shape
carat
color
clarity

Was looking to buy a ring with man made stones.

JayR

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

This is somewhat of a cross post. You can see my other post here.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/look-for-help-with-diamond-and-ring.154202/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/look-for-help-with-diamond-and-ring.154202/[/URL]

If I am interested in blue man made side stones and a earthen center stone and accent stones.

Whats the best way to go about it? Do I order all the pieces separate and have a local jeweler put it all together?

Most settings I see come with the side stones.. If I ordered the setting and sent to DNEA would they swap real diamonds for man made ones? Do the man made diamond vendors do things like that?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,
Kudos to you for choosing lab-grown blue diamonds! A fabulous way to make a special ring stand out.
I'm not totally sure if I'm answering your question here. I can only really give advice on the lab-grown blue diamonds aspect, but from what I can gather you've chosen a setting and a centre stone already? My best suggestion would be to just email Eric at D.NEA Diamonds with as much information as you have about what you want and see what he can do (he gave us such good service and such a great deal that we had him do the whole ring!). I'm sure he can quote you a price on blue diamonds, and in my experience, he will do his very best to help you. I have previously asked if I could send him a stone and have him set it with lab-grown side stones and he was completely willing to do that. He was incredibly patient with us and very helpful and I cannot recommend D.NEA highly enough!

He wrote me a great explanation of the different colours of blue diamonds, btw. It's still posted:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/which-is-the-right-blue-for-me.135953/

Does that help at all?

Good luck!

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I would suggest going one of three routes:
1. If you know of a reputable local jeweler and want to use them, have all the loose diamonds sent to them. The local jeweler can design and assemble the ring.
2. Order the semi-mount (everything but the center diamond) exactly how you want it from one company. You can order the center diamond separately and either have the first company set it, or have a local jeweler set it.
3. Order the mounting, side diamonds and center diamonds all from the same place and have it delivered complete. It sounds like this may not be possible in your case, since we don't have a large enough white diamond available.

I wouldn't recommend swapping out side stones. While it may be fine for an upgrade, when done new, you end up paying twice for the labor and diamonds. The spare diamonds could go into earrings or something like that, but since you are ordering it new, I think it would be better to have the ring designed just how you want it the first time through.

**edited by moderator. please abide by PS policies**

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results