shape
carat
color
clarity

Autism and Vaccines-DEBUNKED!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the links HH. Sadly, I don't think the mentality is going to go anywhere pretty soon. Too many parents heard of this story and even if they did get the vaccines, carefully watched their kids like hawks post-vac. Any sign of anything wrong, and they're quick to blame the vacs for bad/scary reactions that might have just been normal. Many people will still think twice before vaccinating their kids.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully people will start vaccinating again. Can you imagine an MMR outbreak?

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
But HH, can we keep the tinfoil hats?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My coworker's sister got measles as a child and it resulted in encephalitis. The perfectly normal 4 year old is now an adult with severe brain damage who will never be able to care for herself. Very sad.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It's too bad the damage has been done, no way to unring the bell. It's unfortunate that the original study, with a whopping sample size of 12, was not only published by a medical journal but publicized by the media as valuable medical information for parents to consider.

As a parent whose child is not yet fully vaccinated I am uncomfortable exposing my daughter to children I know aren't vaccinated. A woman I rather like has opted not to vaccinate her daughter and I think about it every time we're together.

As a person whose job it is to work with children with autism spectrum disorders, I am hopeful that the parents of these children can lay the guilt they may have felt for vaccinating to rest.

As a member of society, I hope awareness of this information leads people to start vaccinating again, before further damage is done and people needlessly lose their lives to communicable diseases that are absolutely preventable.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppmom|1294338107|2815854 said:
My coworker's sister got measles as a child and it resulted in encephalitis. The perfectly normal 4 year old is now an adult with severe brain damage who will never be able to care for herself. Very sad.

How awful. :blackeye:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
The Penn and Teller anti-anti-vaccine episode this season was fantastic.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
KimberlyH|1294351137|2816056 said:
It's too bad the damage has been done, no way to unring the bell. It's unfortunate that the original study, with a whopping sample size of 12, was not only published by a medical journal but publicized by the media as valuable medical information for parents to consider.

As a parent whose child is not yet fully vaccinated I am uncomfortable exposing my daughter to children I know aren't vaccinated. A woman I rather like has opted not to vaccinate her daughter and I think about it every time we're together.

As a person whose job it is to work with children with autism spectrum disorders, I am hopeful that the parents of these children can lay the guilt they may have felt for vaccinating to rest.

As a member of society, I hope awareness of this information leads people to start vaccinating again, before further damage is done and people needlessly lose their lives to communicable diseases that are absolutely preventable.

There is no way a sample size of 12 is scientifically reliable and representative. It doesn't take a PhD to know that (not even a B.Sc.). But I guess a lot of people don't read the specifics and believe the conclusions, whether they are scientifically sound or not. I feel terribly sad for the children who were not immunized and fell gravely ill. :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results