clarity

About to Pull the Trigger on a Stone...

IceDigger

Rough_Rock
Carat - 0.89
Color - H
Clarity - SI2
Cut - Round Brilliant
-- It scores a 0.9 on the HCA Everything got an Excellent grading except spread is Very Good.

GIA certified. Laser Inscribed with GIA report number.

Clarity Characteristics: Crystal

Cost - $2450 No Taxes.

Looks like the rock I've been looking for, about $500 more than I wanted to pay but I think its worth it...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has the vendor confirmed that it is eye clean? Do you have pictures of the stone? Aset? Return policy???

Camus

Rough_Rock
Any pictures of the actual diamond? ASET? that would be very helpful.

IceDigger

Rough_Rock
No pictures of the actual diamond. 14 day full money back refund. ASET?? Not familiar with that term.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
link to GIA report check - or post report number?

Nmbers on the report don't tell the whole story so you will likely want to plan on an appraisal within the return period to confirm nothing wonky. You can evaluate eyeclean to your requirements during this period as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASET shows optical symmetry within the diamond and can show if it has good light return. SI2 clarity is risky unless someone has confirmed how the inclusions look. I'd insist on magnified pictures before ordering an SI2. But it is at least good that you have the return policy.

Camus

Rough_Rock
IceDigger|1295488581|2827220 said:
No pictures of the actual diamond. 14 day full money back refund. ASET?? Not familiar with that term.

Hi there. One of the main reasons why we request pictures, and especially ASET pictures is due to the fact that it's difficult for us to evaluate the diamond without one or both of these things.. along with some other things. Numbers are simply not enough for us to know if you're getting a very high quality diamond.

ASET allows us to see the quality of the light return in your diamond. Here is a great explanation of ASET, don't feel afraid to ask the individual whose selling you the stone for pictures and/or ASET: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ags-grading-system-aset-angular-spectrum-evaluation-tool.30509/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ags-grading-system-aset-angular-spectrum-evaluation-tool.30509/[/URL]

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
numbers look fine :))

if you like it and the price I would go ahead and buy, with the plan to appraise and assess eye-clean to your specifications and return if all does not meet expectations ::)

IceDigger

Rough_Rock
Yes. I know a good jeweler locally which has offered to check it out. The seller told me that it is eye clean with no carbon. I feel good about it with the 14 day 100% money back. He had a 10% re-stocking fee but agreed to waive that because he was sure I will not be returning it. Thanks for the help guys.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IceDigger|1295494182|2827313 said:
Yes. I know a good jeweler locally which has offered to check it out. The seller told me that it is eye clean with no carbon. I feel good about it with the 14 day 100% money back. He had a 10% re-stocking fee but agreed to waive that because he was sure I will not be returning it. Thanks for the help guys.

Get that in writing before you buy, signed and dated

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I agree, the numbers look good, but I am leary of a SI2 that I can't see or see images of. In the end, I agree, if the price fits what you are looking for and there is a return policy, go for it and have it evaluated and look at it yourself. Good luck! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1295494241|2827314 said:
IceDigger|1295494182|2827313 said:

Get that in writing before you buy, signed and dated

Ditto Yssie.

Good luck with the stone! Make absolutely sure the diamond is eyeclean to your specifications once you see it and check it out in as many different lighting conditions as you can. Inclusions can pop out in some lights more than others.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results