shape
carat
color
clarity

What's Your SIGN? And Does It Fit YOU?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Are you into astrology? Do you believe it? Or is it just wishful thinking, especially the “characteristics” of each sign?

Let’s try an experiment. I have 12 sets of characteristics below, taken from some well-regarded astrology sites. Please pick which one you think most closely fits you and post the number and your actual sign. Feel free to take a guess about other PSer's who are following the thread.

After we get a good number of posts, I will tell you if you are right! :appl:

1) Vision, intellect and humanity. They are determined to make the world a better place and to help everyone they can along the way. They are truly the trailblazers of the zodiac.

2) Initiative, courage and determination. These folks love to get things going and are fearless along the way. Their dynamism and competitive spirit add considerably to any of their endeavors.

3) Stability, loyalty and dogged determination. Blank- want to get the job done, and they will. What better way to get the riches they so fervently crave?

4) Ability to communicate effectively and to think clearly. Adventures of the mind are what the Blank- are all about. They also love to share themselves with their friends, and they make for charming companions.

5) Tenacity with which they protect their loved ones. These folks don't ask for much, either: a comfortable home and sense of peace about sums it up. It's that nurturing instinct which makes Blank- a pleasure to be with.

6) Creativity, idealism and leadership. Blank- don't lack for ambition, either, so they're likely to accomplish a lot -- and have fun while they're at it. Their warmth and loyalty ensures that others will enjoy the ride as well.

7) Practicality, sharp mind and attention to detail. When merged with their willingness to serve, Blank-become essential helpmates. They can be picky -- so what?

8) Quest for fairness, peace and harmony. That the Blank- are the great diplomats of the zodiac further helps their case. A beautiful journey this will be, thanks to the Blank-'s inimitable sense of style.

9) Determination, passion and motivation. Blank- don't know the word quit, which is why they usually get the job done. A powerhouse? Like no other.

10) Philosophical, wide-open and curious nature. These folks seek both knowledge and truth, and they are eager to share their explorations with others. Their optimistic and generous spirit makes them a pleasure to have around.

11) Their willingness to work hard and their determination to succeed. Their ambition is boundless, yet they are cautious, responsible and always play fair. That's why their successes are all the more sweet.

12) Compassionate and charitable nature. These folks love to help others and do so in the most imaginative of ways. It's their feeling sensibility that wins people over.

(note to self, find more productive way to spend lunch . . . :lol: )

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll bite...

I think #7 fits me. I'm a libra.

Edit - and whats your sign iLander???

Edit again because I'm putting off my housework...TGal, I'm an OX...looks like that fits me too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun, iLander!

I'm not big into astrology, but get amusement now and then. I've been told I'm definitely a sag. Part of it is that my chinese sign - rat - is the eastern counterpart to the sag. Double whammy, and I find most of the qualities are me.

I would pick 11 as probaby being most "me" now (because I am more cautious, but that's not typically a sag trait), but would say 2, 6 and 9 also fit.

For fun, here is the characteristics for Rat. I found this on a usbridal site and it's got a lot of fun info. I have to link to the rat page, but you can go to your sign from there (the main page wouldn't work for me.)

http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Rat.htm

The RatBeing born a Rat is nothing to be ashamed of. In China, the Rat is respected and considered a courageous, enterprising person. It is deemed an honor to be born in the Year of the Rat and it is considered a privilege to be associated with a Rat. Rats know exactly where to find solutions and can take care of themselves and others without problems. They use their instinctive sense of observation to help others in times of need and are among the most fit of all the Animal signs to survive most any situation.

The Sign of the Rat
Being born under this sign determines many talents, as well as other characteristics that may not be so commendable. Rats are very lively and need a lot of mental and physical stimulation. They can be calm and perceptive, but sometimes their brains can cause a mental restlessness, tempting them to take on too much, only to discover they are unable to meet their commitments. Rats are blessed with one of the best intellects going. Add to their intelligence a curiosity and a bright imagination, and they seem as sharp as a needle.

The sign of the Rat is the first sign in the cycle giving Rat people exude great leadership qualities and are good at taking the lead. They don't mind a lot of responsibility and they demonstrate a strong presence that other people respect. For those with the Rat nature, status and monetary satisfaction are the greatest motivation.

