shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to decide today!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aj55

Rough_Rock
hi guys,been on this forum for a while now and have looked at quite a few stones. I am in the crunch now and have decided to go with a

AGS IDEAL SF1 F .664cts

5.58-5.60*3.46

Depth 61.9%
Table 56%
Pavillion Angle 40.8
Crown Angle 34.9
Girdle 1.6 to 2.1

HCA 1.5
AGA 1A

Can anyone help me with the positives and negatives of this stone. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch,

AJ

headlight

Ideal_Rock
If it got a 1.5 as well as a 1A, I don't know what the concern is. Have you seen photos? Brilliancescope? Have you seen it in person? What is the return policy? Are you going to take it to an independent appraiser? I think you just need your own eyes to see it in person to confirm its beauty.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
AJ, a 1A cut with 1.5 HCA score should be a visual winner.

Provide your pricing if you want opinions on the deal

Maybe also ask for an idealscope/firescope image from your vendor so we can see the symmetry and any obvious cut issues.

aj55

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replies. heres more info.

Price$2580 USD

Im in Canada and have seen it in person, also there is no brilliance scope. How is the diameter?

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
When I used the search but cut tool, you appear to have a good price and the diameter looks comperable to other low HCA stones of your carat. Plus your HCA score showed a "very good" spread.

buy, buy, buy

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/25/2004 4:48:13 PM aj55 wrote:

Can anyone help me with the positives and negatives of this stone. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch,

AJ----------------

negatives... negatives... hmmm... gimme a minute.....
nope sorry - couldn't come up w any negatives
2.gif

sounds like a winner aj!!
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, just had to tell ricardo that i love the new avatar! best christmas movie of all time
9.gif
RALPHIE!!!!!

aj55

Rough_Rock
bump...

Todd07

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 9/25/2004 7:02:52 PM KBerly wrote:

sorry, just had to tell ricardo that i love the new avatar! best christmas movie of all time
9.gif
RALPHIE!!!!!
----------------

Mine too! Like Ralphie, my mom had me chew on a bar once. I quickly learned never swear in earshot again
Up_to_something.gif

(edited to add)

AJ, there is nothing to complain about with what you've shared.

You may want to read the actual cert so you see where the inclusions are and the cert comments.

Can your vendor take a firescope/idealscope image? This would help confirm you have a great stone or identify any cut problems. If they can't maybe you should be the 25$ model sold here.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hi AJ55,

If I read this right, the stone is an SI1 clarity. Those are usually great buys, but you should check out the details. Find out where, what type and what color the inclusions are. What is the "grade making" inclusion? Can they send you magnified pictures, & is it eye clean from not only the top but the sides, etc....

The cut looks very nice, so check out the clarity just to make sure there are no surprises. Every once in a while someone gets what is supposed to be an eye-clean SI stone to find they can see the inclusions and it bugs them.

Gotta love that F color!

jesrush

Rough_Rock
One possible negative could be the variances behind those crown & pavillion averages. For example, crown is 34.9 (average), but is the range that produced that average 33-36 (not good) or 34.5-35.1 (much better)?

Usually when they run a sarin, they can also give you the variances.

OR

you can look at an optical analysis tool like an idealscope to confirm that the light return is ok (and therefore the variances are fine).

-JES

aj55

Rough_Rock
hi guys thanks for all the replies, i will just ask 1 more time for some more opinions. I am very nervous bout the whole process. The store has a return policy and i have seen it.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock

aj55

Rough_Rock
bump....bought the diamond...is being appraised...should have it back by tuesday....have until saturday to return it.....any more thoughts would be awesome.

thanks,

aj

aj55

Rough_Rock
bump

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
aj-

I found that whenever I posted questions about great stones, I got very few replies. When somoene posts horrible specs, every member of the forum is falling all over themselves replying with better suggestions.

So, take the silence as a universal nod of approval that you have evidently done your homework and picked out a FABULOUS diamond. Now stop worrying, it'll be GORGEOUS!!!
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Ditto to what Q said

Now it just has to pass the Appraisal and your eye test
3.gif
. Let us know if the Appraiser says anything interesting
eek.gif
then post the pics
appl.gif

aj55

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, i got the stone appraised w/o the setting. it came back good. am now going to get it mounted. Soooooooooooo b4 i do this can the experts chime in 1 more time.

Thanks,

Aj

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Chime in one more time about what???

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
aj, you've seen it & liked it enough to purchase it & have it appraised... it appraised well & you're moving ahead w the mounting - stop looking back & look fwd to seeing the finished ring & the BIG smile
9.gif
on her face!!
2.gif
I'm sure it'll look FAB
appl.gif

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Yea, you'll have to give us more details on the appraisal if you want new comments
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results