her and her hubby's life. I am glad to hear you have a plan and are well educated on your situation. Baby dust for you.

AFM, 7DPO......I want to test so bad!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Monkey - even though we didn't start TTC for another couple of years, my cycle went straight back to the usual 27 days when I came of the BCP, and always did whenever I'd taken a break over the previous 10 years or so. So you may find that your fertility comes back straight away.

Two of my friends - one of whom is an OB, both came off the BCP and thought that it would take a while to get KU and so started TTC anyway. Both got KU straight away - one was 10 weeks PG on her wedding-day as a result. My SIL was the same - and 4 weeks PG on her wedding-day!

As long as you are taking folic acid then I would go ahead and start trying now - there's no real reason not to and you can always chart at the same time. I've seen many people regret not starting to try sooner and none who regret getting KU quickly!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Blackberry-just wanted to say I am glad that you have hope and I hope that this new road is smooth and straightforward for you! I know that you guys have had a long year!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

lliang_chi|1295629438|2828774 said:
Blackberry, sounds great you guys have a plan for TTC. I'm sorry you've been TTC for a year now. A lot of us ladies are noobies, so we might have a few questions for you if you don't mind...

Hope you ladies are doing well. it's -1F today on the way to work. Brrrr!

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I know how it feels to have lots of questions and no one to ask.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Bella_mezzo|1295645384|2829094 said:
Blackberry-just wanted to say I am glad that you have hope and I hope that this new road is smooth and straightforward for you! I know that you guys have had a long year!

Thanks for your support!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I'm in cold cold Chicago. With windchill it was like -20F. It was WINDY! I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I agree that joyous news like a child can help overcome life's hard curves. I think you said you wanted to hold off testing till Sunday? You can do it lady!!! We'll start talking about other funny things to keep your mind off it.
Our last girls' night, my GF's husband made dinner for a couple of us (we were helping her prep for a party). Everyone was then talking about the first time their DHs/BFs made them dinner. My line was "I'll let you know when it's James's first time making dinner for me." In my next lifetime I"m going to marry a man who can cook.

Monkey, some great advice from the ladies here. Did you decide what you're going to do with the HBC?

Laura, I keep asking if we can have summer back. Guess not. Booo!Hm CD 32, you did say your O was late because of the bug you caught right? Do you know when you O'd?

Blackberry, thanks, I asked a lot of my embarrassing noobie questions I can think of right now, but don't worry, there will be more ::)

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

Blackberry - Glad you are feeling good about having a plan. Keep us posted :))

I think AF is finally making an appearance today! I'm normally 28-30 days so if this one was 32 and O was delayed about 2 days, it all works out to be normal. I have all my supplies ready for cycle 2 :D

I'm also in New England, no where near as cold as Chicago, but supposed to get to 0 and possibly negatives this weekend. 10 more days of January! Can't wait till it's over.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for all for giving me your input on the birth control question. I really appreciate it. I have three packs left, so now I just need to decide how many of those packs to use. I think I'll just stop using it and see what happens rather than monitoring. I tend to be a worrier and I don't want to put too much pressure on us unless or until we have difficulty.

Nice to know there is a place I can talk about all of this. I'm keeping it quiet in real life even with our families because if it does take awhile, I would prefer not have everyone involved and worrying about it. I am giving all of them the impression we are not ready yet. I need to read up on this thread, so I can start to get to know all of you and your stories.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hey ladies, just had a great yoga class and I feel AWESOME, albeit way outta shape. :(

Laura, sounds like AF was on time based on your O date. Glad you were keeping track of that.

Monkey, re: HBC, I found temping helped me keep me aware of O'ing, especially after coming off Seasonale (90 day HBC regimen). I didn't think I'd O but I get a definite temp shift and I *think* that means I O'd. Right ladies? Anyway, after coming off HBC for, oh 12+ years, it made me feel better than my body was doing what it was supposed to. I'm still temping now. My first cycle was insanely long (42 days). I dunno if this one will be long too, I kinda hope not.

Scarlet, have you hit any skiing yet? Where are you again? I'm in Chicago but make the trek out to the West to hit the slopes there. We're going to Jackson in March, can't wait!

Also I talked to DH and we decided to wait till our ski trip to start trying. I don't want to be pregnant on my ski trip, then I can't tear up the mountain like I'd want to. I'm not the most graceful skier so I fall down, a lot. DH also brought up the possibility of doing a smaller vacation, but I told him I'd rather wait till his mom is OK and doing fine before we plan on something like a vacation. I'd hate to have one planned just for us to scrap it if we need to fly down that same weekend? Or go anyway, and be unable to reach his family to check in. Anyway, so that's kinda all going on here, just trying to stay warm.

~LC

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Just popping in to say I took the Clear blue easy digital test this morning and it was a BFN. :(( I am 9dpo, and two days before AF is expected. Maybe it's too early, or maybe this just isn't my month.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

GUESS WHAT LADIES!!!! I took another Clear Blue Easy Test this morning and I got a BFP!!!!! :appl: Must not have been enough HCG yesterday. I am going to buy a couple more tests to triple check today and post pics today of it!!!! I am super excited but I am staying calm and will not be telling anyone besides my mother till I am further along. With my previous history, I'd rather play it safe! After yesterday's negative I didn't think this was the month for me, but holy smokes I couldn't believe it when I read it this morning! Need to buy more tests today and then I'll go to my Dr's tomorrow to confirm!!!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy!! Oh my goodness!!!! Congrats!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I saw your post yesterday and wondered if you were going to test again 9DPO was quite early. Woo hoo!!! Keep us posted!

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

OMG Lizzy!!! Congrats! So happy for you :appl:

Hope some of that dust rubs off on the rest of us :D

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, Lizzy Ann!! Like LC, I thought 9dpo was really early, too. I'm super excited that you got your BFP this morning! I think this officially makes you a jerkstore, which is great!! WOOHOO!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

OK dumb question, what's a "jerkstore"?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

I haven't popped in for quite awhile! What good news to come back to, though -- yay, Lizzy!! Congratulations!

LC, I hope your MIL is continuing to improve. Lots of healing dust to her.

AFM, I just finished my first cycle without HBC. 34 days, which is pretty consistent with what I remember from pre-BC. We'll see what happens in the next couple months. It looks from my chart like my LP is only 10 days, but FF changed my crosshairs a couple times and I had a nasty cold around my "original" O date, so I'm waiting to see if things are clearer this month. It's really amazing to see what my body is up to!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results