carat
color
clarity

Jeff White is GIVING a gemstone away!!!

AFlyOnTheWall

Rough_Rock
Trade
Seriously! I just read it in his newsletter...check it out:

New Jewelry Gallery coming to the site, and we need your help! - Clients have done some really amazing things with our gemstones, and you have sent us some incredible photos of the finished pieces. In an effort to show others what can be done with custom-cut gems and to provide a place for you to showcase your finished projects online, I am developing a Jewelry Gallery section for the site. To get things started, I am soliciting submissions from my loyal Gem Scoop subscribers. All you have to do is submit photos of your finished pieces created using gems from JL White Fine Gemstones, along with a little info about the piece itself. The best part? You might just get something in return in addition to having your work featured on the site!

To encourage you to get those photos sent in (or to take some great photos if you haven't already), I'm giving away a free gem to one lucky participant! Everyone who submits a photo for addition to the new gallery will be entered to win a free gemstone, to be custom-cut as you see fit. There are two pieces of rough to choose from, and the Members Area has more information on the specific pieces in question. Each separate piece of jewelry that you submit will earn you a chance to win.

Please send photos to [email protected]. Please provide files that are as large as possible in resolution, so that they will appear sharp online. Also, please include as much of the following as possible:

1) stone(s) type
2) size(s)
3) pertinent details of the finished piece of jewelry
4) information about the designer (so that they may receive credit for their work).

In addition to photos you take yourself, vendor-supplied photos are acceptable as well. Please note that it may not be possible to include all entries in the Gallery. However, all entrants will be eligible to win the free gem. Winner will be chosen by computer-based random selection. Deadline to be eligible for the gem giveaway is December 31, 2010.

:appl: I don't know about you but I'm over here doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!! :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I'm so bummed that only people who already own gems from Jeff are eligible. It seems kind of wrong. Shouldn't raffles like this give others a chance?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
um, i think this is a way of rewarding actual customers who have done business with him. seems reasonable to me....and i don't have one of his stones.

MoZo

eta: note that it is an incentive to get people to participate and allow their projects to be featured. again, seems reasonable to me.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1292998059|2803507 said:
um, i think this is a way of rewarding actual customers who have done business with him. seems reasonable to me....and i don't have one of his stones.

MoZo

eta: note that it is an incentive to get people to participate and allow their projects to be featured. again, seems reasonable to me.

Ditto, though I am biased as I've contributed a picture. However I wish it wasn't just finished jewelry (makes sense though) because I've only set one of the stones I've gotten from him! Here's my contribution:

PC210079.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm not lucky enough to have one of his gems (yet!) but think it's a great way to get pics of what customers have done w/his stones. It gives ideas to people browsing his site -- and pretties to look at even if you're not buying!

--- Laurie

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's quite the cool offer. I am actually in the process of trying to buy my second Jeff White gem, and he has been nothing but wonderful while trying to help me find the exact perfect stone I've been trying to hunt down.

I just sent him a pic of my asscher peridot that I finally had set this month.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I submitted my asscher pink spinel and Loliondo spessartite pictures to JW a few weeks ago, and can’t wait to see what others have done with their JW precision cut stones.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I'm just grumpy because I can't participate. I probably will never own one of his stones, because he's way more expensive than some of our other favorite gem cutters. So it would be nice to have a chance to win a free one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results