shape
carat
color
clarity

JKT Blue Zircon Ring in Palladium White Gold

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I didn't realize this thread was open. You know I love the ring.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Largosmom|1295053594|2823128 said:
Well, if you look at the listing on her etsy site, it states 18K Palladium White Gold...I am not sure what the allow mix is, you would have to ask Julia about that. The allow comes out more "steely" looking than regular white gold, and not as white as silver. I believe that it is a cheaper alternative to white gold. If you google "18K Palladium White Gold", you will find more info. I found a photo comparison on one of the links.

Laura

Laura - in the UK palladium is used as a replacement for gold or platinum and as such, a year or two ago, it was allowed to have it's own hallmark. I've got a palladium pair of earrings and they look like platinum but slightly more grey/steel looking as you say. I believe palladium has been used as an alloy with white gold but I've never seen it marketed as Julia has done. In the UK it's either white gold or palladium, never sold (I don't believe) as both. Very interesting and thanks for your input. Enjoy wearing your lovely ring!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1295118583|2823593 said:
Largosmom|1295053594|2823128 said:
Well, if you look at the listing on her etsy site, it states 18K Palladium White Gold...I am not sure what the allow mix is, you would have to ask Julia about that. The allow comes out more "steely" looking than regular white gold, and not as white as silver. I believe that it is a cheaper alternative to white gold. If you google "18K Palladium White Gold", you will find more info. I found a photo comparison on one of the links.

Laura

Laura - in the UK palladium is used as a replacement for gold or platinum and as such, a year or two ago, it was allowed to have it's own hallmark. I've got a palladium pair of earrings and they look like platinum but slightly more grey/steel looking as you say. I believe palladium has been used as an alloy with white gold but I've never seen it marketed as Julia has done. In the UK it's either white gold or palladium, never sold (I don't believe) as both. Very interesting and thanks for your input. Enjoy wearing your lovely ring!

I think it's so people know the WG is nickel free

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results