shape
carat
color
clarity

Internet Diamond Purchase (2nd try)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rothana

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I would like to get your opinions on this stone, which I will not see before ordering... I am a little concerned about the polish, it not being a true H&A (partial pattern), and the types of flaws on the diamond... Here are the stats:

GIA CERT
Weight: 1.14 carats
Measurements: 6.75-6.77 x 4.11
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.8
Table: 56
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluoreacence: None

There seems to be 2 clouds and 1 needle... Do clouds block light and thus lower the brilliance?

Thanks!

giapicsnap.jpg

rothana

Rough_Rock
Sorry forgot the crown and pavilion angles:

Crown Angle: 34.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.2

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
In a VS stone you shouldn't be able to see the inclusions with your naked eye. Even if you could yours seem to be positioned where a prong could cover them. I don't think those type of inclusions will affect the diamonds sparkle anyway.

pavillion slightly shallow light leakage out of pavillion,inclusions close to girdle, vs2 not noticible without loop. why r u concerned about the polish? it says its very good in your info! no fluorecence so should not appear milky white in appearence as this sometimes happens in top colours and also affects the price of diamonds , all in all not a bad stone.CLOUDS sometimes block the return of light to the eye if big enough and positioned in the center of the stone but with your diamond i dont think this will be the case!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i think i remember reading somewhere (GOG's site maybe?) that it would be very tough for you to notice a difference between VG and EX polish with your naked eye.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Ask the vendor to confirm it's eye clean for your peace of mind, then forgetaboutit! You're going to be pleasantly suprised.

You can also go to White Flash and look at their ACA SI1 stones. You can compaire the magnified pics vs. the AGS plots. Plots look bad but the pics and actual stones are great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results