shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Gems/ Gene Flanigan

Raymond Polichano

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased anything from Gene. How well does he know about colored gemstones

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Gene is wonderful, and his cutting is superb. In my past purchases, he has always answered questions thoroughly and been very honest. I know many others on this forum have bought gems from him as well, in fact, you have to stalk his site pretty actively in order to get anything, his gems typically sell out within a few days of being put online! I have always felt very confident purchasing from him, and since I've never bought any of the pricier items from him, I've never had my gems independently verified because I've never felt the need to.

Really, I can't say enough good things!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I purchased from Gene for the first time about a week ago. Ditto above about his stuff selling quick! I decided to email him bc I wanted a stone that was not in stock. He was quick to answer my questions. He had some rough available that would work and cut a stone and had it to me within a week. I'm new to colored stones as this was my first purchase but I feel like I picked the right vendor since many PSers had gotten beautiful stones from him before and when I got the stone it was exactly what I wanted and cut beautifully!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene is awesome to work with. He cuts beautiful stones, he's trustworthy and his prices are very competitive. At least half of my stones are from him.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought several stones from him and I think he is an awesome cutter. His cuts are among the best ones, no extinction at all. I have two of his stones set, and they perform very well. He has very good return policy, too.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gene custom cut a tsavorite for me. The stone is beautiful. I have found him to be very professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so you're aware, Gene is one of our regular contributors to this forum. There are a large number of very happy customers who have bought from him. I've bought 3 or 4 gemstones from him and they've all been exactly as described and even look better than the photos on his website. His pricing is also very competitive and he's great to work with - so will cut a gemstone for you if he has some rough in stock.

If you want to have more assurances do a search on here and you'll see some of the lovely purchases and reviews.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first stone I got from Gene was a sphene and it is lovely - the cutting is superb and compliments the high RI of the stone. I also got an unheated Burma ruby from him which checked out perfectly.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought several gemstones from Gene, and have been more than pleased with them all; the cutting is exceptional. I have found him to be knowledgeable and very honest - his descriptions on the website are spot-on and the gemstones have been even better IRL than the photos. I would recommend him without hesitation.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have bought from gene. he's an honest vendor.

MoZo

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
risingsun|1293344930|2806118 said:
Gene custom cut a tsavorite for me. The stone is beautiful. I have found him to be very professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Ditto, same custom stone, same experience.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Gene is an amazing man and I've purchased some beautiful gemstones from him. He is honest and knows his stuff!

Lori

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never bought, but I've talked w/him a few times about different things I was interested in and he's always very nice and helpful. The stones I've seen here that he has cut are phenomenal, and I hope to add a Gene stone to my wee collection.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I own only one of his stones, I have met him IRL. Knowledgeable and more importantly, he's an honest and upstanding vendor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results