shape
carat
color
clarity

Daydreaming of any particular CS's this holiday season?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I've been dreaming about finding a killer blue sapphire.

I'd really, really like a smallish (maybe just around a half carat) round medium blue sapphire, set into a pave Tiffany Etoile-esqe setting. Here's a link to a JBEG Etoile ring with a diamond centerstone: http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Modern-and-Estate-Pieces/120ctw-T/13160801_nNWZ7#955333809_cZvcQ :love: :love:

Or, a beautiful halo, again, with a killer blue sapphire. Either an oval or a cushion, or maaybe a round.

Since both options include pave, I'm also dreaming of a set of blue sapphire halo studs, along with a matching pendant. And one day I'd also have matching earring/pendant combos to match all of my rings. That's all! *promptly sits down to draft a letter to Santa* :devil:

What about you all? I'd love to hear about what you've been dreaming of/wishing for, whether it is something concrete, a particular stone or setting, or a dream or inspiration!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been going to sleep each night for weeks now imagining my 4.0ct 10mm trillion Tanzanite mounted into a setting inspired by Sushi's gorgeous diamond pear ring (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-engaged-my-1-8-d-vs1-beautiful-pear-e-ring.151918/ -- I have searched and searched for the right setting for the Tanzy and at first I thought I'd do a plain elegant solitaire setting and let the stone speak for itself... but I just can't do it! I finally came across Sushi's pear ring and *bells rang* that was it... It will be the most spendy setting I've done so I need to budget for it, and I'd like fewer diamonds going down the shank so that will help. I know Santa isn't bringing it this year but I am happy I finally know the right setting for that stone.

But I do wish I'd find in my stocking this year an intensely colored Mahenge (a girl can dream, right?)

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If I am dreaming, I wold be quite happy with Litnon's blue tourmaline.

In a more realistic way, there are several interesting cabs I am eyeing (calchecony, opal, turquoise).

But, really, no one ever gives me any stones...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh LadyDisdain, tell me more! Which blue tourm do you covet? There are so many nice ones that I just like to go to their page and dream...I'm still searching for one like ArjunaJane's. I think Peter Torraca has a beautiful one if I remember correctly.

My wish list: 1) of course a blue tourm; 2) a red, red spinel; 3) more sapphires because, you know, you can never have enough, particularly unheated blues and pads; 4) a yellowish gold stone - though I don't know what that would be; and many more (have to leave something for next year)...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was dreaming of that tsav pear Gene had but it sold...

I guess now I"ll just dream happily of my sally projects that will hopefully be underway next year!
I'm going to try to be good next year and not start any new projects...though I'm awfully tempted to go out with a bang and slurge on a big shiny something before new years.. :Up_to_something:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh shoot. This totally reminds me that I wanted a violet stone like AJ's and a blue green like AJ's. Goh. That's what I get for being silly, thinking w/the purchase of the light green I was pretty well satisfied.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I'd hoped to have for Christmas and my birthday (since it's in Jan) was a spessartite garnet. I've been eyeing them since that "spessartitis" thread from the summer. I asked Gene if he had any rough left like the trillion he cut for TL and he said yes. So he cut a couple for me to look at and I kept them both! They're gorgeous! One is a large oval and the other an 8 mm round. I'll take pictures of them soon and start a thread on them.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Babynurse, your garnets are killer! Gorgeous.

I think I might be close to making my 'dream' come true, but not with a blue sapphire. I just pulled the trigger on a second ruby (still waiting on confirmation though)..which I might set into an Etoile-esqe bezeled ring. I'll start a new thread to get feedback in a minute.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results