shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Aqua Blue diamond Halo

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted anything, but I have been around lurking. Last summer, my husband took me on a cruise to the Caribbean and I just fell in love with the blue diamonds I saw. However, they were just too low grade for me, meaning many were SI 2 and I could see many inclusions with my scope. I also found the prices inflated.
So I waited. A few months after we returned, I found a blue diamond (irridated but I don't care) halo ring. It is in a replica Ritani Endless love setting. The blue is aqua and looks like the Caribbean Ocean with greeny blue colouring. It was hard to take pictures as my camera is getting old and does not capture the amazing colour and sparkle of this ring.

Here is the stats:
Aqua blue diamond (irridated colouring only)
VS 1 (can only find a very small feather with my 20X scope)
6mm X 6 mm
.76. ctw

Side diamonds VS F .59 ct

Total 1.35 ctw
It is also a heavy ring weighing in at 6.5 g
THis thing sparkles and changes blue tones in different light.
Sorry the pictures don't capture its beauty enough.

I am wearing it with my miligrain no matchy band that I just love.

Pricescope1.jpeg

Prices2.jpeg

price3.jpeg

Price6.jpeg

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Here is some pictures from my phone. Again not great but can give you a sense of the bling factor. The diamond seems dark in all the pictures ,but it really is not. It sparkles and shows a lot of fire with yellows, greens and blues. Just like the Caribbean ocean.
Every time I look at it, it reminds me of this amazing trip.

Price7.jpg

Price8.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's really stunning. The sunlight photo is TDF.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have one, too! Mine is a .92 irradiated blue diamond from Cozumel, Mexico. We bought ours on a cruise (Royal Caribbean, Enchantment of the Seas) we took back in 2008. I attached a photo of it loose. It's a radiant cut and is completely eye-clean. I brought it home and had my jeweler set it in platinum with 2 trillion cut side stones (.40 ctw). Please excuse my yellowish photos. My camera is not accurate. The stones are colorless, I assure you (F-G, VS2). It's my summer right hand ring. Every summer I wear it I get to remember the first cruise we took. 8)

Caribbean_Enchantment.jpg

CaribbeanEnchantmentRing.JPG

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, these rings are GORGEOUS!! I want one!!!

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Tanzigirl,

Your blue diamond is magnificent. I wish I could take better pictures of mine. My blue looks very similar to yours. It totally reminds me of my vacation to Grand Caymen. Thank you for sharing yours. I love the setting with the two trillion cuts on either side. :razz:

If there are any more I would love to see them. We can share all our blue beauties.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ladies!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Morganlefay, I love your ring and your user name, thats awesome! I really like the color of irradiated blue diamonds, that green, blue , slate mixture is lovely and your setting is perfect, the band is gorgeous also, what a great combo!

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
I tried to take some better pictures of the ring this morning trying to capture the blue colour of it. I was able to get a little fire in the gloom of the rain. I hope you all love it. This morning I went to renew my car insurance to a friend. He stopped me on the way out to change my plates and grabbed my hand asking me about the ring. He loved it. He said his wife would love a ring like that with a blue diamond. I have never had a guy grab my hand to look at one of my rings before. LOL :lol:

P1040160.JPG

P1040171.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morganlefay, I really love your ring!! That shade of blue is just gorgeous, and your set has such a nice presence on your hand. It's a very special piece, enjoy it!

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
I was at the Hair dressers today getting myself pretty for the Christmas parties. The lighting in the salon made my new baby sparkle. I used my Palm Pre so the images are blurry but you can see the sparkle and fire. Enjoy it I sure did. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all on pricescope. =)

bluebeauty1.jpg

bluebeauty2.jpg

bluebeauty3.jpg

bluebeauty4.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I had my husband get some better photos of my blue diamond ring. The side views show its lovely platinum tulip setting

BlueDiamondRingTop.jpg

BlueDiamondSideView.jpg

TulipSetBluediamond.jpg

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
I love your shots. It is such a beautiful stone. Don't you just love the blue colour. I hope you had a nice christmas holiday.
Thank you for sharing your ring as well.
I am totally in love with blue diamonds. :love:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love blue diamonds! I read somewhere that the blue diamond was the gemstone of 2010. I cannot for the life of me find that source again, though. It definitely was the stone of the year in my book. =) I don't see many of them around, and when I do, in the US at least, they seem to be very very small and worked into a setting with white diamonds. Usually melee sized blue diamonds. It is fairly unusual, in my experience, to see sizable stones like yours and mine as the focal point in a piece of jewelry. Fun, aren't they?!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a really great RHR. It's a very pretty, happy color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results