shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who've undergone home renovations...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins1|1292327965|2796415 said:
pennquaker09|1292307324|2796364 said:
Now that I have a visual, I can see why you want to change some things, and I do agree. The oven is definitely in the wrong place. I'm generally not a fan of having the sink in plain view, which is why I tend to hate open floor plans, but I don't understand why the previous owners didn't put the sink in the island. Also, the fridge is too far away from the sink. The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was that the work triangle needed to be tweaked.

With all of that said, I do think the entire room is pretty.

Just curious, but what do you mean about the sink being in "plain view"? Is your sink hidden?

If you look at her photos, do you see how the island has a raised bar area? That's the ideal place for the sink because when guests look into the kitchen, they wouldn't see it. I guess it's not a big deal for people that never have dirty dishes in the sink, but I know I personally will look in the kitchen and say, those can wait until I get up in the morning. In my own personal kitchen, you can see the sink if you walk into the kitchen, but not really from the living room.

For that reason, I also prefer a deep one bowl sink.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
NEL, I was just in a friend's bathroom and was admiring the old tiles. She said that they were originally turquoise (1940s) but she had them reglazed and the claw footed tub reglazed as well for under $600 (and her tub is freaking huge). I don't know if your tile is in good shape, but she had nice tiles, just the wrong color. It looks like a new bathroom, I was in shock. It doesn't address the size issue you have at all, but if you are making do...I am just floored by how good this looked. Apparently there are a bunch of glaziers in Medford and Saugus who are pretty cheap these days...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results