shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a gold chain for my JM pendent

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I have been searching for a chain that would marry well with my lovely James Meyer pendant. It came with one of course, but it was too long - I know I could shorten it, but I think I can match the piece better.

So I thought I'd turn to the best bunch of jewellry hounds in the world.

I'm looking for a chain in red or yellowish red gold, needs to be about 14" and I'm hoping not to have to spent tooooo much, so 14 karat is just fine. It needs to be a little more substantial than the one which is pictured, but not so heavy that it detracts from the pendant itself. the pendant has a roman feel to it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help. :wavey:

sighhh.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
LG, everyone's taste is different, but if that lovely pendant were mine, I'd go for a chain that didn't attract the eye, something simple, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-14K-Yello...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item35aeed5e56

or this (longer than you want & probably more than you want to spend, but you get the idea):

http://cgi.ebay.com/14K-Gold-Herrin...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item2a0cea4162

I didn't go through all the listings on eBay but you might find what you want there. Or Etsy.

Good luck! Envy you for getting one of his last things!

--- Laurie

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Re: Please help me find a gold chain for my JM pendant

Laurie thanks for the nice words, I do feel very lucky (even after the cc bill came this week ; )))

I definitely don't want a 'loud' or heavy chain, just something a little heavier that the 1mm one I have which is very plain.

The pendant is quite solid looking and nicely heavy in the hand and I want to wear it in the dip between my collar bones. Before I get the current chain re sized I thought I'd check out what other alternatives there are, but I've trawled a bit and am finding nothing that is quite 'right'. Doesn't help that the vocab is unknown to me - intriguing names.

I'll know it when I see it, and there's no rush. I'm looking for something that works with the piece rather than just being the neutral thing it hangs from. I'd like something fractionally more ornate and thicker with an antique feel. It would also make me feel more secure - if this one catches on anything it could be broken quite easily since it is really fine.

AGBF - I was hoping you might be able to chime in, if you have the time.

Thanks for any advice - I thought I had seen a 'where do you buy your gold chains?' thread but I have searched both within PS and in google to no avail.

A good day (or evening) to all.

El Gee

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Hey there fellow JM lover :wavey:

ok - I am super fussy about my chains (just see my medals, fobs and charms thread to see all the ones I work with) so I totally understand where you are coming from

once you really start looking - there are so many options!!

think rope, figure, cable, rolo, ball, curb... then there are the cuts for the links - ie: flat, round etc etc!!

maybe look on the firemountain gems site??

http://www.firemountaingems.com/chains.asp?navsrc=2

their chain images are very clear and you can at least work out the name of the style you like...??

:wink2:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion, will do.

HBD

Rough_Rock
I think a Byzantine chain would be lovely with your pendant.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks HBD

I'm just posting this to say I found a super resource although I haven't yet ordered anything from them but they sure do have choice!!
http://www.goldchaininternational.com/

So if anyone is in the same boat sometime, this could be a good place to start.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I just wanted to pop in to say how gorgeous this pendant is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results