shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT NEWLY ENGAGED!!!! 1.69 carat H&A RB from Philip Press!!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
Hi!!!

long time no post! (not that i posted all that much anyway...:) :) ) anyhow..!

I'M ENGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

after 7 years! of dating, my wonderful fiance proposed on christmas, 2010 :) in HAWAII. i've never been to the island before, and he took me to the Big Island as a surprise trip. after a day of snorkling and kayaking, we missed the sunset but found a quiet scenic point to look at the city lights far ahead and the night ocean. the sky was clear enough to recount some of the stars we had seen few days prior at the observatory, and after re-living the experience of being out in the middle of the ocean just by ourselves, he proposed! : sniff: ! it was the best christmas present EVER. :love:

i wanted to post earlier but i don't have a camera (...i know) and my now *fiance!* was feeling lazy to take a picture yet.
BUT THEN, my friend came to visit me and one of the first thing she did was to yank my finger away from me and snap a photo of my lovely ring and so! now I can share with you all! (so i only have 1 photo of it...sorry!)

so i've posted my sketch of the design (we designed our own ring and had it custom made by our wonderful wonderful platinumsmith, Philip Press!he did an AMAZING JOB x million!) on here before ( https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ting-antique-art-deco-edwardian-style.151387/- we considered several other vendors, but really, nothing was like philip's platinum and his delicate details.) since then, we've changed the design since then to encorporate fleur-de-lis on the side instead of single pave shank. overall it made the ring thicker and not AS dainty as a single pave would have, BUT I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT. :love: :love: :love:

and i also love the fact that the fleur-de-lis looks like an angel with my other finger covering the bottom little bit of it :D :D :D

without further ado....here's my beautiful beautiful ring that will become (for sure) an heirloom for our future family to come :) :) i cropped it to show just the ring. <3 <3

the beauty in the center is: 1.69 carat, H, VS1, Ex/Ex/Ex GIA cert, HCA 0.9 and i wear size 5.

oh man how i wish i could post all the details from every direction....:( :(
but really, i'm in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE with the ring :D

justTHEring.JPG

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful and congrats!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! it is BEAUTIFUL!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely, congratulations on your engagement! ::)

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Gorgeous heirloom! Congratulations! :love: :love: :love:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What an absolute beauty of a ring--congratulations!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sharp intake of breath: Beautiful ring and wonderful proposal story, thank you for sharing!! Congrats and Best Wishes to you both!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous! And I love love love that it does look like little angels on the side! Congrats and best wishes to you both!!!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, congratulations!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
That is a BEAUTIFUL ring!! Congratulations!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and the setting is soooo pretty!!! :love:

Congratulations on your engagement! Best to you both!

Cachette

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You ring is :love: :love: :love: !!!!

Wear it in great health and happiness. :wavey:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
You 're mean :D ...ONLY one picture ?
You're lucky enough to have one of the most beautiful ring in the world and you can't share pictures...bad bad girl!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous--I too would love more pics of this beauty!

cheers--Sharon

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
Love it :love: Congrats!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
purplesilk|1294430474|2816953 said:
You 're mean :D ...ONLY one picture ?
You're lucky enough to have one of the most beautiful ring in the world and you can't share pictures...bad bad girl!!!

hehehe! sorry I didn't have any more pictures to share before! but, THANK YOU everyone for all the congratulations! <3 <3

and yes yes! I told my Fiance~ (teehee i like saying that) that i needed more photos, and he gave me these that he took before he proposed! :) :) and I just bugged him to take some side profile pictures with his iphone :appl: :appl:

... :( the picture does NOT do the ring justice! (especially the one from the side that he took with his iphone ) but he won't retake the photo...i wish i could show it in person to all of you! :naughty:

oh and fyi, we got our diamond from bluenile! :)

EJRing_philippress_1.JPG

EJRing_philippress_2.JPG

EJRing_philippress_3.JPG

EJRing_philippress_4.JPG

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, WOW, WOW!! Beautiful! Congrats again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is beautiful! I would love to see some more photos, maybe a little farther away for scale. Just post about a billion more!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:
Your ring is beyond gorgeous, thanks for sharing pictures.
Best to you and your fiancé,
Purplesilk

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring!

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
Wow! It's gorgeous! I love the detail. Feel free to post more pics! Congrats!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
okay so i went bit camera crazy on the ring yesterday :D :D :D i hope you guys won't mind!! and i'm also going to be posting my original CAD imaging and my hand drawing of the design :) :) it's gonna be LOTS of pictures!! GET READY!! :D :D

WEEE! :love: :love: :love: :love: i'm falling in love with this guy eveeeeeeeeeery day! Again and AGAIN! :D

THE JOURNEY TO CUSTOM MAKING OUR OWN E-RING :D

1. hand design

it definitely did evolve over time, but the final one that came into life is this one:

final_sketch_profile.jpg

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
we had a really hard time trying to visualize what it might look like from the top. :razz: obviously this is not our profession :) but thankfully we weren't TOO off :razz:

final_sketch_sideview.jpg

fina_sketch_topview.jpg

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
CAD1

Then, next was the CAD image from Philip himself! (...i hope he doesn't mind me sharing this with you)

ejring CAD1.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations it is beautiful!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
CAD2

:) profile view

ejring CAD2.jpg

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
CAD3

this one you can't see it too well...but it was the closest thing he gave us for top view..

ejring CAD4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results