CHARACTERISTICSSmart, Magnetic, Well-liked, Affable, Quick-witted, Surreptitious, Selfish, Protective, Calculating

I'm actually a water Rat.
THE WATER RAT 1912 AND 1972
Being guided by the Water element means these Rats have a knack for influencing people. With their strong intellectual powers and great insight, they are also great puzzle solvers. They are quick to understand others and are incredibly practical people. Rats apply their talents to their everyday lives, making them obliging, generous and compassionate to other people. Generally, they are liked and respected by everyone. Like all Rats, however, they can be determined to seek their own gain, and will not mind using these talents to achieve it - though generally without losing anyone's respect in doing so.

SAGITTARIAN RAT
Sagittarian Rats sail through life and couple wisdom with perceptive. They can spot an opportunity a mile away, and are quick to act on it. Generally, these Rats are lucky but they have itchy feet.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am an Aquarius, and I think #6 describes me best.

Tgal - Amelia is also a rat. My SIL is a water rat too, but that doesn't fit her at all.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki|1292437299|2797650 said:
I am an Aquarius, and I think #8 describes me best.

Tgal - Amelia is also a rat. My SIL is a water rat too, but that doesn't fit her at all.

Yes, she is. We are a rat family. TGuy is also a rat. We should be prosperous. :cheeky:

Oddly, I have no idea what her western sign is...her birthday is April 1. Off to look it up!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I am Pisces and I think I'm number 6 ;-)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1292436968|2797645 said:
Fun, iLander!

I'm not big into astrology, but get amusement now and then. I've been told I'm definitely a sag. Part of it is that my chinese sign - rat - is the eastern counterpart to the sag. Double whammy, and I find most of the qualities are me.

I would pick 11 as probaby being most "me" now (because I am more cautious, but that's not typically a sag trait), but would say 2, 6 and 9 also fit.

For fun, here is the characteristics for Rat. I found this on a usbridal site and it's got a lot of fun info. I have to link to the rat page, but you can go to your sign from there (the main page wouldn't work for me.)

http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Rat.htm

The RatBeing born a Rat is nothing to be ashamed of. In China, the Rat is respected and considered a courageous, enterprising person. It is deemed an honor to be born in the Year of the Rat and it is considered a privilege to be associated with a Rat. Rats know exactly where to find solutions and can take care of themselves and others without problems. They use their instinctive sense of observation to help others in times of need and are among the most fit of all the Animal signs to survive most any situation.

The Sign of the Rat
Being born under this sign determines many talents, as well as other characteristics that may not be so commendable. Rats are very lively and need a lot of mental and physical stimulation. They can be calm and perceptive, but sometimes their brains can cause a mental restlessness, tempting them to take on too much, only to discover they are unable to meet their commitments. Rats are blessed with one of the best intellects going. Add to their intelligence a curiosity and a bright imagination, and they seem as sharp as a needle.

The sign of the Rat is the first sign in the cycle giving Rat people exude great leadership qualities and are good at taking the lead. They don't mind a lot of responsibility and they demonstrate a strong presence that other people respect. For those with the Rat nature, status and monetary satisfaction are the greatest motivation.

CHARACTERISTICSSmart, Magnetic, Well-liked, Affable, Quick-witted, Surreptitious, Selfish, Protective, Calculating

I'm actually a water Rat.
THE WATER RAT 1912 AND 1972
Being guided by the Water element means these Rats have a knack for influencing people. With their strong intellectual powers and great insight, they are also great puzzle solvers. They are quick to understand others and are incredibly practical people. Rats apply their talents to their everyday lives, making them obliging, generous and compassionate to other people. Generally, they are liked and respected by everyone. Like all Rats, however, they can be determined to seek their own gain, and will not mind using these talents to achieve it - though generally without losing anyone's respect in doing so.

SAGITTARIAN RAT
Sagittarian Rats sail through life and couple wisdom with perceptive. They can spot an opportunity a mile away, and are quick to act on it. Generally, these Rats are lucky but they have itchy feet.

TravelingGal, you and I are the exact same everything!!!! I'm also a Water Rat (Sagittarrius). The description fits me to a T.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
jayson's mom, how fun is that! And even though you're not Korean, you married one, so we've got even more in common, hee!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I'm a Taurus and my chinese sign is Ox. Can you say horns??

I think #3 fits the Taurus description.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Ill take a bite at this.Im going to say im a 2 and a 7. Both fit my personality pretty well, and im a Leo/Virgo.....right on the cusps of both.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Without looking at the other posts...

