shape
carat
color
clarity

what's your hubby/bf buying you for Christmas?

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Jessie702|1292044946|2794038 said:
Opps and i meant to add, im gonna get a few cans of squid and Octopus....i hate seafood and fish, but he loves it. He loves to eat it straight out of a can, not even cooked :shock:

I might have to steal that idea. :)

He sorta hinted that I might be getting pearls, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. He's a Disney fanatic, so I got him an Olszewski heirloom box. I also got him a bottle of Creed Irish Tweed.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea. Usually I have a few ideas about what he is getting me, and one is right. But this year he has given me no hints....

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
DH is getting a beer holster, a hockey jersey from our alma mater (or 2, though I have 3 currently, which is a long and expensive story!) and a video card for his PC (an upgrade). I was going to get him Rock Band 3 and the new wireless keyboard for PS3, but he specifically asked for the video card, so I obliged.

I don't know what he's getting me. I threw out a lot of suggestions, mostly jewelry, maybe a wii, some cd's... I'm really nesting these days, but I think it's so boring to ask for gift cards or house stuff, and I can't decided what I want anyway. Wii could be fun because I could play online with my family, but I'm not really into video games. I'd wear jewelry more often... I'll be happy with whatever. I really want some brown knee or over the knee boots, but I don't want someone else to choose them. *sigh*

I'm pretty sure my dad is getting me a Kindle, and SOME lucky member of my family is allegedly getting an iPad that my sister spotted! :-o Stay tuned for that one! :read:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1292279716|2795917 said:
slg47|1292274880|2795870 said:
I asked for a SF Giants jacket :) sadly I can't find the women's version online and the men's small is a little big so I am debating whether or not to keep it

:nono: :lol: :D

I like this series of emoties :razz:

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Looks like there are some great gifts here!

Hubby got me a graphics card and a power supply and surprise I don't know about.

I got him Firefly the Complete Series on Blu-Ray, Boondock Saints on Blu-ray, Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii and a few small stocking things. He asked for Donkey Kong and he knew I looked at Boondock saints but Firefly is a surprise! I am excited for him to open them! :twirl:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CaliSun|1292311086|2796383 said:
I have my eye on this sparkly Swarovski necklace and dropped some pretty major hints....

http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/993484/product/Gloria_Light_Sapphire_Set_.html

Crystal, I know - - but still sparkly!

My hubby is super fun and easy to shop for, so I've been picking up things for him here and there. Like a page a day baseball calendar, backissues of some collector's mag he likes...

My best friend has that in purple! It's beautiful :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm getting DH a book and the kids and I are giving him a video game. He's getting an iPad soon so I don't want to spend very much since that will be his belated b-day/Christmas gift.

My b-day is Saturday and I'm not even sure if he's getting me anything for that or for Christmas!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last few years by agreement we have gotten each other small gifts (stocking stuffers) for each other. The last "blow out" we did was my 2007 earrings.

This year (well last year too) I really wanted a Wii. So when the price went down and I had some gift credit I ordered one. I was in the kitchen quietly telling my husband (thinking that that could be the "Santa" gift) when he got mad and said he was going to get me that for Christmas and that I "bought my own gift".
That took me by totally by surprise because, it's not like him. We haven't bought expensive gifts in years and just last year when I brought up wanting one he made fun of me, so obviously not a fan. He also never comparison shops and only shops on the last minute on (not the best way to buy electronics).
Unfortunately little ears were listening and heard about the Wii, so the Santa idea is shot. I told him he can consider that my Christmas gift as I'm the one who wants it. He told me he really wants an ipod he can put all his music on, so I'm getting him an ipod classic (160GB).

So, different than usual, in that they are expensive electronic gifts we know about ahead of time.
I'm still looking forward to breaking out the Wii ... :Up_to_something:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC he better get you something for your birthday! Even if it's flowers or another fish. I hate when my birthday is not recognized (yes, has happened a couple times).

Rezi

Rough_Rock
Nothing. We are not exchanging gifts.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
lulu66|1292022087|2793723 said:
so far, i know i'm getting a kindle case from him (my mom is getting me a kindle) and maybe something else. we shall see...

he's getting the portable XM satellite radio receiver (XMp3i). he's wanted it for a while, and i've put it off & put it off b/c i'm just not sure how much he'll use it & the reviews are only so-so. a few years ago, i bought him a sony mp3 player that he wanted & he's probably only used it *at the most* 10 hours total. i voiced my concerns; he's sure he'll use/love satellite radio. so, that's what he's getting :)
I got the XM for Mother's day. I hate it. I had to sign a one year contract, and it is now removed and put in a closet. It looked so ugly, since it was not built in. I like the concept, but I could not bear those tacky wires. I drive a Mercedes wagon, and they do not have the easy place to plug it in. I looked like I was driving a taxi cab with a fare calculator.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Pink Tower|1292361902|2796839 said:
so far, i know i'm getting a kindle case from him (my mom is getting me a kindle) and maybe something else. we shall see...

he's getting the portable XM satellite radio receiver (XMp3i). he's wanted it for a while, and i've put it off & put it off b/c i'm just not sure how much he'll use it & the reviews are only so-so. a few years ago, i bought him a sony mp3 player that he wanted & he's probably only used it *at the most* 10 hours total. i voiced my concerns; he's sure he'll use/love satellite radio. so, that's what he's getting :)
I got the XM for Mother's day. I hate it. I had to sign a one year contract, and it is now removed and put in a closet. It looked so ugly, since it was not built in. I like the concept, but I could not bear those tacky wires. I drive a Mercedes wagon, and they do not have the easy place to plug it in. I looked like I was driving a taxi cab with a fare calculator.

