Dust for my aunt!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust to you and your Aunt.

tyty

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Positive thoughts and *DUST* heading out for your aunt!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dust and prayers going out for your aunt.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about this Ltl. I'm thinking good thoughts for your aunt and your family.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LtlFirecracker, I took a peek in your topics thinking I might find a thread on the Richard Homer Spess you referred to in CS today (in the thread I started re. CS Christmas gifts), and I felt so badly when I saw this thread. It's been a month since your aunt's diagnosis and I wanted to send you lots of dust and prayers. I hope things are moving in a positive direction for your aunt.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1293509939|2807634 said:
LtlFirecracker, I took a peek in your topics thinking I might find a thread on the Richard Homer Spess you referred to in CS today (in the thread I started re. CS Christmas gifts), and I felt so badly when I saw this thread. It's been a month since your aunt's diagnosis and I wanted to send you lots of dust and prayers. I hope things are moving in a positive direction for your aunt.

Thanks. I have not herd directly from her, but they are blasting her with chemo. She is really having a rough time. I am not sure when they will see how the cancer is doing.

What gets me is that they placed her radiation tattoos, and then told her she could not loose any weight because they would move them. I have been trying to keep my mouth shut, but I could not on that one. I told my father that was delusional thinking. I mean, chemo is nauseating and causes everything to taste like metal. Do they really think she is going to hold her appetite?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LtlFirecracker|1293590303|2808524 said:
baby nurse|1293509939|2807634 said:

Thanks. I have not herd directly from her, but they are blasting her with chemo. She is really having a rough time. I am not sure when they will see how the cancer is doing.

What gets me is that they placed her radiation tattoos, and then told her she could not loose any weight because they would move them. I have been trying to keep my mouth shut, but I could not on that one. I told my father that was delusional thinking. I mean, chemo is nauseating and causes everything to taste like metal. Do they really think she is going to hold her appetite?

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'm going to pray for your aunt every day.

Wow, that would really make me mad, as well :evil: ! Sometimes they just forget that the patient is a whole human being and not just a body with a diagnosis. How ridiculous to suggest that she not lose weight :rolleyes: You get a 24 hr stomach bug and you lose weight!

As I said, sending you lots of dust and prayers.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1293671085|2809427 said:
I'm really sorry to hear this and I'm going to pray for your aunt every day.

Wow, that would really make me mad, as well :evil: ! Sometimes they just forget that the patient is a whole human being and not just a body with a diagnosis. How ridiculous to suggest that she not lose weight :rolleyes: You get a 24 hr stomach bug and you lose weight!

As I said, sending you lots of dust and prayers.

Thanks, I agree, they are being a bit unrealistic. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers and I know my aunt does too. I will get a status update this weekend. Hopefully things are going better.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
My aunt was sick on Christmas Eve and Christmas (I found out later). Luckily, it turned out to be a viral infection (a cold in other words). I'm glad it wasn't something more.

She had an operation (she has the same kind of cancer your aunt has, before this she had breast cancer) and they weren't able to remove it all.

So she's been having chemotherapy (I don't know how many times that makes it now).

It's a terrible thing. She's been as cheerful and optimistic as can be, as she always has been. I know I wouldn't/ won't if it happens to me have her strength. I lover her so much. I don't want to lose her.

I am sending my thoughts and prayers for your aunt and for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results