shape
carat
color
clarity

platinum vs. white gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/11/2004 10:59:54 AM MelissaSue wrote:

I had a jeweler (one that I will never go back to) tell me, when I said I wanted a white gold e-ring 'Okay, but just so you know, it will start to turn yellow in 3 months.' I was like.. How stupid do you think I am, really? That pretty much lead me to believe that any jeweler who tries that hard to convince me to buy platinum is a liar.. because.. every other jeweler i've gone to has told me white gold is an excellent choice, as has my entire family.

Buy platinum if you have the extra cash.. but its not worth it to me..
Melissa----------------
Melissa,

Some people are better at working with people than others. Sounds like your former jeweler had a problem with people not making his choice their choice.

I have clients who love platinum. I have clients who love white gold. Know what, they are both right, for them. I believe that a good jeweler should be able to explain the pros and the cons for all of the choices that he has available and then stand back and let you make your choice based on your wants and needs.

I sincerely hope your current jeweler has a better attitude. Enjoy your white gold jewelry, it IS an excellent choice.

Wink

dawn em

Rough_Rock
wavey.gif
Hi, I recently purchased a platinum setting. I decided to do so after I looked at an old wedding set that is a very yellow white gold. I do have a 50's anniversary band in platinum and have gotten used to the patina. Good luck

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
I plan on going with platinum for my e-ring and wedding band; however using 90% platinum and 10% iridium. Most jewelers use 95% platinum and 5% iridium. I understand that the 90/10 combination is stronger and scratches less. Also, I had a bad experience with white gold, it yellowed on me too frequently...I mean like one month after I had it re-rhodiumed. I was told that white gold rings tend to yellow sooner on people with high acidity in their body. I think that I may be one of those with high acidity!

GraffixGirl

Rough_Rock
Hi, Recently my boyfriend and I did a lot of research on whether platinum vs. white gold and which was better. We ended up going with 19k gold as the jeweller we chose recommended this and gave us many reasons why. Here is a website that I found that may help you in your decision. If you want the look of "true white" without a lot of maintenance, I would suggest 19k white gold is your best option. Here is the website. Hope it helps.
http://www.britton.com/learning_materials.php

Graffixgirl
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results