shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone in Arkansas?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just read a story that has me a little... worried and ... intrigued, seeing as how scientists are trying to blame it on weather. How was the weather New Years Eve just before midnight for you guys?? Anyone near the place where all the birds fell dead?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I read this...100,00 fish also found dead within a certain area besides the 5000 birds. I told my husband that after having the lunar eclipse which gives off a redish hue, the dead birds, the dead fish...brought me back to the movie..7th Sign.... :errrr:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I didn't hear about the fish?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
yes the fish happened about the same time as the birds....very freaky...very 7th Sign-ish

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just looked online. They found over 500 more in Louisiana yesterday.......

ETA - they're finding that it looks like a heavy impact, like all of the birds ran into something. Red winged black birds a) are not generally high fliers, and b) don't generally travel in the thousands like that. They are very common here in Florida.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1294153481|2813956 said:
I didn't hear about the fish?

Yeah, fish dead in arkansas as well!

It was on the google news page, but I didn't read about it till now!

Nothing odd happened here.

Time to max out the credit cards since the world is about to end! :errrr:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just read on website that they're saying the birds were scared by fireworks and flew too low and smashed into houses. The fish thing is unrelated, according to the same site....Time to read up more. I don't believe that thousands of birds could be freaked out by roman candles or whatever and just crash and burn, so-to-speak.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1294164356|2814090 said:
Just read on website that they're saying the birds were scared by fireworks and flew too low and smashed into houses. The fish thing is unrelated, according to the same site....Time to read up more. I don't believe that thousands of birds could be freaked out by roman candles or whatever and just crash and burn, so-to-speak.

Ditto! I don't believe that the "fireworks" would cause thousands of birds to die...at the same time tons of fish do.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll bet they were killed by a test of some new top secret military weapon from some orbiting satellite or high altitude drone.

If so we'll never be told.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read about this the other day as well, weird. What is also strange is since September SE Arkansas has been experiencing multiple small earthquakes a day, about a mile below the surface, very unusual for that area.

Any secret government facilities out there?

The explanation I heard is that the birds got sucked up from a tree in some atmospheric disturbance where they got disoriented and slammed into objects or each other during the occurrence. One thing they seem to agree is that the birds were not poisoned (no evidence) but their internal organs were ruptured, but before they hit the ground.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1294165838|2814115 said:
I read about this the other day as well, weird. What is also strange is since September SE Arkansas has been experiencing multiple small earthquakes a day, about a mile below the surface, very unusual for that area.

I'm too afraid to google and find out. Don't "they" track all that stuff? hahaha

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not secret. Little Rock Air Force Base.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1294166216|2814119 said:

I'm too afraid to google and find out. Don't "they" track all that stuff? hahaha

Indeed, but Secret means Secret, as in no press releases or comments.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I've been watching the news a bit more. Maryland's Chesapeake bay, Hawaii and Brazil are reporting mass fish deaths. Possible weather related? Since we've had crazy weather? Tornadoes, earthquakes, abnormal up and down temperatures? Although again, don't think it caused the birds.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the fireworks explanation is BS. Otherwise locales all over the country would be reporting mass bird deaths every New Years Eve.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1294174052|2814217 said:
I think the fireworks explanation is BS. Otherwise locales all over the country would be reporting mass bird deaths every New Years Eve.

More bird deaths. Louisiana.

Yeah, I too think the fireworks excuse is BS. Birds still chirp away after every 4th of July around here!

The parasites (or whatever) will spread to humans. The Black Plague Pt. 2. (just watched a show on the first one, so it's fresh on the mind! ;-) ETA - oh, wait, it's high altitude for some birds and low altitude (smashing into houses for others) lol Better not fly any time soon. lol

Ugh, I'm betting within a day we'll find Google quits highlighting these articles IF things do turn totally crazy.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MC - I think Parasites are out. All the birds they checked have shown signs of high impact to the chest, as if they ran into something.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1294176420|2814242 said:
MC - I think Parasites are out. All the birds they checked have shown signs of high impact to the chest, as if they ran into something.

Yeah, I was reading something about the impact. (I have no idea why I'm obsessed w/the Black Plague. hahaha Just being silly with that one.)

All this is pretty facinating, though, and will have to keep an eye on it.

Please post more info as you discover additional instances!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Will do

The fish kills seem to be isolated species per area. Brazil was Sardines, Chile was different, Hawaii was snapper, drum in Arkansas. It's fascinating, and creepy. So far the birds are isolated to red winged black birds with a few starlings mixed in.

On a side note, we had 10 wildfires in our area in the last week. This winter weather stuff is getting annoying. Sunday it went from warm to cold, to frost the next morning, to halfway warm again today. ANNOYING.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are also Puffer fish dying in Hawaii.

I'm not very familiar with wild fish, but do have 3 fish tanks. Wild fish must be extremely different b/c in my tanks, when I kept various species together, they'd all catch the disease unless I took the sick one out right away. Wonder why isolated species are dying off while others are okay.

Scary about the wildfires! Stay safe!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
A new one just came up for Florida, fish.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
MC|1294164356|2814090 said:

'
ITTTA...sounds like a lot of BS

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1294174052|2814217 said:

Not if a large flock of birds just happens to fly into the fireworks area at the instant they happen to go off.
Probably quite rare.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i was just telling DH about this & now his mind is spinning. he's into all the conspiracy theory stuff, an avid listener of coast-to-coast, etc. his first response was seismic activity.

to me, this is super freaky & i'm not buying the fireworks excuse. of course, i didn't buy the airplane contrail excuse for the streak acroos the sky in so cal a few months ago :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
There are a few things that defy the fireworks excuse for me.

1) It is quoted in almost every news story that the Arkansas birds are basically being picked up out of people's yards. Fireworks aren't generally set off in neighborhoods due to fire risk.

2) The huge majority of these birds are red winged black birds, which is also the breed in Louisiana, and the breed that a woman found a few dozen of in her yard in Kentucky.

3) The researchers all determined that the birds showed high impact to the chest with massive internal bleeding.

So nope. I'm not buying the fireworks. I don't get dead birds in our area after 4th of July OR New Years, and never have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results