I find that it does really depend on the car. It looked horrible in our old car, but fine in my parent's jeep. We opted for the built in touchscreen version in our new car and we love it. Its great for roadtrips since you don't lose signal in remote areas. I think the portable version would be really cool for camping etc.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what I asked for . . . picked it up last week. :)

IMG%20615a.jpg
IMG%20686a.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1292362648|2796851 said:
Pink Tower|1292361902|2796839 said:

I find that it does really depend on the car. It looked horrible in our old car, but fine in my parent's jeep. We opted for the built in touchscreen version in our new car and we love it. Its great for roadtrips since you don't lose signal in remote areas. I think the portable version would be really cool for camping etc.

yea, we shall see. our compromise is that he has to start off w/the 3 month service (i was pretty sure you could do this, but now :confused: :confused: maybe not?). this one is more like an MP3 player; it has head phones. he thinks he'll use it when walking & biking, which he does a lot. i understand about looking like driving a taxi between my ipod adapter, gps, cell phone charger it gets crazy in my car. my parents car came w/the built in receiver & they opted for the service & love it! they listen to it exclusively (well, plus NPR). i hope he loves it as much as he thinks he will but feel pessimistic for some reason.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1292357940|2796791 said:
MC he better get you something for your birthday! Even if it's flowers or another fish. I hate when my birthday is not recognized (yes, has happened a couple times).

Sorry that's happened to you Partgypsy :(

iLander

Ideal_Rock
MC|1292375308|2797060 said:
part gypsy|1292357940|2796791 said:

Sorry that's happened to you Partgypsy :(

I'm sorry too, partgypsy! My DS once "forgot" mother's day and it hurt me terribly. I didn't understand it then (he wasn't mad at me or anything, I thought we had a great relationship) and 4 years later, I still don't get it.

As far as birthdays go, you need to say things like "I'm sure looking forward to my birthday". Say it a lot if necessary. :D

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
LaurenThePartier|1292366129|2796922 said:

IMG%20615a.jpg
IMG%20686a.jpg
This is much more useful than satellite radio. It goes with everything.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, don't know what H is getting me this year. I haven't been shopping for myself yet. :naughty:

(do have a new ride arriving this week - Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4 WD Hemi , guess that's my Christmas in a way )

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
SarahLovesJS|1292302744|2796321 said:
Looks like there are some great gifts here!

Hubby got me a graphics card and a power supply and surprise I don't know about.

I got him Firefly the Complete Series on Blu-Ray, Boondock Saints on Blu-ray, Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii and a few small stocking things. He asked for Donkey Kong and he knew I looked at Boondock saints but Firefly is a surprise! I am excited for him to open them! :twirl:

Yaah, Firefly. Love that series. You've seen Serenity, right?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well fedex came while DH was at work, so now I know I got this: http://www.amazon.ca/DKNY-Genuine-Leather-Mother---Pearl/dp/B002Y3UJ02/ref=sr_1_42?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1291828052&sr=1-42 I had ordered some stuff from the same website so I didn't realize it was my present until I saw the inner box....oops.

To be honnest I'm sorta miffed because I sent him a list of about 20 watches and it looks like he just went down the list and bought the cheapest one. Its a nice watch and everything, just significantly less than our agreed upon budget.

He's extremely anti-diamond so he may have just gone for it because it didn't have diamond hour markers like most of the other ones I listed.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, nice sparkly! and it's nice that you are able to wear it before Christmas, say show it off at holiday parties and such.

chemgirl- men are so clueless. I think that's why I went off on the boycott Christmas thread, because my husband is anti almost every holiday - Valentines (ok I get this) but also Christmas and Mother's day because they are so "conformist" and "commercial". I think that's code for I don't want to put any effort in buying a gift.

I'm not high maintence (flowers or chocolates would be great for mother's day) but his comment about mother's day is "you're not my mother". How does that make me feel? I am the mother of your two children, I'm the one who buys your mother a gift for Mother's day, And I celebrate and get you something for Father's day...

I sound bitter but I'm actually not. He has actually gotten a LOT better over the years. For the first time since we have been together (almost 20 years), this is the first year he put Christmas lights on the outside of our house, and it was HIS idea.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1292441007|2797739 said:
Lauren, nice sparkly! and it's nice that you are able to wear it before Christmas, say show it off at holiday parties and such.

chemgirl- men are so clueless. I think that's why I went off on the boycott Christmas thread, because my husband is anti almost every holiday - Valentines (ok I get this) but also Christmas and Mother's day because they are so "conformist" and "commercial". I think that's code for I don't want to put any effort in buying a gift.