I have gone with #3 or #12, I can't pick one! I'm a sagittarius...and very close to a scorpio.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a Libra, which I think is #8.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I think maybe 6 fits best. I'm a scorpio. I'm not one for astrology, but it can be fun.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
2 describes me well

I am Aries.... it's probably not correct, but 2 still describes me.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a Libra, which I think is described in #4.

I think #6 best describes me, although they are all such wonderful, complimentary descriptions that I'd be happy to claim any of them. :bigsmile:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
#3 I think. I'm a Scorpio.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly--I love the quote at the bottom of your posts.

I'm a metal monkey in the Chinese horoscope:
METAL MONKEY Horoscope
Feb 20, 1920 to Feb 7, 1921
Feb 16, 1980 to Feb 4, 1981

Monkey people, on their merry way to becoming famous, like to strew memorable bits of impishness and practical jokes along the way. Lots of fun, they also possess a serious side and influence a good many people throughout their lifetime. They know how to accomplish the most difficult of tasks with the greatest of enthusiasm, concentration, and ease. Even so, they can easily get discouraged and confused and MUST do things their way! They often become great mathematicians, super chess players, researchers, entrepreneurs or scientists. And, great mentors! Monkeys have a burning passion for knowledge of every kind and they magically are surrounded by the finer things in life. Life is a big adventure!
-----------------------
That doesn't really describe me. Impish? Yes. Mathematician/chess player/scientist? Heck no.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I think #4 and #10 fit me, and I'm a Sagittarius as previously stated.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
anchor31|1292438415|2797668 said:
I'm a Taurus and my chinese sign is Ox. Can you say horns??

I think #3 fits the Taurus description.

I'm also a Taurus and thought #3 fit my personality best. My Chinese sign is the rooster, or the...

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a Libra and I think 10 fits me pretty closely. I'm also a Fire Tiger in the Chinese horoscope.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think astrology is a load of hooey, personally. I think it's too easy to look for the positives and similarities in a horoscope and overlook the ways it's totally wrong. Just because you agree with 50% of the stuff doesn't mean it's right or has predictive powers.

I'm a Pisces, but nothing I have read about them is remotely similar to my personality. I'm pretty much the complete opposite of my sign.

I most closely fit #7 or 10.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a Gemini and I think #4 fits me the best.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I'm a Libra which I think is described in 8, but I think 10 suits me best. Although, number 9 is a close second.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun!

Hmmm, I'm not sure which # one I'd be. I'll go with #11. I'm a Scorpio, by the way.

I usually read about how Scorpios are stubborn, and while I definitely am, I don't think I actually believe in astrology. It's fun to read about and see whether my personality fits the description(s) given, but I don't follow the stars or anything like that.

I wonder if I guessed right. My second guess would be #7.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Chinese sign is the ox. Some characteristics they listed from TGal's link fit me and others didn't. I should check out the others and see if I was born in the wrong year. :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
ilander...reveal please!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
.[/quote]

I'm also a Water Rat (Sagittarrius). The description fits me to a T.[/b[/quote]

I'm also a water rat (and my b-day is this saturday :)). About 2/3 of the traits (I feel) fit me. Maybe more do... I don't know.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm not quite ready to do the big reveal, I'd like to get a few more guesses first.

Okay, this turns out to be more interesting than I thought it would be! :appl:

Here's the tally so far:

6 of you picked your correct sign. :appl:

11 of you picked the wrong sign. ;-)

4 of you (who provided a bunch of answers) are correct with one of your picks. :)

We need someone who passed statistics to figure out how this compares to a completely random selection.

Interestingly, 3 of the correct guesses were from the same sign. Do they know themselves better than the rest of us?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1292452951|2797945 said:
I'm not quite ready to do the big reveal, I'd like to get a few more guesses first.

Okay, this turns out to be more interesting than I thought it would be! :appl:

Here's the tally so far:

6 of you picked your correct sign. :appl:

11 of you picked the wrong sign. ;-)

4 of you (who provided a bunch of answers) are correct with one of your picks. :)

We need someone who passed statistics to figure out how this compares to a completely random selection.

Interestingly, 3 of the correct guesses were from the same sign. Do they know themselves better than the rest of us?

OOoo!!!! Im interested, way to keep me on my toes :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results