shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Speedracer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''m a newbie trying to get a fair deal. I had picked a diamond (princess) although no money changed hands, While surfing this site I came accross the AGA GIY cut grader which immediately pointed out a significant flaw on the certificate I got on that diamond (the gemologists had calculated depth using the larger of the 2 widths and had listed depth at 76% instead of the 86% which the calculator spit out. I started doublechecking everything I could and found out a lot of stuff I didnt like about the supposed GG (who is not listed as a GG on the GIA website). Needless to say I cancelled my order and am now badly spooked.

At this point I''ve started dealing with a good buddies family friend and she has a GIA round for a good price while she is looking for another princess and thought I might be interested. I like Round personally so I thought I''d check it out anyway. But there is not enough info to do a HCA so I thought I''d just throw this out and let the experts tell me if I should worry or not

GIA-GTL cert # 0070318602 March 20 2000
GIA10914623 (inscription on stone)
.74 VS2 H
5.76x5.81x3.60
Depth 62.2
Table 59%
girdle thin to slightly thick
polish G
symetry VG
cullet No
florescense No

(FYI it''s going to a Nurse who works in Toronto''s Hospital for Sick Children in the Trama/Neuro ward so I want to get a good one!!)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was the 76% deep piece a round brilliant !?

The other one has quite a bit of girdle variation... but anyway. The one great thing about round brilliants is their brilliance. There are quite a few ways to guess if a particular diamond tops the charts in that regard, but the GIA cert is no very good at it.
read.gif

Why not ask for the rest of the specs? Whoever sent this stone to GIA can ask for their sarin report on the stone, as far as I kknow.

What is the price of this? Matching pieces get listed anywhere from 2k to 3k on the database here. And there are three rounds with Iscope and Sarin available that fall within the range: one 0.79 I'VS2 and one 0.75 H-VS1 And one 0.73 H-Si1 AGS0 that looks promising clarity-wise. There should be others, of course.

Speedracer

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/29/2004 6:38:50 PM valeria101 wrote:

Was the 76% deep piece a round brilliant !?

The other one has quite a bit of girdle variation... but anyway. The one great thing about round brilliants is their brilliance. There are quite a few ways to guess if a particular diamond tops the charts in that regard, but the GIA cert is no very good at it.
read.gif

Why not ask for the rest of the specs? Whoever sent this stone to GIA can ask for their sarin report on the stone, as far as I kknow.

What is the price of this? Matching pieces get listed anywhere from 2k to 3k on the database here. And there are three rounds with Iscope and Sarin available that fall within the range: one 0.79 I'VS2 and one 0.75 H-VS1 And one 0.73 H-Si1 AGS0 that looks promising clarity-wise. There should be others, of course.

----------------

The first one was Princess cut, on the AGA chart 76 is boarderline good. 86 is way out of range (rank is 4b)

price for the round brilliant is 3300 CDN (2600us?)

Does GIA do Sarin analysis? I would be perfectly happy contacting them to get those figures but I didnt realize that was part of their testing regiment. I'm also wondering if anyone here knows of a supplier of Ideal-scopes in Canada... It does'nt seem to be a tool used widely in toronto as most jewelers look blankly when I ask if they have one. I figure a 100$ investment to pick one up myself is a good idea but I dont really have the time to wait for one to be shipped from the states (or Aus for that matter) and cross boarder shopping sucks anyway ...

thanks guys for the welcome!!

r

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Order online and they'll ship to Canada

http://www.ideal-scope.com/

There is a recent camera thread with pics on how to set up a DIY solution for taking macro pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results