I'm not high maintence (flowers or chocolates would be great for mother's day) but his comment about mother's day is "you're not my mother". How does that make me feel? I am the mother of your two children, I'm the one who buys your mother a gift for Mother's day, And I celebrate and get you something for Father's day...

I sound bitter but I'm actually not. He has actually gotten a LOT better over the years. For the first time since we have been together (almost 20 years), this is the first year he put Christmas lights on the outside of our house, and it was HIS idea.

That's exactly why he's anti-diamond. It has nothing to do with mining or environmental concerns. Its because he sees them as conformist and commercial. I say the same thing about his stack of Apple products ;)) Our agreement is that I buy my own diamonds (within budget) and he buys his own ipod/iphone/ipad/imac/macbook/apple tv (the list goes on). Its usually a totally fine arrangement. I'm just a bit dissapointed that he didn't put a bit more effort in to this present.

ETA: Part Gypsy, at least your husband is making an effort this year! I feel for you about mother's day...not cool! You had his kids, you're a mother, you deserve a special day!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Well, a couple of years ago my husband bought my a Land Rover for our anniversary...but, since I do mostly city driving the combo of V8 + Premium gas is killing me (I fill up twice a week to the tune of $65.00 each time). After listening to me whine for a few months, my husband dropped the bomb that although he doesn't want to let the LR go, he would like to get me sporty crossover for my daily driver, but feels that the LR is the safest car for me in the winter months and icy snowy weather. He's pretty partial to the Cadillac...so, maybe that? If so, it won't be under the tree (I'm guessing)--most likely first of the year, but it will count all the same.

As for him...he's tough. I threaten him with kittens and puppies, but that's not happening. I was thinking of taking him on a fantastic trip somewhere we've never been before. I'm bouncing around the idea of taking him this summer to Rome, Capri, Monte Carlo and Barcelona. I might just print out a voucher good for one 14-day trip anywhere his heart desires.

HS...Christmas is in a few days, I've gotta get serious.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1292437227|2797648 said:
Well fedex came while DH was at work, so now I know I got this: http://www.amazon.ca/DKNY-Genuine-Leather-Mother---Pearl/dp/B002Y3UJ02/ref=sr_1_42?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1291828052&sr=1-42 I had ordered some stuff from the same website so I didn't realize it was my present until I saw the inner box....oops.

To be honnest I'm sorta miffed because I sent him a list of about 20 watches and it looks like he just went down the list and bought the cheapest one. Its a nice watch and everything, just significantly less than our agreed upon budget.

He's extremely anti-diamond so he may have just gone for it because it didn't have diamond hour markers like most of the other ones I listed.

maybe he's planning something else too? (just trying to look on the brightside for you :) ) oh & i really like the watch you linked!!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
lulu66|1292480181|2798319 said:
chemgirl|1292437227|2797648 said:

maybe he's planning something else too? (just trying to look on the brightside for you :) ) oh & i really like the watch you linked!!

Good point! He's the one who suggested the higher budget this year so I was surprised when I saw which watch he picked. I finished shopping for him before he suggested the increased budget, so I went out and got him a few things that he's been hinting about. I think I jumped to the conclusion that he only raised the budget so he'd get his new toys :sick:

I do like the watch and I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of it.

Maybe he has a surprise up his sleeve.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping for something from Tiffany. I dropped a big hint. Maybe a new Coach/Kate Spade/Tous handbag. Other than that, I'm not really sure. He did tell me that he got me 5 things - one of which I will use everyday, one that will make my life easier, one that he just thought I would like, and no hints on the other 2. :nono:

He is a musician, so I got him customized guitar pics, a vintage plaid sport coat to wear on stage, and a multi-effects processor. And tickets to the Blackhawks vs. Flyers game next month :tongue:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier|1292366129|2796922 said:

IMG%20615a.jpg
IMG%20686a.jpg

That's gorgeous, Lauren!!! :cheeky:

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
So I finally narrowed some gifts to get BF and I decided on some Wusthof knives, just a chef and paring.
We've really gotten into cooking our meals and right now our knives are just a Kitchen Aid set and I'm really hoping that he'll like having nicer knives. I think he'll like them, but I'm really worried that he won't love them, and I'm just so nervous. :errrr:
I think I'm still going to try and get him Big Buck Hunter too, and then maybe another cookbook.
Ahhh, I feel like nothing is good enough!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am done shopping for my husband as well.

I got him what he asked for which is an Apple gift card. He wants an ipad but wants to pick it out, so I got him the gift card to cover and also got a case so I would have something to put under the tree.

He loves Formula1, and I found this board game called "Grand Prix" at World Market and had to get it. Also got him a pound of his favorite hard to find coffee.

Still have no idea what he is doing for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results